Hardman article for your consideration

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm kinda lost here... . catches:  22/12 in favor of Juju.  yds:  257/144 in favor of juju. 

Juju has the most catches outside kelce and is one yard behind MVS in terms of most yds.

That's not a ghost.  And unlike Hardman, he hasn't had 3 years to gel with Mahomes.

Lastly, Juju has been playing with a hamstring injury.  You can't prop up Hardman for playing hurt, but call Juju out when he's also playing hurt.

Here's the problem with Hardman....  dude has all the tools to be great....but my god, he has the absolute worst ball tracking skills i've ever seen.  There's no point in having all that speed to take the top off if you screw yourself everytime the ball is thrown deep to you and you can't find it...

Hardman has been hurt. Im not saying he is the guy. He is a good #3 , deep threat decoy, punt returns and sweeps. Shuster has better stats , has been available no injuries, but has shown me very little. After all Mahomes is his QB too. Im not rooting against Shuster. I hope he become dominate. Kelce is now the guy and so far the rest have been just ok. 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure and I see it with other receivers too. Hell CEH got hit in the helmet. 

Dude. When to look for the ball when Pat is your QB, always. CEH has had a couple of those, but that scramble TD pass was heads up. Jet and MVS are pretty good about settling into a spot on a QB scramble, but Kelce is the master at finding that hole. 

22 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Dude. When to look for the ball when Pat is your QB, always. CEH has had a couple of those, but that scramble TD pass was heads up. Jet and MVS are pretty good about settling into a spot on a QB scramble, but Kelce is the master at finding that hole. 

LOL No receiver on this years team has been special YET.

55 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

LOL No receiver on this years team has been special YET.

Who do you think it will be? My heart says Moore because that would be the best case scenario. MVS would be second because we control him for 3 years, but the betting money is with JJ. Which would be the odds but worst for us with the one year deal. 

28 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Who do you think it will be? My heart says Moore because that would be the best case scenario. MVS would be second because we control him for 3 years, but the betting money is with JJ. Which would be the odds but worst for us with the one year deal. 

I think they will all be about the same. Average. Chiefs do not have a #1 guy. There is a reason those free agents were allowed to walk. Moore has the best potential for next year. 

Looks like more tight ends and rbs will be catching passes and involved in screens etc.

17 hours ago, DieHard said:

I hope JJ balls out second half.  With wr contracts being handed out that is an easy 4th or 5th and possibly 3rd if he really has a strong showing in the playoffs.  Hurts to lose him but a 3 million investment for a mid round pick ain't bad. 

On 10/14/2022 at 4:35 PM, AFCWEST said:

Hardman has been hurt. Im not saying he is the guy. He is a good #3 , deep threat decoy, punt returns and sweeps. Shuster has better stats , has been available no injuries, but has shown me very little. After all Mahomes is his QB too. Im not rooting against Shuster. I hope he become dominate. Kelce is now the guy and so far the rest have been just ok. 

Not like hadn’t already…. But today was another an example as to why Hardman will be gone after this season.  Missed opportunities due to tracking, shit down on sweeps and returns.  All while Juju tore it up…

Skyee will be WR2 or WR3 before this season is over…

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

Not like hadn’t already…. But today was another an example as to why Hardman will be gone after this season.  Missed opportunities due to tracking, shit down on sweeps and returns.  All while Juju tore it up…

Skyee will be WR2 or WR3 before this season is over…

Hardman had some big plays. MVS nothing. Why the pass for MVS? 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Because he is 6'4" and he had his hands on the ball.  Gotta be bigger than that and come down with it.   Glad Juju finally had a good game.  Dude still has some juice.  Hope this builds some rapport with Mahomes.

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I had to laugh when Romo mentioned about Hardman "needing to "Develop" I was WTF dude he's had his time let him develop with someone else. For me personally it's not just Hardman "hate" as it's been labeled I'm not overly impressed with any of them.  I still cant get their Jersey #'s straight. I know JuJu is no Reek but dang he looked slow eve for a "possession" receiver. The cast of characters has been set, we have a plethora of #3 WRs wont get to the SB  with that.

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Mahomes had 3 deeps passes to hardman...  he incorrectly tracked all three.  IF his talent is supposed to be speed and the deep ball, he's failing miserably.

Just because he had some big plays, doesn't negate that he's not a good WR.  I mean, even the worst have had a some plays

Muffed a punt as well, can't WR and cant KR/PR

No pass for MVS.  Our conversation has been directly involving harman and Juju.  I'm not going to bring in another person for fun.

I'd rather give Skyy Moore more reps at this point...

