Chiefs/Bills

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bad matchup for KC at this point in the season.. Brady did torch KC secondary even if it was in prevent mode. Carr had a good game and its Carr. Buff can run it, pass it and really rush the passer. Im surprised KC is only a 3 point dog.

Buff has played much better than KC so far.  It's three points because it's in Arrowhead.  The Chiefs would have lost to the Raiders without the home crowd.  JMHO

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Buff has played much better than KC so far.  It's three points because it's in Arrowhead.  The Chiefs would have lost to the Raiders without the home crowd.  JMHO

I get that so it would be -6 on the road. still Im surprised. 

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I get that so it would be -6 on the road. still Im surprised. 

Yea, Buf stresses the entire defense. If you go man, Allen will just run. If you play zone, he'll pick you apart. If we blitz we gotta get home and not miss. It's nothing new for the chiefs, but it's always a YUGE challenge to beat them. 

Oh yea..Their defense is pretty good too!

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

McDuffie?

The Kansas City Chiefs will get their first-round cornerback back to practice for the first time in weeks after a hamstring injury.

The Kansas City Chiefs are on a roll through five weeks of the regular season with a 4-1 record, a clear hold on the division at present, and a strong performance from a young team through the toughest part of the schedule. However, a secondary that’s shown some real growing pains will get a major boost this week with Trent McDuffie returning to practice.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

McDuffie?

This is the one I am waiting to hear about. I think the Chiefs get throttled this game. The way the secondary is playing and the d-line as well as the WR group looking like a bunch of #2's trying to be a #1. I hope I am wrong but I see Buffalo winning in a blowout. 

1 minute ago, arthur75 said:

This is the one I am waiting to hear about. I think the Chiefs get throttled this game. The way the secondary is playing and the d-line as well as the WR group looking like a bunch of #2's trying to be a #1. I hope I am wrong but I see Buffalo winning in a blowout. 

I have similar reservations just not at that level of negativity. Every team has holes and is a few key injuries away from disaster.  If this game were later in the season I think the young guys would be much better. So come playoff time things could be much different. 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

I have similar reservations just not at that level of negativity. Every team has holes and is a few key injuries away from disaster.  If this game were later in the season I think the young guys would be much better. So come playoff time things could be much different. 

I agree but Kc is so inconsistent right now I just would not bet on them to win. They have monents where they really impress besides the WR core. I am just really disappointed in them. I don't know what I expected I just know I expected alot more from them. I pray they prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot. But I would bet not a single person on this board would put a months salary on the Chiefs to win. 

2 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Could be a blowout, but the Chiefs are resilient and Reid is resourceful.  One thing the Bills don't want is to be up by less than 7 in the fourth quarter and the ball in Mahomes' hand.  The Raiders throttled Kelce (outside the ten) and KC put up 31 so don't give up on the #2s racking up yardage.  Just hope Reid doesn't do deep handoffs and long passes on second/third and long.  Also think Reid has some new stuff to show the Bills at the right time.  Fortson/Pacheco anyone? 

18 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Other than the 2020 super bowl, have the Andy/Mahomes led Chiefs ever been throttled?  I honestly can’t think of a game they were flat our dominated, but I may be forgetting something. 

The Bills look exceptionally good right now and, on paper, are better than the Chiefs. I need to remind myself what others have already alluded to; no matter the outcome, when/if these teams play in the playoffs both teams will be different (hopefully improved with regard to the young guys getting playing experience), so the outcome may serve to determine home-field in the playoffs, but not much more. 

I expect a high scoring affair that ends up being close. 34-31 something like that. I won’t bet against the Chiefs but won’t be shocked at a Chiefs loss this time around.  

39 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Well then I guess we go undefeated the rest of the season? 

The title of the thread is Chiefs/Bills not the "rest of the season". You said you were surprised Chiefs were only a 3 point dog. I mentioned the reason for this would be Mahomes. If you don't understand the Mahomes Affect, pay attention! #13secondsvsthebills

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

The title of the thread is Chiefs/Bills not the "rest of the season". You said you were surprised Chiefs were only a 3 point dog. I mentioned the reason for this would be Mahomes. If you don't understand the Mahomes Affect, pay attention! #13secondsvsthebills

Different season. Different players. 

In the wake of Turk Wharton’s season-ending injury, the Chiefs are turning to Taylor Stallworth to fill the void.

The Kansas City Chiefs turned to a familiar face to fill the unfortunate void created on Sunday with the season-ending injury to defensive lineman Turk Wharton. The good news is that they had trusted pieces already in place from the preseason with the likes of lineman Taylor Stallworth on the practice squad.

Chiefs rise to the occasion when it matters out side of a single game. 2020 super bowl 

no reason to think hey won’t this week. 
the matchup is fine. The bills won’t get after the qb nearly as much as the teams we have faced.

I actually think sf is going to be the game where I would see more of a “blowout” the sf defense looks like 85 bears 

Chiefs CB Trent McDuffie (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

McDuffie went on injured reserve after suffering a hamstring injury in Week 1. His return means the team will open his 21-day window to be activated from injured reserve once transactions are processed. All reports have his recovery going well, giving him a shot at playing in Week 6 against the Bills. Getting the first-round rookie, a starter for the defense in Week 1, back should help the defense in the long run. We don't expect his return to have any ill effects on Josh Allen's production this week.