Chiefs/Bills

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The play calling does no favors. I’m not sure how many times it needs to be said, no defense is defending the run… they get to pin their ears back every play. 

We had 18 rush vs 40 pass attempts. 
I love me mahomes, but we have to find a way to run effectively and not with CEH. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

The play calling does no favors. I’m not sure how many times it needs to be said, no defense is defending the run… they get to pin their ears back every play. 

Yup..very frustrating. There's guys on the chiefs staff that get paid a whole lot of money to see and observe what you said.

Yet Andy just doesn't seem to be as creative and detailed as he used to be.

Jesus man, we were beating teams with AS11 and a Bob Sutton defense!

Why? Cause Reid was coaching his ass off!

Now it just looks like he shows up and tells Pat to go out and make something happen. 

No rhythm, no real identity and they don't seem to ever target a defenses weakness..

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup..very frustrating. There's guys on the chiefs staff that get paid a whole lot of money to see and observe what you said.

Yet Andy just doesn't seem to be as creative and detailed as he used to be.

Jesus man, we were beating teams with AS11 and a Bob Sutton defense!

Why? Cause Reid was coaching his ass off!

Now it just looks like he shows up and tells Pat to go out and make something happen. 

No rhythm, no real identity and they don't seem to ever target a defenses weakness..

Halftime is Burger Time and thats a lot of burgers.

I’m convinced Andy doesn’t like to the run the ball. I doubt he even knows which running backs is in. The ride the hot hand comment is a total joke.

jerrick was hot last week, what happens this week

week before was Pacheco , what happens - he’s forgotten for 2 weeks 

57 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Where was the jet sweep? End around to slow the pursuit off the edge?  What happened to getting a couple of those to Moore like we used to with Hardman?  Wtf happened with this gameplan?  Everything was deep routes with unders, zone stretch plays out of the gun, and a freaking attempted screen to Burton like the 1988 49ers. Offensively I’m just at a loss as to what we were trying to do. 

This i can agree with moon.  Those mid range routes were working.  Its the cute short behind the LOS passes or screens to Burton and Gray and stretch plays to CEH are what is maddening.   I've seen enough of Noah Gray to know he is just a dude.  Would rather get Fortson involved.  Would rather see McKinnon and Pacheco get those stretch runs because CEH can't get anywhere fast enough.  

Mainly the O looks like its humming and then we decide to call some cute screen and put the ball in our least two talented offensive players hands in a huge game.   If we see Burton I would prefer he was running a LB over as a FB.   

I still maintain they know what they should be doing but no one within the org wants to do it because its boring and requires patience.   Its line up in the I or traditional running sets like we did vs the Bucs and let our OLineman do what they are built to do.  Run it down their throats and play action off of it.   It works and its deadly but we seem to want to run just to say we ran x amount of runs instead of making it part of our identity.  Not sure how many missed SB's its going to take before Mahomes realizes he can still easily get 300 plus and 3-4 TD by running an offense like that but until he forces Andy we will see flashes of briliance followed by series that we look ridiculously idiotic.  

All that said.  I've never been less worried after a loss.  This game proved we are ahead of schedule this year and if it keeps trending this way we are going to be juggernaut come playoffs.  

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Karl is what a lot of us said before the draft.  He has zero bend and if he can’t bull rush his way to the QB then he is irrelevent.

I love the kids motor but he just runs around the edge so far out of the play that it doesn't matter or gets stone walled rushing the passer.   Leo Chenal  looks lost out there as well.  Reminds me of Dee Ford that first year.  He literally has no idea where to be and it renders his athleticism meaningless.  Both are rookies so there is time but they aren't making any sort of an impact like many of us had hoped.   

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

When they gave Wylie help, Miller would just spin away from the help and beat Wylie the other direction. Trey Smith had a bad game as well

If you watch that last play Wylie actually had him pinned until Trey Smith pushed him right past Wylie.  I'm sure its the injuries but Trey Smith hasn't taken any step forward this year in his play.  Again probably because of the injuries but its not been great.  

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Crazy because our Oline are better run blockers but we don't let them do that and if we do call run plays its RPO which means they can't be aggressive and push defenders back.  Brown might not have been amazing today but almost all of the pressure was coming from Wylies side today.  They smelled blood in the water and went after him and our O adjusted...nope....keep running the same thing over and over.   

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I love the kids motor but he just runs around the edge so far out of the play that it doesn't matter or gets stone walled rushing the passer.   Leo Chenal  looks lost out there as well.  Reminds me of Dee Ford that first year.  He literally has no idea where to be and it renders his athleticism meaningless.  Both are rookies so there is time but they aren't making any sort of an impact like many of us had hoped.   

Karl will get better.  Pass rushing isn’t something many rookies do well, even highly drafted ones.  There’s definitely a learning curve, and I’m ok with that.  The failure of this team is that it’s relying on a rookie to do what very few rookies do well.  Frank Clark is an albatross and Dunlap is what he is, which would be great if we had a couple of capable pass rushers. 

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

If you watch that last play Wylie actually had him pinned until Trey Smith pushed him right past Wylie.  I'm sure its the injuries but Trey Smith hasn't taken any step forward this year in his play.  Again probably because of the injuries but its not been great.  

