I need some feedback!

15 hours ago, xen said:

I gotta say to call banh mi pork on bread and poutine cheese fries makes me think you either eat at a lot of shitty places or you don't know shit about food.  Either way that opinion seems to have a lot of shit in it.  You gotta be that guy who goes to Nobu and tries to order chicken nuggets.

Yeah....i know nothing about food...  considering my wife is asian and I've probably had more Bahn Mi sandwiches in the last six than you will have in 10 lifetimes.  And she agrees with me, BTW.  Bahn me is a sandwich with a crispy baguette asian bread.  It is sold in liteally every restaurant in Vietnam, and is as far from fancy or gourmet as it gets

And yes, I'm being liberal about the poutine, but dude....  its like sold in every restaurant in canada....its freaking common comfort food, you know...like BBQ is in the US.  trying to call it fancy, or gourmet is just ridiculous, especially since any person can whip that up in their kitchen in like 15 minutes...   cheese curds, gravy, fries....  its as basic as it gets...

If there's someone here that doesn't know shit about food....point that finger yourself.  You gotta be that guy that goes to the most expensive place in town, and orders the most expensive item on the menu, so you can brag to your friends about the gourmet meal you got...even if it tastes like ass...

15 hours ago, xen said:

Believe what you want.  You're wrong though.

image.png.87f421f68cea2566df7c06cbd05f69ed.pngyou really wanna try telling me that BBQ places don't sell a sandwich with pork belly, pulled pork, mayo and slaw?

and just in KC, Slaps and Pigwich sell BBQ poutine fries too...   but i guess it must be exclusive to fancy gourmet places like Q39, since you know...  Slaps and Pigwich are such high end establishments 🤡

46 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

All the texas BBQ I tried was spicy. Some had more kick than others but all in all the difference from KC and texas is the kick. Give me KC BBQ any day. And now that I am in Alabama I miss it even more. To the people said southern cookin is amazing-- please punch yourself in the face. I miss midwest food so bad. They just can't cook down here. Everything is so overcooked and no flavor hardly. Other than the seafood its amazing. So to summarize right about now I would do some pretty sketchy shit for some midwest food yet alone KC BBQ.

you live in Alabama? Halloween Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals Roll Tide! I'm not sure what your definition of  "Southern Food" is but ok if you say so. I married the 2nd coming of Paula Dean and I did'nt get this fat eating Bhi Mi or whatever that crap is Xen and Zride are yaking about.

You know Jack Stack does mail order as does Joes IIRC.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you live in Alabama? Halloween Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals Roll Tide! I'm not sure what your definition of  "Southern Food" is but ok if you say so. I married the 2nd coming of Paula Dean and I did'nt get this fat eating Bhi Mi or whatever that crap is Xen and Zride are yaking about.

You know Jack Stack does mail order as does Joes IIRC.

Yeah I live in southern alabama. Moved here 3 years ago. And to be honest I love it here. My dollar goes alot farther here than Missery thats for sure and I have saltwater fishing and beaches. I would call Alabama southern united states. People are so much nicer and I do not have cold weather so yeah winning. Lsugh all you want but when you are changing a tire in -10 degrees and can't feel your hands or feet just know I will be 40 miles out catching some fish in shorts. Yep who is laughing now.  lol

2 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Yeah I live in southern alabama. Moved here 3 years ago. And to be honest I love it here. My dollar goes alot farther here than Missery thats for sure and I have saltwater fishing and beaches. I would call Alabama southern united states. People are so much nicer and I do not have cold weather so yeah winning. Lsugh all you want but when you are changing a tire in -10 degrees and can't feel your hands or feet just know I will be 40 miles out catching some fish in shorts. Yep who is laughing now.  lol

Gulf Shores? I love the seasons and will take an occasional Tornado watch over the bi yearly Hurricane any day not to mention the ever present bugs. But no matter to each their own... Roll Tide! I will say one thing .. some of them southern women's accents could melt dry ice in a nano second.

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Gulf Shores? I love the seasons and will take an occasional Tornado watch over the bi yearly Hurricane any day not to mention the ever present bugs. But no matter to each their own... Roll Tide! I will say one thing .. some of them southern women's accents could melt dry ice in a nano second.

I wish gulf shores. The nats are fucking annoying as hell. I pick hurricane over tornado at least I get a good enough warning for those. Not a fan of roll tide. And yes their accents are amazing.

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

the only BBQ I have had in Tennessee was in Memphis at the Rendezvous? This was near 20 years ago now, unimpressive. My Brother, a friend of ours who Played O-Line for Notre Dame  6'-6" 300#s & I went in there. We boldly told them  we where from KC so they brought out the head cook, we said some pleasantries and issued the challenge.  Sides in Dixie cups? are you fuking kidding?  to 3 guys combining for every bit of 750#'s? The Ribs were all Rub no sauce and the sauce on the table was nothing to brag on. I wouldn't go back if you bought me the meal. I mean after all this time I remember how MEH it was.

That being said I'm sure in some smoky BBQ joint there is some fine BBQ to be had somewhere.

Lol.....yes I've been to Rendezvous in Memphis and I couldn't agree more. Not impressed. However, here in middle Tennessee there are a few mom and pop places that are pretty solid. Slick Pig and Fat Guys Barbeque are a couple I like. Looking forward to taste what KC has to offer.

7 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

image.png.87f421f68cea2566df7c06cbd05f69ed.pngyou really wanna try telling me that BBQ places don't sell a sandwich with pork belly, pulled pork, mayo and slaw?

and just in KC, Slaps and Pigwich sell BBQ poutine fries too...   but i guess it must be exclusive to fancy gourmet places like Q39, since you know...  Slaps and Pigwich are such high end establishments 🤡

Go fucking argue with OTs friend, he's the one that called it gourmet.

