27 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

That's why I mentioned best in his era. Are you saying that if Sayers had the same impact now as he did then, meaning he was as dominant against current talent as he was back then, he wouldn't be inducted because only 68 games?

I don't believe he would but I'm more than available to be wrong. I thought well how bout Earl Campbell??.. yea he had an 8 year career but only 5 of those where 1K yrd plus years

38 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Agreed about the generations apart.  We will see if the bar really has been raised in 2025 when Eli Manning will be eligible.   Personally i don't think he is a HOF caliber QB but thanks to his last name Spags D shutting down Brady and that offense in 2007 and not a strong HOF class i think he will get in.  

But will Eli get in first ballot? Not so sure but he is a Manning

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't believe he would but I'm more than available to be wrong. I thought well how bout Earl Campbell??.. yea he had an 8 year career but only 5 of those where 1K yrd plus years

Check this out. Pretty cool. They show the avg HOF stats and those that fall above and below. You can select different positions. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_RB.htm

34 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

That's why I mentioned best in his era. Are you saying that if Sayers had the same impact now as he did then, meaning he was as dominant against current talent as he was back then, he wouldn't be inducted because only 68 games?

I think he probably would not.  Are you gonna put Priest Holmes in?  He had 65 games as a Chief that were probably as dominant as Sayers' 68 game career.  

9 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think he probably would not.  Are you gonna put Priest Holmes in?  He had 65 games as a Chief that were probably as dominant as Sayers' 68 game career.  

Apples & Oranges. Sayers was easily the best RB of his era. One of the best in history. Priest had some really good years. But the year he lead the league in rushing (1555) ranks below his contemporaries. Within a 5 year span either way:

2006LaDainian Tomlinson+ (27)1,815SDG

2005Shaun Alexander (28)1,880SEA

2004Curtis Martin+ (31)1,697NYJ

2003Jamal Lewis (24)2,066BAL

2002Ricky Williams (25)1,853MIA

2001Priest Holmes (27)1,555KAN

2000Edgerrin James+ (22)1,709IND

1999Edgerrin James+ (21)1,553IND

1998Terrell Davis+ (25)2,008DEN

1997Barry Sanders+ (29)2,053DET

1996Barry Sanders+ (28)1,553DET

When you think of Mahomes contemporaries.......Allen, Jackson, Herbert, etc. Mahomes blows them away. I'll repeat 2 SB appearances, a SB win, 5000 & 50, 4 consecutive AFCCGs, League MVP, SB MVP. 1st to 20,000 yds, blah, blah blah. These are stats AND big wins. Then there are left handed passes, no look passes, WASP, the run against TEN, the :13 win vs BUFF, 24 point deficit vs HOU and on and on. He's done shit no other QB can or has done.Teams are drafting to try to neutralize him. Loses one of the best WRs in the league and wins to OP of the week twice already. But let's wait a couple of seasons until we can be certain he's HOF. GTF Outta heah you ungrateful bastards. ;)

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Apples & Oranges. Sayers was easily the best RB of his era. One of the best in history. Priest had some really good years. But the year he lead the league in rushing (1555) ranks below his contemporaries. Within a 5 year span either way:

2006LaDainian Tomlinson+ (27)1,815SDG

2005Shaun Alexander (28)1,880SEA

2004Curtis Martin+ (31)1,697NYJ

2003Jamal Lewis (24)2,066BAL

2002Ricky Williams (25)1,853MIA

2001Priest Holmes (27)1,555KAN

2000Edgerrin James+ (22)1,709IND

1999Edgerrin James+ (21)1,553IND

1998Terrell Davis+ (25)2,008DEN

1997Barry Sanders+ (29)2,053DET

1996Barry Sanders+ (28)1,553DET

He played at the same time as Jim Brown and O J Simpson and I'd say they were both better.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

This whole thread is pointless IMHO.  Mahomes isn't going anywhere for a number of years.  If he got a career ending injury, he would be in like Sayers.  Otherwise, he will rack up wins and yardage to put him among the elite.

You just made the point of my pointless thread. 

Mahomes will start passing HOF QBs in total career passing yards this year.

First up:  Roger Staubach - 114 games started - 22,700 passing yards

On Deck - Bart Starr - 157 starts - 24718 yds

The least amount of games started for a HOF QB is 114 games.

Pat - 67 starts - 20097 yds

7 hours ago, xen said:

Mahomes will start passing HOF QBs in total career passing yards this year.

First up:  Roger Staubach - 114 games started - 22,700 passing yards

On Deck - Bart Starr - 157 starts - 24718 yds

The least amount of games started for a HOF QB is 114 games.

Pat - 67 starts - 20097 yds

Different era, different style of game.  It's how he stacks up against Marino, Farve, Brady, Breese, Manning, etc. that will measure greatness.  A few more championships won't hurt either   

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Different era, different style of game.  It's how he stacks up against Marino, Farve, Brady, Breese, Manning, etc. that will measure greatness.  A few more championships won't hurt either   

I mean, duh. But he's 67 games in and starting to pass HOF passers on the career list.

Y'all are witnessing history here.  Have some appreciation.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean, duh. But he's 67 games in and starting to pass HOF passers on the career list.

Y'all are witnessing history here.  Have some appreciation.

All of us who have been Chiefs' fans for nearly 60 years have tons of appreciation.  Dawson, Lanier, Bell, Buchanan, Taylor, then decades of darkness until Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Jones.  Adversity creates appreciation.  

From Field Yates on Twitter:

Following last night’s win, the Chiefs are now 12-9 (.571) with Patrick Mahomes as their starting QB when they have faced a 10+ point deficit since the start of 2018. During that same stretch, all other QBs are 156-873 (.152) when trailing by 10+ points. No lead is safe vs. KC.

• 3 weeks later...

''Patrick Mahomes is the definition of a Hall of Famer. He's changed the game,'' Bills pass rusher Von Miller said. ''Nobody has ever played the game like he has. He's left a mark on our sport, left a mark on our league.

''And,'' Miller said, ''he's influenced his teammates to play at a higher level than they normally would.''

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

''Patrick Mahomes is the definition of a Hall of Famer. He's changed the game,'' Bills pass rusher Von Miller said. ''Nobody has ever played the game like he has. He's left a mark on our sport, left a mark on our league.

''And,'' Miller said, ''he's influenced his teammates to play at a higher level than they normally would.''

That statement sums it up IMHO. 

I've shied away from this subject, but have thought about it. Didn't really want to think about something happening to Mahomes were this question would even come up. I'm still amazed that he's actually a Chief. After all these seasons, we not only got an elite QB, but one on a whole other level. This dude actually got me back into football. He most-likely won't surpass Brady in SB wins (not sure anyone will) but it's exciting going into every season knowing we have a chance. 

9 hours ago, qnet said:

That statement sums it up IMHO. 

I've shied away from this subject, but have thought about it. Didn't really want to think about something happening to Mahomes were this question would even come up. I'm still amazed that he's actually a Chief. After all these seasons, we not only got an elite QB, but one on a whole other level. This dude actually got me back into football. He most-likely won't surpass Brady in SB wins (not sure anyone will) but it's exciting going into every season knowing we have a chance. 

Nobody will surpass Brady in superbowls.  NFL has too much parity now and Andy won't cheat his way to wins like BB.  

The more I think about this the more I am a yes that Pat is HOF QB already.

What he's done so far is just incomparable to other players.  I'm not sure there is a parallel in sports.