Titans getting new Stadium

oldtimer

Dont get me wrong I love Arrowhead and maybe there are discussions about getting a new one it's just hard to fathom  everything KC is missing out on as is.

The Titans and the City of Nashville have agreed to terms for new lease and new stadium, per Tennessee Titans.
The 1.7-million-square-foot stadium will have a dome, making it possible to host a Super Bowl and other major events.

13 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I goofed, I see I left out a word.  poor typing skills.  I was trying to ask, Where would a new stadium be built?

up by the race track in the Dot has seemed to be the logical spot for as long as I can remember it being a topic.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Where Kaufman is

that might happen IF the K got moved to downtown but for now that ship has sailed.. I think.

IIRC  810AM radio and that zit with ears Kevin Kietzman really lobbied hard because they had interest in a sports bar called 810 Sportzone or some such that'd profit greatly from a downtown stadium.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

that might happen IF the K got moved to downtown but for now that ship has sailed.. I think.

IIRC  810AM radio and that zit with ears Kevin Kietzman really lobbied hard because they had interest in a sports bar called 810 Sportzone or some such that'd profit greatly from a downtown stadium.

No I'm advocating for just kicking the royals out and razing the stadium.  Fuck em.  

figure-it-out-letterkenny.gif

24 minutes ago, xen said:

No I'm advocating for just kicking the royals out and razing the stadium.  Fuck em.  

figure-it-out-letterkenny.gif

I'm no baseball fan. I have not watched a complete game nor set foot in the K or any other baseball stadium since the strike of 95 so yea I agree.

if the royals can somehow swing a new downtown stadium logically they would tear down the K and build new Arrowhead on its remains, then after that's done they would tear down old Arrowhead and build hotels, bars, etc...anything to get people to want to be around the stadium or allow the stadium to host other events.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 7:40 AM, oldtimer said:

That ship has definitely not sailed. It's one of John Shermans primary goals for this team. There's different sites still being discussed and it's still in the "discussion" phase, but it sounds like the feeling people get is that he'd like to have the team in a downtown ballpark in time for the 2026 season. If the Chiefs rebuilt as well, I think the most logical spot would be where Kauffman is now. 

Obviously no tax measures have been introduced or voted on, and it's a lot of speculation at this point. But the consensus seems to be that the downtown stadium is a matter of "when" not "if" in the Royals case. And that the city would prefer to keep Arrowhead on the Missouri side.

So they could build a big ass dome on the site where Kauffman is/was, and amenities and entertainment around it. Like they planned to do originally with the sports complex. 

• 3 weeks later...