I spent years as a working chef but yeah I probably don't know shit.  I'm well aware of what the items are having eaten both many times all over the place. 

Q39 is not your average KC BBQ.  Now go yell at an Auburn fan and get it out of your system.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Lol.....yes I've been to Rendezvous in Memphis and I couldn't agree more. Not impressed. However, here in middle Tennessee there are a few mom and pop places that are pretty solid. Slick Pig and Fat Guys Barbeque are a couple I like. Looking forward to taste what KC has to offer.

Vacationed twice in Tennessee. Loved it

On 10/12/2022 at 12:17 AM, jetlord said:

Where are you staying and how long will you be in KC area?  How old are your sons?   Both Joes and Q39 are on the Kansas side or near the state line.  Not a problem if time and transportation aren't an issue.  I'd put Jacks Stack on the same level and they have more scattered locations.  If you're planning Sat. night, better have reservations or prepare for a wait.  Enjoy the Arrowhead experience.  

Yes , when i went to the Denver game about two years ago with my sons, there was a wait everywhere. but there was also college BBall at Sprint Center on Saturday (KU/UMKC) so we went to Jack Stack (Downtown) on Saturday Night, sunday after the game we ended up at Q39. Monday before leaving for the AIrport we hit Haywards which is my favorite of all of them. Wish i could try some of the others if i lived closer because BBQ out here on the East Coast is sadly lacking

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Yes , when i went to the Denver game about two years ago with my sons, there was a wait everywhere. but there was also college BBall at Sprint Center on Saturday (KU/UMKC) so we went to Jack Stack (Downtown) on Saturday Night, sunday after the game we ended up at Q39. Monday before leaving for the AIrport we hit Haywards which is my favorite of all of them. Wish i could try some of the others if i lived closer because BBQ out here on the East Coast is sadly lacking

Haywards is one of the best kept BBQ secrets in KC. I know lots of people that will go no where else.

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Haywards is one of the best kept BBQ secrets in KC. I know lots of people that will go no where else.

I have heard of Haywards but never had the chance to partake. I am trying to plan a trip to KC not for a game sadly they have priced me out of going to games anymore. Its not that I can't afford I choose not to. But in Kc its just the atmosphere that I love. Anyway plan on making a tour of all the old BBQ places. 

17 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I have heard of Haywards but never had the chance to partake. I am trying to plan a trip to KC not for a game sadly they have priced me out of going to games anymore. Its not that I can't afford I choose not to. But in Kc its just the atmosphere that I love. Anyway plan on making a tour of all the old BBQ places. 

100% in that same boat brother

15 hours ago, xen said:

Go fucking argue with OTs friend, he's the one that called it gourmet.

I spent years as a working chef but yeah I probably don't know shit.  I'm well aware of what the items are having eaten both many times all over the place. 

Q39 is not your average KC BBQ.  Now go yell at an Auburn fan and get it out of your system.

Ummm...I did.  I replied back to HIM (note:  NOT you) explaining how it wasn't gourmet.  YOU were the one that wanted to start the argument with ME.  That's kind of on you, now isn't it?

And i spent years managing a kitchen, but i guess i don't know shit either.  

Don't get mad at me because I politely explained to that commenter that Q39 isn't as "gourmet" as described and you decided to get massively offended and go off and make snarky comments.  Fact is, when you go to a place and half the people are wearing shirts and sweatpants(yes, my experience going there many times), you aren't getting gourmet food.

Such rage....   I mean dropping an auburn reference towards me like that means something?  Feels like you have some issues to work out...  maybe you should go to a gourmet place like Q39 and get the 13 dollar gourmet bahn mi....since spending 13 dollars on a meal at a BBQ place is so "not your average BBQ".  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

100% in that same boat brother

And it's sad. I used to have season tickets and was on cloud nine. But not sure what the cost is now but $60 to park is insane. I would love to see Mahomes in person but I would rather spend that money on 3 days of deep sea fishing and watch the rest on TV. 

1 minute ago, arthur75 said:

And it's sad. I used to have season tickets and was on cloud nine. But not sure what the cost is now but $60 to park is insane. I would love to see Mahomes in person but I would rather spend that money on 3 days of deep sea fishing and watch the rest on TV. 

our family had season tickets for 40+ years starting at Municipal Stadium,  Pioli and RAC where the end. Ours' were $250 per x's 4x10 (2 preseason games) it became unsustainable with family members moving all over the country.

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

and you won't have some drunken asshole try to start a fight while you are fishing.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

our family had season tickets for 40+ years starting at Municipal Stadium,  Pioli and RAC where the end. Ours' were $250 per x's 4x10 (2 preseason games) it became unsustainable with family members moving all over the country.

same here, my dad had the tix for years and passed them to my brother but when he started having health issues it became too much and he let em go, still try to go to a game when i can get to KC but now that the Chiefs are popular, yeah that prices me out

36 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

and you won't have some drunken asshole try to start a fight while you are fishing.

Well I wouldn't say that. I have alot of friends that are drunken assholes... I always tell them- I'll take you out but whether or not you come back is on you. I also take my wife about 30 miles out and tell her put out or get out. Doesn't fucking work but gotta try.

17 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Was it too "gourmet" for you though?  🙄

Not really. Stuck with the brisket sandwich and a side of baked beans that had burnt ends in it. Getting hungry just thinking about it. 

It was pricey but can't complain about the quality of the food