Hardman article for your consideration

17 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Its not worth trading this guy mid season for a mid round pick. He is a part of this offense surge. He was hurt until recently. Build on the MO. 

Its not like KC is deep at receiver. Moore needs more seasoning. An injury to one of the top two guys is not unlikely.

For a mid round pick I would even send him to AFC West, I thought we were considering late picks :D 

Jokes aside we may not be deep in terms of established receivers but Hardman isn't an exception to that either. There are limited number of snaps to go around and Hardman's presence may also be something that's hindering Moore's or Watson's development and considering the upside the raw version of Moore on the field may be a bigger investment for us for the playoff run. 

Another thing to consider is that we'll be good with Mahomes around but successful teams can't keep everyone and that's not just a matter of offseason extensions. We need to be able to let players with trade value leave during as well for the right price and if there's a buyer for Hardman I think his value for the playoff run isn't as critical as the possible future gain for that pick. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

For a mid round pick I would even send him to AFC West, I thought we were considering late picks :D 

Jokes aside we may not be deep in terms of established receivers but Hardman isn't an exception to that either. There are limited number of snaps to go around and Hardman's presence may also be something that's hindering Moore's or Watson's development and considering the upside the raw version of Moore on the field may be a bigger investment for us for the playoff run. 

Another thing to consider is that we'll be good with Mahomes around but successful teams can't keep everyone and that's not just a matter of offseason extensions. We need to be able to let players with trade value leave during as well for the right price and if there's a buyer for Hardman I think his value for the playoff run isn't as critical as the possible future gain for that pick. 

And if one of your top two receivers is injured you have unproven guys at #2. Not going to happen. Andy is not going to rely on Moore at this point. Chiefs are just putting it together. Actually coming together faster than I would have thought. Depth and Experience wins in the play offs. 

Watson is a 4-5 YR NFL player. Moore is developing every day during practice film etc. If he were great in practice, no mistakes or mental errors, he would be getting more opportunities and running different routes. Fans dont see practice and behind the scenes. Easy to think the other guy is better.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

any talk of a SB is folly IMO unless the Bills suffer some sort of catastrophic wave of injuries. We have yet to play the Bolts and we all know there is another Indy type game in the future just hopefully not against the Dirts or Donks. 

SB? Who brought that up? Any team can get to that SB game if they get in the play off dance. Hell Cinn made it?  KC will be in the play offs. They could go 5-5 and get in. 

KC could have beat Buff. It was that close.

There are no unbeatable teams.. 

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

SB? Who brought that up? Any team can get to that SB game if they get in the play off dance. Hell Cinn made it?  KC will be in the play offs. They could go 5-5 and get in. 

KC could have beat Buff. It was that close.

There are no unbeatable teams.. 

Tired Wake Up GIF by Working Title

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

any talk of a SB is folly IMO unless the Bills suffer some sort of catastrophic wave of injuries. We have yet to play the Bolts and we all know there is another Indy type game in the future just hopefully not against the Dirts or Donks. 

I wouldn't say its folly.   When you have Mahomes n Reid as your QB/HC combo and have had the success they have had SB aspirations are going to get talked about by the fans. 

Buff n KC are the 2 best teams in the AFC up to this point IMO.  Buf isnt going to improve whole lot between now n the playoffs.  KC on the other hand can with the rookie corners getting better with playing time and adding  Mcduffie and Gay  back into a D that held Buff to 24.  Mahomes getting more comfortable with JJSS n MVS.  Moore getting more snaps in the offense possibly being a factor.   KC has more room to grow on the both sides of the ball mainly on offense where as Buff is  close to the level they will be at all season and into the playoffs.  

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Kc beat the bolts. Had the ball with a chance to win against Buffalo. The odds are the same as the other two teams.

frankly Cincinnati scares me more than buffalo. The weapons are insane 

But what people might have forgotten was that Powell was a late bloomer at Clemson and didn’t come into his own until he was a fifth-year senior for the Tigers. Suddenly he put up 53 catches for 882 yards and 7 touchdowns and landed on draft boards around the league.

