Chiefs/Bills

Harrison Butker (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.

Butker has been out since suffering the ankle injury in Week 1. The Chiefs initially replaced him with Matt Ammendola, but his stint in Kansas City didn't last long. He was eventually replaced by Matthew Wright, who is 3-of-4 on his field goal attempts this year. Butker, once healthy, will be a strong fantasy option behind one of the league's best offenses. 

52 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

This is the one I am waiting to hear about. I think the Chiefs get throttled this game. The way the secondary is playing and the d-line as well as the WR group looking like a bunch of #2's trying to be a #1. I hope I am wrong but I see Buffalo winning in a blowout. 

Put your money where your mouth is then.

But you should know...

To make room for Stallworth, the Chiefs waived defensive end Benton Whitley, who they had signed off the Los Angeles Rams practice squad. The Chiefs cut defensive tackle Cortez Broughton from the practice squad, but Danny Shelton remains on the practice squad roster. The Chiefs also added running back Wayne Gallman to the practice squad.

In 61 career games with the New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings, the 28-year-old Gallman has accumulated 447 touches for 2,067 yards from scrimmage and 11 total touchdowns. His best season was with the Giants in 2020, when he carried the ball 147 times for 682 yards and six rushing touchdowns, as well as catching 21 passes for 114 yards.

Odell Beckham Jr. Says Rams Made ‘Lowest of Low Offers’

Joseph Salvador - 23m ago
“LA knows where I wanted to be… but they didn’t offer me....ANYthing!” he said on Twitter. “So idk what people want me to do, I def kno my worth and what the offer was isn’t reflective of that. So it’s tough to say that I can come on back even tho I thought I finally found that home !” 

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Odell Beckham Jr. Says Rams Made ‘Lowest of Low Offers’

Joseph Salvador - 23m ago
“LA knows where I wanted to be… but they didn’t offer me....ANYthing!” he said on Twitter. “So idk what people want me to do, I def kno my worth and what the offer was isn’t reflective of that. So it’s tough to say that I can come on back even tho I thought I finally found that home !” 

fukm we cant afford him either .. I'm not real sure why all the man love for this clown 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

fukm we cant afford him either .. I'm not real sure why all the man love for this clown 

If Veach and co decided they want him they can find the money.   My concern is how effective would he be since he isn't coming back till mid nov.  

As far as the game either the bills wins in a blowout or KC wins in a close game  as the bills suck at winning close games.  If the game is within a score going into the 4th KC will win. 

52 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He had some monster seasons with the Giants when he was young, but he's been injured so much. I don't dislike him,  but I don't want the Chiefs to sign him.  Too expensive for the Chiefs, like you said. I'd rather have Reek back.

On the game. The Bills have looked really good, and it wouldn't surprise me if they handled the Chiefs. I don't want it to happen, but there's nothing I can do about it...LOL. I was secretly confident before the Bucs game, not so much in this time. I

will not be participating in the game-day thread , but reserve the right to come back and gloat if things are going our way..LOL!

1 hour ago, xen said:

Put your money where your mouth is then.

But you should know...

Like I said I would bet a Chiefs loss before a win. With that said I never wouild put money against my beloved team. Not one person in here would bet a months salary on a chiefs win.

In addition to McDuffie practicing on Wednesday, kicker Harrison Butker (left ankle) and right guard Trey Smith were also able to get some work in. Like McDuffie, Butker hasn’t played since Week 1. Smith missed the Chiefs’ last game due to an issue with his pectoral muscle.

8 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I doubt too many bet a months salary on a bills win either. 

If you had to pick right now a winner for this game and if you are right you get 10 million dollars. Who are you gonna pick? 

Also would this years Chief team beat last years Chief team?  I think this years Chiefs team could be better than last years but its like something is missing. I feel like the team now have shown flashed of what they could be.  intersted to see how some of you answer these questions. 

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

If you had to pick right now a winner for this game and if you are right you get 10 million dollars. Who are you gonna pick? 

Also would this years Chief team beat last years Chief team?  I think this years Chiefs team could be better than last years but its like something is missing. I feel like the team now have shown flashed of what they could be.  intersted to see how some of you answer these questions. 

Easy, I'd pick the Chiefs.  I didn't have 10 Million before, and if they lost, well, I am right where I was.  If they won, the chiefs made me a millionaire!!!!!!.  This team just seems to be finding out what it has and it's identity after losing Reek.  With that siad, the guy is hurt now, and probably wouldn't be available for this game anyway, so what's the difference.  

1 minute ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Easy, I'd pick the Chiefs.  I didn't have 10 Million before, and if they lost, well, I am right where I was.  If they won, the chiefs made me a millionaire!!!!!!.  This team just seems to be finding out what it has and it's identity after losing Reek.  With that siad, the guy is hurt now, and probably wouldn't be available for this game anyway, so what's the difference.  

he had his foot stepped on you cant equate that injury with IF he was still a Chief good lord! Now Sammy the Pulled Hammy Watkins is a different story he's perpetually hurt.

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Last years vs this years team i think it would depend on when they played.  This point in time last year that team the offense was playing like crap.  They weren't losing games 35 to 31 i think they had a 4 outta 5 game stretch where the most they put up was 20.   It wasn't till about week 13 or 14 where they looked like the Chiefs we were expecting.  Up until that point they looked off for most the year. 

10 mil on the line i can't pick against Mahomes at home as an underdog.   

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he had his foot stepped on you cant equate that injury with IF he was still a Chief good lord! Now Sammy the Pulled Hammy Watkins is a different story he's perpetually hurt.

My point was you never know what would happen in the season, and anyone could get hurt so you have to find a way to win with what you have.  Which is where we are!  I look at this game like the BUCS game, we all thought we were going to get our asses handed to us.  That doesn't mean we won't, but I do not expect a blowout either way

4 hours ago, arthur75 said:

This year's team would beat last years team at this point of the season.  Last year the team was not playing well at this point.  This year's team shows more intensity when things go wrong and except for the Indy fiasco, they have overcome some bad moments.  There's also hope that the defense gets better with the return of McDuffie and the experience of Watson and Williams.  Only downer is the poor play of the OTs and the lack of improvement for the pass rush.  Not worse than last year, not better..  As for Buffalo, they got all their pieces in place and are a better team with the exception that Mahomes can rally from a deficit while Allen has to prove that he can.  

This is the real litmus test for the Chiefs.  The Bills went all in on this year and it shows.  They are a great team and on paper they are a good bit better than us.   If the Chiefs can be blown out this is the team that can do it.  However, we generally show up for these types of games and if Andy has a great game plan coming in then we can beat these guys like any other team.   If we lose I hope we play well and disciplined and its a close game.  Losing close to a really good team isn't the end of the world.  I believe our team will be significantly better come playoff time (barring injuries) and a lose would put a chip on our shoulder.  With all that said I think we find a way to win this game like Mahomes so magically and improbably does.