9 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I hope Moore does get more and more action as the season moves on.  I do believe that he has tremendous talent just waiting to come out.

I think he'll be a stud but likely will be brought in slowly due to the number of young vets in front of him that also need time to adjust. We could see some major contributions in the second half of the season.

Defense is getting some solid youngsters in the secondary but the critical part will be the trenches. We already have a solid rookie there, the focus will likely be finding another one on the other side as well as a couple stud inside. Having Jones around gives us flexibility to wait but with 2-3 solid additions this defense will be one of the top rather soon.

56 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Defense is getting some solid youngsters in the secondary but the critical part will be the trenches. We already have a solid rookie there, the focus will likely be finding another one on the other side as well as a couple stud inside. Having Jones around gives us flexibility to wait but with 2-3 solid additions this defense will be one of the top rather soon.

Need a stud dt and DE in the draft and fa.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Need a stud dt and DE in the draft and fa.

Assuming the Chiefs draft in the high twenties or hopefully the thirties next spring, they won't get stud DEs or OTs.  Maybe they can trade up for one like they did McDuffie, but I'm thinking a FA that wants a ring plus a prove it year.  Needs, draft or FA, appear to be WR, OT, and DE.  A Naing recovery or a Ross emergence could help but I'd expect those to be the top priorities.  DT could use another body, but Saunders and Wharton have both upped their games so far and have more upside remaining. 

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Assuming the Chiefs draft in the high twenties or hopefully the thirties next spring, they won't get stud DEs or OTs.  Maybe they can trade up for one like they did McDuffie, but I'm thinking a FA that wants a ring plus a prove it year.  Needs, draft or FA, appear to be WR, OT, and DE.  A Naing recovery or a Ross emergence could help but I'd expect those to be the top priorities.  DT could use another body, but Saunders and Wharton have both upped their games so far and have more upside remaining. 

Yup, a DE, OT and a "real" WR. (not some project kid). 

59 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chris Jones was a 2nd rounder....it can be done.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Could trade up with extra picks.

True, but to trade from #30 to the top ten is just too expensive.  The Chiefs lucked out this spring when McDuffie fell to 19 and they had an extra first to deal with.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't see Veach giving up the draft for one player.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, but to trade from #30 to the top ten is just too expensive.  The Chiefs lucked out this spring when McDuffie fell to 19 and they had an extra first to deal with.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't see Veach giving up the draft for one player.  

Maybe not. SEE PM. If you have the extra picks and now your one guy away you do a deal. If Bosa was there I think you move up. KC wont roster 12 new picks. You get a 20 million dollar guy on a rookie deal. It would need to be a cant miss guy.

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess the 2 consecutive muffed punts happens to escape people's memory. Granted he has not muffed since but it certainly in my eyes is a red flag that he is maybe not ready for primetime

Part of it was the Roof being indoors. No doubt some rookie nerves too. I think he will do well as PR.

15 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

If you are referring to the Indy game, the Roof was open that day

15 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

If you are referring to the Indy game, the Roof was open that day

Indy Radio Announcers said it still created a very bright sky ,and made the ball hard to follow especially if you had not played there before.

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess the 2 consecutive muffed punts happens to escape people's memory. Granted he has not muffed since but it certainly in my eyes is a red flag that he is maybe not ready for primetime

He’s getting wide open at WR 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

No one has forgotten the punts, especially the first one at Indy.  But the point is that Moore has looked the part of a WR when given the opportunity.  Reid will expand his plays as the season progresses which is typical Reid.  Moore has done well in his limited WR role and should get more sooner than later.