Smith was bad today.  It probably is injury related tho.  He’s got enough of a track record in this offense that I’m not concerned. 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m convinced Andy doesn’t like to the run the ball. I doubt he even knows which running backs is in. The ride the hot hand comment is a total joke.

jerrick was hot last week, what happens this week

week before was Pacheco , what happens - he’s forgotten for 2 weeks 

Just ONE week I'd like to see Reid get Pacheco 20-25 touches. Old school behind a fullback in the I,  2 TE sets. Maybe some sweeps. I daydream about how much more effective Mahomes would be if the D had to legitimately worry about a run game. The problem is Mahomes is too damn good for Andy's offense. They have the mindset that whatever breaks down Mahomes will freelance and get a 1st down and a TD. People talk about Andy's great offensive mind but half of our big plays are complete breakdowns where the original play call didn't even matter. Just Mahomes scrambling and receivers ad libbing. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Crazy because our Oline are better run blockers but we don't let them do that and if we do call run plays its RPO which means they can't be aggressive and push defenders back.  Brown might not have been amazing today but almost all of the pressure was coming from Wylies side today.  They smelled blood in the water and went after him and our O adjusted...nope....keep running the same thing over and over.   

I hate the rpo.  You can’t fire off as a blocker on the rpo because if he doesn’t hand it off, you end up with ineligible downfield penalties.   I think we have the ability to run solid trap and dive plays, pulling linemen and letting them maul, but that doesn’t work either if it’s CEH running bc he’s slow and hesitant.  

9 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I hate the rpo.  You can’t fire off as a blocker on the rpo because if he doesn’t hand it off, you end up with ineligible downfield penalties.   I think we have the ability to run solid trap and dive plays, pulling linemen and letting them maul, but that doesn’t work either if it’s CEH running bc he’s slow and hesitant.  

Yah but EB is telling them to be patient. Lol. Fuck me. 

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Just ONE week I'd like to see Reid get Pacheco 20-25 touches. Old school behind a fullback in the I,  2 TE sets. Maybe some sweeps. I daydream about how much more effective Mahomes would be if the D had to legitimately worry about a run game. The problem is Mahomes is too damn good for Andy's offense. They have the mindset that whatever breaks down Mahomes will freelance and get a 1st down and a TD. People talk about Andy's great offensive mind but half of our big plays are complete breakdowns where the original play call didn't even matter. Just Mahomes scrambling and receivers ad libbing. 

I’d be thrilled to get him 10-12 touches. Mahomes would be unstoppable in a true power play action offense.  

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

I don’t think Willie is the best option right now. Kinnard and Christian are both better options. Hell even Prince would be better. 
and I know Niang is better for next year. But that is trusting a guy that hasn’t stayed healthy

what evidence you have of that? he checked out of one year and has been terminally broke more than not....pass

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Kyle shannahans run game with mahomes and  Andy’s pass offense blended together…. 

After re-watching 

1. The bills were balanced on offense. Ran the ball when the defense gave it to them. 

2. The chiefs gave up on the run. You can’t ask pat to be a Miracle worker all the time. 
3. Tony Romo was basically begging kc to run it with all the 2 High safeties

4. Dj came on the radio and said the same thing today. Chiefs need to run the ball a little more and then they can dictate whatever they want. It’s not just Dj and romo calling for the run. 

5. The young corners are going to be better in the long run. They have Faced some serious competition.

6. Willie Gay is important 

7. The chiefs had a poor 4th qtr. they had the ball with 7 minutes to go and went 3 and out. That was the key.

8. Chiefs lost by 4 and played like shit lol… had the ball with a chance to win…

Atlanta ran the ball down The Niners throats… you know what that means 

I have to admit I was wrong on this one. I thought KC would get blown out. I will say this, KC is a pass rush and a true #1 WR away from being the best team they have ever fielded. The playcalling yesterday was a little sus, but I feel yhe defense played very well considering Allen had all day to throw. It seems the only time they got any pressure was with blits packages. The front four is garbage. Outside of Jones the rest our 2nd stringers tops. And to be honest the WR are looking a little better but still I do not see a true #1. 

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

11 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Reid is a great coach and leader. Reid may design some great plays but genius not so much. Without Mahomes the KC team is a 500 team .. Mahomes makes Reid like Brady made Belicheat.

You could say that about most coaches though.   Take away a HOF level QB and the rest of the team goes down a few notches.  I wouldn't say Mahomes made Reid as he was considered a  great offensive mind before Mahomes ever came on the scene.  Andy has a SB because of Mahomes though and has achieved this level of success because of him but I'm not sure of any coach that is going to 4 straight AFCCGs without a HOF level QB.  

I do agree about great coach and leader but i would also add influencer.  I was listening to a pre game on the radio before the Monday night game.  They were interviewing Mcdaniels and he was talking about how they have stolen some of the goaline stuff that they do and how detail orientated you have to be run some of that stuff.  Have seen some of it  show up in other games.   

With Gay, we win this game.  My concern is not with the gameplan or the pass rush or choice of rushers.  My biggest question is why they didn't throw to CEH and McKinnon.  They never did that.  Never that I recall.  Why??  My other observation is that the O-line simply came up against a D-line that is the best in the NFL right now.  Those defenders at all levels are simply very, very (OK, very) good.  Karlaftis if fine.  He is a rookie and learning the moves.   Face it, everyone.  Buffalo is a great team and simply played better, and we were missing Gay and half of our secondary.  It's not the end of the world.  Everyone in football and most of us here predicted this. I thought it would be worse.  They smashed us in the mouth and were intent to do so because of last year's playoff game.