Chiefs/Bills

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

Do you think Spags has any say so over draft picks? If so, do you think it was him who wanted Karloftis??

I suppose he has input. Most teams have a board and see who is still available at that pick. All in all Im sure Spags was involved in all the D picks. does he have the final say? Unknown.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I suppose he has input. Most teams have a board and see who is still available at that pick. All in all Im sure Spags was involved in all the D picks. does he have the final say? Unknown.

I'm aware how it all works and I should've been more specific with my question...I was wondering if he had the final say so..

47 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Karloftis is going to be great.  One rather invisible game in his rookie year trying to push through Buffalo tackles means nothing.  Just good experience. Anyway, we needed DE's, and he was the best left on the board.  Maybe if we had lost 12 or 13 games last year, we could have grabbed the best one.

8 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Watch that Diggs TD. This is one of the best WR in the league. Joshua Williams is stride for stride with him. If you'll look at replay he actually had his hand up and dropped it while in stride. I'll take this kid over Fenton right now. 

I thought the same thing.  Its frustrating when they get beat but they are right there against one of the best in the L.   This experience if utilized correctly will only benefit his development.

15 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Karloftis is going to be great.  One rather invisible game in his rookie year trying to push through Buffalo tackles means nothing.  Just good experience. Anyway, we needed DE's, and he was the best left on the board.  Maybe if we had lost 12 or 13 games last year, we could have grabbed the best one.

I hope you are right.  He seems like a high motor player who just doesn't have the bend to exploit tackles quick enough to make an impact.   I know he is a rookie so there is still tons of time left for him to develop.  We hoping for an occasional wow play during this process.  Regardless, we need a legit stud at DE at the trade deadline or during the offseason.  

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yea...I agree with Dirts. IDK if Karloftis will be great. Will he?? So far I haven't seen much to convince me, but yes I know he is a rookie so I'll just have to wait and see. But having a motor doesn't really relate to sacks...unless you have a secondary that can force the qb to hold the ball longer. Maybe that was the thought process when he was drafted.

By the way, I feel like there were a few pretty good DE's left on the board when we drafted him.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea...I agree with Dirts. IDK if Karloftis will be great. Will he?? So far I haven't seen much to convince me, but yes I know he is a rookie so I'll just have to wait and see. But having a motor doesn't really relate to sacks...unless you have a secondary that can force the qb to hold the ball longer. Maybe that was the thought process when he was drafted.

By the way, I feel like there were a few pretty good DE's left on the board when we drafted him.

Who and how are they doing? 

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Who and how are they doing? 

I don't remember the names off the top, and I haven't heard anything about them either. However, I didn't see anything on Karloftis' college tape that screamed 1st rd pick. No bend, no hand technique and no agility, ie spin moves etc. 

A motor aint shit to me but a dude that runs around at 100 mph and doesn't quit till the whistle. That's good for a LB, but not for DE imo. 

BUT, I'll reserve judgement since he's a rookie. After all, Tamba had a motor coming out and was able to ADD to that later on.

34 minutes ago, artsy said:

I don't remember the names off the top, and I haven't heard anything about them either. However, I didn't see anything on Karloftis' college tape that screamed 1st rd pick. No bend, no hand technique and no agility, ie spin moves etc. 

A motor aint shit to me but a dude that runs around at 100 mph and doesn't quit till the whistle. That's good for a LB, but not for DE imo. 

BUT, I'll reserve judgement since he's a rookie. After all, Tamba had a motor coming out and was able to ADD to that later on.

He was never a speed rusher. He's a pressure guy, and yes, he is new to American football and just starting to learn. Pressure rushers don't need that much bend.  They need to be strong and relentless. They knew all this when he was drafted, expecting to use Dunlap on that side during Karlaftis' first year, whenever a speed rush was needed.  The fact that he is starting as a rookie indicates that the coaches feel he has a high ceiling. His floor is already average, maybe better.  He is just learning how to use his feet and hands against NFL competition. His strength is very impressive. He is extremely intelligent and by all accounts is picking things up fast and has a passion to learn and improve. To have questions about him being lousy at this point is ridiculous. In a year, we will know. 

4 hours ago, artsy said:

Do you think Spags has any say so over draft picks? If so, do you think it was him who wanted Karloftis??

Since Karloftis is a Spags type, I'd guess he pushed for him.  Before we start getting down on that pick, let's give it some time.  Too many players are judged by fans before they learn to play at the top level..  DJ is a prime example but there are many others.  Same for Williams.  He got burned twice yesterday, but showed he can keep up and just needs to learn finishing.  From his lack of experience and his small school background, he didn't really have a chance to compete against Davis or Diggs.  Let's give the new guys some time before jumping on their cases. 

47 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

And a side of circus peanuts. Or maybe a small bowl of candy corn. I always like folding in the melted harshmellows with the rice crispies and a nice shot of insulin.

Is there anyone who likes candy corn or circus peanuts?