Chiefs/Bills

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

After re-watching 

1. The bills were balanced on offense. Ran the ball when the defense gave it to them. 

2. The chiefs gave up on the run. You can’t ask pat to be a Miracle worker all the time. 
3. Tony Romo was basically begging kc to run it with all the 2 High safeties

4. Dj came on the radio and said the same thing today. Chiefs need to run the ball a little more and then they can dictate whatever they want. It’s not just Dj and romo calling for the run. 

5. The young corners are going to be better in the long run. They have Faced some serious competition.

6. Willie Gay is important 

7. The chiefs had a poor 4th qtr. they had the ball with 7 minutes to go and went 3 and out. That was the key.

8. Chiefs lost by 4 and played like shit lol… had the ball with a chance to win…

Atlanta ran the ball down The Niners throats… you know what that means 

That well throw the ball 50 times ?

When I’m sitting at home yelling at the tv saying “Andy!!!!  Run Pacheco!!!!!”  You know there is something wrong with the play calling.  I didn’t hear the post game pressers but I’m sure Reid will say or said “I’ve got to do better”. It’s infuriating that they can’t get it all together.  

however, they can still peak late and take it all. I saw a Facebook post a few days ago about how the chiefs were going to miss the playoffs. That post of mine was in 2019.  Well they ended up winning it all.  Hopeful for andy et al to get it together like most years.  All in all the played hard and barely lost against the only other great team in the nfl in a revenge game. This team is good and our criticisms while appropriate for fans like us are really nit picking. (Except ceh and the run game, imo). Like most have said a solid run game and a solid pass rush (without blitzing) are what we need to get over the top this year. I think wr’s are fine. Not great but fine. 

play Pacheco and promote some young DL and let’s take this. 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

5. The young corners are going to be better in the long run. They have Faced some serious competition.

Watch that Diggs TD. This is one of the best WR in the league. Joshua Williams is stride for stride with him. If you'll look at replay he actually had his hand up and dropped it while in stride. I'll take this kid over Fenton right now. 

Let me start by saying if you make a 10 yard catch you don't need to say or do anything get back to the huddle. But watch this. One referee, who is right there listening,  is fine with just separating the player and sending him back to the field. The other ref runs down the sideline to throw the flag.

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Let me start by saying if you make a 10 yard catch you don't need to say or do anything get back to the huddle. But watch this. One referee, who is right there listening,  is fine with just separating the player and sending him back to the field. The other ref runs down the sideline to throw the flag.

Refs are way too inconsistent.  I’d mind as much if they call shit calls on both teams though.  Or missed calls.  Again lots of holding on the bills o line never called.  Seems other teams can hold all day but the chiefs will get hit with shit pi calls or even shit taunting calls. Makes the game not fun to watch.  

I just wish the DB's would learn to watch the WR when his head turns your should turn as well. I wonder when the quit teaching this. Hard to defend the pass when you do not see it.  I know they are taught to watch their eyes and get their hands up. I think this is the stupidist thing I ever heard. I am sure they know more than me but that does not make any sense. I was always taught to whip that head around and become a WR and go get the ball. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Thoughts from the game:

1. The D balled out. Bills were averaging over 30 per game. We held them to 24 with McDuffy, Cook, Fenton and Gay out. That is a pretty big accomplishment.

2. Fair point that we probably should have ran more. I would say that the weakness of Buffalo's D is its secondary, but it felt to me like we struggled with protection.

3. Good game and gives me confidence that our D can get it done against the Bills. 

4. OTs will be a hard thing for the O to overcome all season.

Gotta give a shoutout to Townsend... man he was crushing it yesterday.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Watch that Diggs TD. This is one of the best WR in the league. Joshua Williams is stride for stride with him. If you'll look at replay he actually had his hand up and dropped it while in stride. I'll take this kid over Fenton right now. 

I felt the same way about the 2nd Adam’s touchdown. They were in great position 

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

what evidence you have of that? he checked out of one year and has been terminally broke more than not....pass

When he did play he was solid and showed a lot of potential. Unfortunately like you said and I stated, it’s hard to trust a guy who can’t stay healthy

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why isn't Fortson given any targets?

Why are the run plays deep handoffs that often lose yards?

Would Prince be better than Wylie?

Why (quoting Bil) don't we pass to our RBs?

Why isn't Chenal given some reps on the line?

Do the Chiefs need Bell back?

Absolutely.  Especially (as you say, this has been bothering me) why did they not throw to the backs? In the previous game, CEH did not realize he was going to be actually targeted, so the ball hit him in the back of the head. If he were targeted more often, he might be ready for it. He has great hands. Yes. CEH and all the runners would do a lot better on a shallow hand off. As far as the Bell comment, does a mouse like cheese?

7 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Spags has done a fantastic job pasting this defense together and game planning based on what he has to work with. Kids getting experience is a very good thing.

Do you think Spags has any say so over draft picks? If so, do you think it was him who wanted Karloftis??