Forced stubbornness?

Do our coaches suffer from this time to time?

i look at last year with Neimann and the years of Sorensen. 
and are we seeing this year with Wylie and CEH?

Neimann should have never been playing over Gay or Harris, but was. Sorensen should have been replaced years earlier. He should have never been a starter at least. He was a core special teams type guy. 

this year McKinnon and Pacheco bring so much more juice and make us more dangerous in the backfield. Yet CEH gets a majority of the carriers and snaps. 
Wylie is a quality swing backup who can fill in a game or two and be solid. But has too many holes in his game and gets explored regularly now. Christian has proven to be more solid in this league especially at pass pro. Prince Tega-Wanogah is a young developing guy that should probably start getting a look over Wylie. To at least see what we have in him. And I personally would like to see us go with Kinnard and see if he can be the future at RT. The guy earned a lot of accolades playing in the SEC for multiple years. 

Wylie and CEH have proven to not be the answers, let’s see what else we have. And Hell, if none of them pan out we can go back to these two very average players. 

I would throw Nnadi in this group as well. A very average to below average guy that continues to get the benefit of the doubt. As a run stuffer he gets pushed around a lot. Sanders should definitely be starting over him.  And Shelton should probably be elevated over him too. With Stallworth as the 4th guy. 

48 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Do our coaches suffer from this time to time?

i look at last year with Neimann and the years of Sorensen. 
and are we seeing this year with Wylie and CEH?

Neimann should have never been playing over Gay or Harris, but was. Sorensen should have been replaced years earlier. He should have never been a starter at least. He was a core special teams type guy. 

this year McKinnon and Pacheco bring so much more juice and make us more dangerous in the backfield. Yet CEH gets a majority of the carriers and snaps. 
Wylie is a quality swing backup who can fill in a game or two and be solid. But has too many holes in his game and gets explored regularly now. Christian has proven to be more solid in this league especially at pass pro. Prince Tega-Wanogah is a young developing guy that should probably start getting a look over Wylie. To at least see what we have in him. And I personally would like to see us go with Kinnard and see if he can be the future at RT. The guy earned a lot of accolades playing in the SEC for multiple years. 

Wylie and CEH have proven to not be the answers, let’s see what else we have. And Hell, if none of them pan out we can go back to these two very average players. 

Yep. Yep yep

and the predictable play calling 

I agree bro!  I know the coaches know more than we do but when you see Harris playing like he is playing you really have to wonder what are they thinking some times.   I think Spags values intelligent players who know where to be at all times, the problem with that is knowing where to be and actually being able to be there are two different things.   

14 hours ago, Calichief said:

if kc put the same effort into the run game as the pass game they’d never lose 

They’d have to figure out the personnel.  CEH to me is a lesser version of Greg Hill.  If CEH is going to be the primary ball carrier, I don’t think effort or focus is going to make the ground game great.  Clyde will break off an 8 yard run (a home run for him) then follow it up with 18 yards on his next 9 carries. This is year 3 for him, he’s produced jack shit, and we still keep trotting him out there.   

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

They’d have to figure out the personnel.  CEH to me is a lesser version of Greg Hill.  

WOW you really dont like him do you? That was brutal and they where drafted both at the end of the first round but on the flip side Hill did play WITH  Marcus Allen and it's hard to do much platooning with a HOFr for your first 3 years and playing for Marty so hard to compare them in that light. He ran for approx 2500 yrds in his 4 years in KC. so in that light you are giving some credit to Hill but Hill wasn't catching passes out of the back field either. I wanted to give CEH  the benefit of the doubt and I think his longevity being a starter here has much to do with being Patrick's pick as anything else..

I do wish we'd see  RoJo take over for someone but it shouldn't be McKinnon and it wont be CEH.

On 10/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, Calichief said:

if kc put the same effort into the run game as the pass game they’d never lose 

If we did that people would be on here bitching about trickery and not just lining up and running it down their throats.  Plus we have all kinds of these cute ass run plays.  They just don't work that well 😄

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Lead between Thuney and Creed for 5. Lead between Creed and Smith for 5 yards. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Play action to Moore. TD. In today's NFL this would be innovative. Everybody has loaded up on EDGE and DBs vs. Mahomes. 

image.png.4c2f15c4f4cc66066ac968dddfcf5509.png

Why mess around with the play action if you can just run it 5 yards every time?  Trade Mahomes for a bunch of picks and have Henne hand it off.  We will be invincible.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Eric Bieniemy on identity of Chiefs run game: ‘We’re still looking for it’

Kansas City’s offensive coordinator knows the rushing attack can do more than it has this season.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/10/21/23414931/chiefs-eric-bieniemy-run-game-identity-clyde-edwards-helaire-jerick-mckinnon

Really? This guy should be looking for a coaching job at the local high school. Former NFL RB and how many years with this team and with CEH? 

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Really? This guy should be looking for a coaching job at the local high school. Former NFL RB and how many years with this team and with CEH? 

Probably the OC for an NFL team that leads the league in scoring and first downs and is 6th in yards is probably capable of at least high school.  

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Probably the OC for an NFL team that leads the league in scoring and first downs and is 6th in yards is probably capable of at least high school.  

Point is hasnt figured out the run game yet. Bottom line MAHOMES. You have Mahomes stats are almost guaranteed. Cant complain about the run game without looking at EB. 

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Eric Bieniemy on identity of Chiefs run game: ‘We’re still looking for it’

Kansas City’s offensive coordinator knows the rushing attack can do more than it has this season.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/10/21/23414931/chiefs-eric-bieniemy-run-game-identity-clyde-edwards-helaire-jerick-mckinnon

You actually have to try more than once in while. Maybe under center. Maybe go with a guy. There’s a thought 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Big games like what?  The Super Bowl?  The AFCCG?  Or big games like regular season week 5?

Going forward we have been discussing the need to run the ball. See last years AFC loss for a past reminder.

No doubt YOU HAVE A STAT FOR EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE. Bless your heart. LOL

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You probably forgot but we won the prior 2. 

So what. That was then. Lost the last AFC Champ Game because EB does not have the running game identity figured out. I think it was STUPID for him to  state that even if that is the truth. There is a reason nobody has hired that guy. 

I would say that not running the ball also cost KC the Buff loss as well. Had the ball with a chance to work the clock. PUNTED and LOST. Could cost home field advantage. So there is that.  

Do you keep Clark because back in the day he had a key plays during the superbowl season? 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So what. That was then. Lost the last AFC Champ Game because EB does not have the running game identity figured out. I think it was STUPID for him to  state that even if that is the truth. There is a reason nobody has hired that guy. 

I would say that not running the ball also cost KC the Buff loss as well. Had the ball with a chance to work the clock. PUNTED and LOST. Could cost home field advantage. So there is that.  

We rushed for 140 yards in that game and a lot more than the bengals.  And we lost. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

We rushed for 140 yards in that game and a lot more than the bengals.  And we lost. 

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Lost because scored nothing to speak of in the second half.  Complete choke. Was EB not part of that? If you love EB good for you. 

Again YOU HAVE A STAT FOR THAT>LOL