Chiefs vs Raiders Game Thread. Lets go KC

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's just the d line period. They don't wreck a run game and they don't consistently get pressure with 4 guys against the pass. We need another stud DE and DT both. I figured that was the plan this past offseason but they ended up going heavy in the secondary instead.

This is a good team. This is a playoff team. I dont know if we're a SB team. Next week will tell us a lot. But like you said earlier...as of now we don't have an answer at either OT spot long term and we need 2 more impact defensive lineman. As usual Veach will have his work cut out for him this offseason. Getting Clark's 20 mill off the books will help.

It sucks because I think Orlando Brown is a good player who's a bad fit for this offense. Reid just loves to throw. And he's built for a run blocking scheme.

Even after last week's performance you see Reid with the head scratching decision to not involve Pacheco. I thought last week was a turning point. I thought if we can run like this against the best run d in the league, we can do whatever we want on offense. Instead Reid comes out with a 43-23 pass to run split and Pacheco gets 1 carry.

I agree with everything you said, but the part about Orlando Brown is the big one.  He is a talented player.  He’s not a top 5 tackle in any system, but he’d be excellent in a run heavy system.  I’d like to say he’d be more suited on the right side, but that still doesn’t make him fit with his inability to block speed.  I can’t see any scenario where we give him a contract after this year. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Happy for this win. KC could have easily lost this game and the Charger game. So 4-1 looking a bit lucky. Could be 2-3. Team should get better after the bye. Going 1-1 in the next two would be ok. 

Could play that game every which way with every team… 

we should not have lost to Indy either 

10 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I agree with everything you said, but the part about Orlando Brown is the big one.  He is a talented player.  He’s not a top 5 tackle in any system, but he’d be excellent in a run heavy system.  I’d like to say he’d be more suited on the right side, but that still doesn’t make him fit with his inability to block speed.  I can’t see any scenario where we give him a contract after this year. 

Not without moving him to RT and seeing how good he can be there first. And even if they did move him to RT and he balled out, he's looking at 5/75 or something. This dude thought he was gonna be the highest paid OT in football. Oopsie...

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Could play that game every which way with every team… 

we should not have lost to Indy either 

Yes thats true and it does not change the reality. It shows the team is not that much better, if better, than the competition. So my take is 4-1 has been lucky. The Raiders have lost 4 by a total of 14 points I think. Thats a bit unlucky. 

Thank goodness Mahomes and Kelce are so amazing when it counts. Very clutch.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not without moving him to RT and seeing how good he can be there first. And even if they did move him to RT and he balled out, he's looking at 5/75 or something. This dude thought he was gonna be the highest paid OT in football. Oopsie...

Brown proved he is not a team guy. He may be playing safe to make sure he gets a payday. Who wants a one dimensional LT? 

So what were the halftime o line adjustments because it seemed things were a little more steady? 
also what the fuck was that call on 3rd and 3 at end of game where we try to hit hardman instead hitting sky Moore again and get the damn 1 st down. 
Im happy with the wine especially against the raiders. 
would like see more of sky next week. He snatches that ball and gets north south in a hurry. 

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hope Miller is not lined up across from him next week. Cheapers. 

Hardman possesses elite traits but he is one of the worst wr at tracking a ball.  That third down throw was deep and he keeps running across instead of tracking the ball and turning up field by the time he does he has not chance.  Not saying the ball was perfect but when you are that fast you should be able to help your qb out more.   

With that said he played a pretty good game tonight.   

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Hardman possesses elite traits but he is one of the worst wr at tracking a ball.  That third down throw was deep and he keeps running across instead of tracking the ball and turning up field by the time he does he has not chance.  Not saying the ball was perfect but when you are that fast you should be able to help your qb out more.   

With that said he played a pretty good game tonight.   

Not sure the route obviously,  but if mahomes actually leads him, it’s game over to the house.