This preseason, the story was technically the same—Powell failed to get a roster spot and was back on the practice squad—but the paths looked remarkably different. Powell was clearly stronger and more mentally prepared for the tasks in front of him and at times he looked like he might be the best developmental receiver on the team.

Going forward, there’s every reason to believe that Powell might turn into a real contributor next season with another full year of growth with the Chiefs staff. However, if push comes to shove, he could also likely help in a pinch this year.https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/25/kc-chiefs-still-plenty-wr-help-case-emergency/

Remember, Conley hasn’t been around K.C. since Mahomes’ first season as a starting quarterback. In that year, Conley grabbed five touchdown catches when he’d had only 1 in his previous three seasons. Conley likely would have loved to have stuck around Kansas City to grow with the young offense, but the Chiefs turned the page at the position and Conley moved on to the AFC South.

Conley spent 2019-2020 with the Jacksonville Jaguars, making the most of a miserable franchise—at least on the field–before heading to the Houston Texans in 2021 and a couple of games into this present season. In that span of time, Conley has remained a moderately utilized target no matter what offensive system he’s in with career averages of 30 catches for 401 yards and 2 touchdowns.

If the Chiefs tap Conley on the shoulder, he will likely step right into a role that gives him a handful of targets as a receiver who can slip inside the slot or line him up outside. While other teams haven’t utilized him inside as much as K.C. did in his final season, he’s definitely still used to lining up in multiple spaces and that should keep him useful if something happens to the WR room

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

This is a pretty surprising remark to be made.  Even by the most fickle of fans.  The game we watched a week ago was competitive and could have been won by either team.  If the chiefs were able to push it that far missing several key players as well as fielding MANY rookies and 1st year chiefs that will undoubtedly get markedly better as the season progresses, how can anyone make this kind of statement.

Did you make similar comments after the Bills smashed the chiefs 38-20 last season?  How did that turn out in the playoffs?

And yes, we play the bolts again, who are falling apart due to injuries more and more every day.  But no, we don't "all know there is another Indy type game in the future".  This isn't the old chiefs.  We haven't had an indy type game in the 2nd half of the season for the last 5 years.  

I know some of us are used to the old "same ole chiefs" comments...  but we aren't.  We need to get past that...

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

This is a pretty surprising remark to be made.  Even by the most fickle of fans.  The game we watched a week ago was competitive and could have been won by either team.  If the chiefs were able to push it that far missing several key players as well as fielding MANY rookies and 1st year chiefs that will undoubtedly get markedly better as the season progresses, how can anyone make this kind of statement.

Did you make similar comments after the Bills smashed the chiefs 38-20 last season?  How did that turn out in the playoffs?

And yes, we play the bolts again, who are falling apart due to injuries more and more every day.  But no, we don't "all know there is another Indy type game in the future".  This isn't the old chiefs.  We haven't had an indy type game in the 2nd half of the season for the last 5 years.  

I know some of us are used to the old "same ole chiefs" comments...  but we aren't.  We need to get past that...

Here comes the GIF. LOL

It's taken time for the Chiefs to finally figure out what Hardman can and can't do.  He's fast but not a real route runner.  He gives up on plays when he concludes that he is not the target, which infuriates Mahomes. He is a decent kick returner.  He helps keep defenses honest with his speed and has been mostly a decoy to create a little extra room for the other receivers. Mahomes has occasionally exploited that and actually sent some good plays his way at certain points during the game, when the secondary starts cheating up. His main value is as a field stretcher and as a fine runner in screens and end-arounds. If he is willing to be paid for only his roles that he is good at, then great.  Otherwise,  he is not worth his anticipated next contract. BTW, his hands are not good when a laser is sent his way in a tight window in the short to intermediate range.  That puts him in a unfavorable position with Mahomes. I know he had a good game on Sunday. As long as he is used that way, he is an asset. His assets were a good matchup against the 49ers.  Credit Reid for that solution.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It's taken time for the Chiefs to finally figure out what Hardman can and can't do.  He's fast but not a real route runner.  He gives up on plays when he concludes that he is not the target, which infuriates Mahomes. He is a decent kick returner.  He helps keep defenses honest with his speed and has been mostly a decoy to create a little extra room for the other receivers. Mahomes has occasionally exploited that and actually sent some good plays his way at certain points during the game, when the secondary starts cheating up. His main value is as a field stretcher and as a fine runner in screens and end-arounds. If he is willing to be paid for only his roles that he is good at, then great.  Otherwise,  he is not worth his anticipated next contract. BTW, his hands are not good when a laser is sent his way in a tight window in the short to intermediate range.  That puts him in a unfavorable position with Mahomes. I know he had a good game on Sunday. As long as he is used that way, he is an asset. His assets were a good matchup against the 49ers.  Credit Reid for that solution.