6 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Mahomes had 3 deeps passes to hardman...  he incorrectly tracked all three.  IF his talent is supposed to be speed and the deep ball, he's failing miserably.

Just because he had some big plays, doesn't negate that he's not a good WR.  I mean, even the worst have had a some plays

No pass for MVS.  Our conversation has been directly involving harman and Juju.  I'm not going to bring in another person for fun.

I agree Moore getting more opportunities. My position is the same. Hardman is fine as a #3 receiver and gadget guy. Most say it was the receiver not on the same page as Mahomes. Mahomes is not the most accurate deep ball guy and its possible that sometimes , just sometimes , he makes the wrong determination. No KC receiver has shown a lot so far except Kelce a TE.

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I had to laugh when Romo mentioned about Hardman "needing to "Develop" I was WTF dude he's had his time let him develop with someone else. For me personally it's not just Hardman "hate" as it's been labeled I'm not overly impressed with any of them.  I still cant get their Jersey #'s straight. I know JuJu is no Reek but dang he looked slow eve for a "possession" receiver. The cast of characters has been set, we have a plethora of #3 WRs wont get to the SB  with that.

We are 4-2 and lost by 4 to probably the best in the NFL.  We are better than we were last year with a harder schedule and a bunch of "#3" wr's still figuring out the offense.   We have more than enough fire power to get back to the SB.   If we don't it won't be because of the wr's.  It will be because our D takes a step backwards or can't generate enough pressure or the offensive play calling continues to be inconsistent.  

11 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I believe Hardman struggles with two areas that negate his insane speed.  He tracks balls horrifically which is a shame because with his speed he could bail out Mahomes when the throw isn't perfect.   The other is his ability to adjust a route to make himself a better target.  Romo specifically mentioned him flattening out a route to give Mahomes a better angle and keep the DB from jumping the route instead he fades deeper.   There was a pass last week or the week before were Mahomes threw it deep and if Hardman could track well he would have immediately turned deep and probably snags that for a deep TD, but instead he keeps running towards the sideline and by the time he realized were the pass was going to be he makes the move deep way to late and those 2 wasted steps in the wrong direction cost him a deep ball.   No different that a centerfielder.  A couple wrong steps are the difference in a reception and an incomplete.   JMO.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The Arizona Cardinals have traded for Carolina Panthers WR Robbie Anderson in exchange for a 6th-round pick in 2024 and a 7th-round pick in 2025, per Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport.

That is peanuts for a talented wr.  I used to get upset about news like this but Andy Reids system is so hard for wr's to learn it feels like it would be a waste of draft picks.   The chances a wr can come in mid season and build rapport with Mahomes and learn this vast playbook sufficient enough to make a difference is miniscule.   Are all playbooks as difficult as ours, and with Mahomes do they need to be that difficult?  Some of his best work comes when the play breaks down.  

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/24/mecole-hardman-career-day-49ers-chiefs/

According to the NFL, Hardman is the first wide receiver in the modern era to record two rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown in the same game. Despite the difference in the box score, all three scores came on jet sweep plays.

Hardman’s performance and usage will certainly force opposing defenses to respect the Chiefs’ pre-snap motion once again.

Hardman’s contract expires after the 2022 season, leaving questions about his future in Kansas City. His lack of refined route running has limited him in the NFL, but when he gets the ball, good things usually happen. Hardman averaged 8.7 yards after the catch in 2021, which was second in the NFL. His most recent performance only shows the value he has to the Chiefs’ game plan.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/24/mecole-hardman-career-day-49ers-chiefs/

According to the NFL, Hardman is the first wide receiver in the modern era to record two rushing touchdowns and a receiving touchdown in the same game. Despite the difference in the box score, all three scores came on jet sweep plays.

Hardman’s performance and usage will certainly force opposing defenses to respect the Chiefs’ pre-snap motion once again.

Hardman’s contract expires after the 2022 season, leaving questions about his future in Kansas City. His lack of refined route running has limited him in the NFL, but when he gets the ball, good things usually happen. Hardman averaged 8.7 yards after the catch in 2021, which was second in the NFL. His most recent performance only shows the value he has to the Chiefs’ game plan.

I was thinking about how high his trade value just rose he's a gadget player and they are dime a dozen, Even Clark the Shark had a break out performance but doesn't mean we should keep or resign them.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was thinking about how high his trade value just rose he's a gadget player and they are dime a dozen, Even Clark the Shark had a break out performance but doesn't mean we should keep or resign them.

The guy may be cheap next year. Good #3 role player. Good depth. Current contract cheap. No big deal if he leaves either. No reason to hate on this guy.

So he has trade value but is not good enough to stay?