Yup. That's why if someone offered up a 4th rnd pick for him I would take IT! We have players on this roster right now that can do what he does and more. 

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup. That's why if someone offered up a 4th rnd pick for him I would take IT! We have players on this roster right now that can do what he does and more. 

Nobody is a fast. Speed is important to stretch that field. The other guys are unproven. At the end of the deadline he wont be traded. I doubt Veach is thinking we need more picks vs proven depth for a deep playoff run. Chiefs could be buyers.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Nobody is a fast. Speed is important to stretch that field. The other guys are unproven. At the end of the deadline he wont be traded. 

Nobody is as fast? I'm in the camp that Skyy was drafted to replace/backfill mecole. I believe Skyy is just as fast, and jet sweeps and WR screens aren't complicated playcalls. Nonetheless, you're probably right that no one will offer up anything for hardman by the deadline and he'll be here. 

I'll never get too high on Hardman. He's had 3 and half years to prove his worth and usually takes one step forward and 2 steps back way too much. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Nobody is as fast? I'm in the camp that Skyy was drafted to replace/backfill mecole. I believe Skyy is just as fast, and jet sweeps and WR screens aren't complicated playcalls. Nonetheless, you're probably right that no one will offer up anything for hardman by the deadline and he'll be here. 

I'll never get too high on Hardman. He's had 3 and half years to prove his worth and usually takes one step forward and 2 steps back way too much. 

Im not high on him. He has an important role and the offense is humming now. I doubt he gets any big offers next year. Most Kc receivers that have left in free agency have not done much. The Mahomes factor. 

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That's pretty pessimistic.  The Chiefs are two plays from being 7-0.  They're also two plays from being 3-4.  Point being, anything can happen.  One could argue that the Chiefs would have won if Gay and McDuffie hadn't been out.  Three seasons ago, the Ravens were a lock and lost their first home game in the playoffs.  The Bills are a better, more complete team than the Chiefs, on paper.  If they play the AFCCG at home, they will be big favorites.  And the game will hinge on one play if history means anything.  Also, the odds of both KC and BUFF making it to the final game aren't all that short.  Yeah, the Chiefs will probably lose a game or two they shouldn't.  Have you considered that the Bills will do the same? 

I figured they would be 4-3 or 3-4 at this point due to the brutal difficulty of the schedule and the number of rookies.  I am very happy they are 5-2.  Asking for 7-0 is just too greedy for the reality of the situation.  The schedule eases up now and becomes more normal, and this current team is now battle tested.

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's pretty pessimistic.  The Chiefs are two plays from being 7-0.  They're also two plays from being 3-4.  Point being, anything can happen.  One could argue that the Chiefs would have won if Gay and McDuffie hadn't been out.  Three seasons ago, the Ravens were a lock and lost their first home game in the playoffs.  The Bills are a better, more complete team than the Chiefs, on paper.  If they play the AFCCG at home, they will be big favorites.  And the game will hinge on one play if history means anything.  Also, the odds of both KC and BUFF making it to the final game aren't all that short.  Yeah, the Chiefs will probably lose a game or two they shouldn't.  Have you considered that the Bills will do the same? 

The teams we have played have had at least as many key injuries as us, so that factor is a wash.  A very big factor in what happens in the second  half, as always, is who has the most key injuries. In many ways, this game is a matter of "it's better to be lucky than good." Actually, "it is just as important to be lucky as good."  Depth is the key to everything.

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bills at home vs KC not a big favorite. PM plays really well in the cold. Maybe a 3 point favorite? Maybe? I think it might be a plus playing them ,as underdogs, on the road. Chiefs will show up with a Chip.