Kelce Contract Restructured and Potential Trades?

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

How many RB's have we bought in the last few years not named Williams that have not done crap for us?

You actually have to commit to the run,  not rpo , not shotgun delays, to get actual contributions.. or maybe commit to a guy versus 3 rb’s who get 1-6 touches a game … 

Burns is going to cost us a minimum of two firsts at the place were we draft so I can't imagine us doing that.  For Spags D to shine he needs pass rushers who can get after the qb.  I would personally offer our 2nd 2023 and 1st 2024 but doubt that gets anything done as they will want to find a qb this year.    

A wr doesn't make a lot of sense because of the complexity of our O.

A rb, even one like CMC, doesn't move the needle enough because Mahomes isn't going to utilize him when plays break down because he has rb's open now and doesn't dump it down.  

If we are going to make an addition to this team it has to be a pass rushing DT or DE first and then a distant 2nd a wr.  

Ogunjobi would be a nice get.  He should be an immediate starter and a pairing with Jones would be problem for offenses.  

Read somewhere that the money freed up will probably be used to bring players up from the practice squad so we might all be getting our hopes up for nothing. 

Final thought, as good as our D played yesterday I'm not sure that we should bank on the D playing that good again if we see Buffalo in January.  Even with Mcduffie and Gay back.  It is a very real possibility we threw some things at Buffalo that worked the first time but won't work again.   Adding a legit pass rusher is the top priority and helps solidify the teams ability to slow down top offenses moving forward.

Any upgrade to the WR DE RB etc is welcomed. I just do not see us winning the SB without upgraded one if not 2 of those positions. Pass rush first in my opinion but i do not see anyone out there that they can get. Wr is second in my opinion b ut again not seeing a #1 out there they can get. I think by picking up Mcaffrey and using him the right way gives us another game changer on the offense. Andy Reid wouild use him the same way he used Westbrook back in the day. You can't possibly believe he would not help this offense alot. Who in our backfield now scares anyone? I will wait. You sign him they have to respect the run and the pass outof the backfield. it makes us pretty hard to defend.

1 minute ago, arthur75 said:

Any upgrade to the WR DE RB etc is welcomed. I just do not see us winning the SB without upgraded one if not 2 of those positions. Pass rush first in my opinion but i do not see anyone out there that they can get. Wr is second in my opinion b ut again not seeing a #1 out there they can get. I think by picking up Mcaffrey and using him the right way gives us another game changer on the offense. Andy Reid wouild use him the same way he used Westbrook back in the day. You can't possibly believe he would not help this offense alot. Who in our backfield now scares anyone? I will wait. You sign him they have to respect the run and the pass outof the backfield. it makes us pretty hard to defend.

Good points. I dont think Andy Reid is ever going to commit to running the ball. He is not going to do it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chiefs-just-made-an-under-the-radar-move-to-get-odell-beckham-jr/ar-AA136CiV?cvid=820f92ab7cdc4430b8e80e67abd29e78

Chiefs Just Made an Under-the-Radar Move to Get Odell Beckham Jr.

NFL teams tweak players’ contracts all the time to move money around and free up salary cap space. Usually, it’s not big news. However, ahead of the Kansas City Chiefs Week 7 game against the San Francisco 49ers, the Chiefs restricted superstar tight end Travis Kelce’s deal to free up $3.455 million in cap space. That’s not all that much money in the grand scheme of things, but it is enough to get Odell Beckham Jr. to Arrowhead.

Is the Travis Kelce contract restructuring for OBJ?

Odell Beckham Jr., a three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion wide receiver, hasn’t played in the NFL since his knee injury in last season’s Big Game on February 13, 2002. As the 2022 NFL season unfolds and Beckham’s return nears, the WR is the premier free agent available on the market and could help nearly any team in the league. There has already been plenty of rumored interest from Super Bowl contenders and premier franchises like the Los Angeles Rams, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, and the Chiefs.

Why the Chiefs need Odell Beckham Jr. The Chiefs Week 6 loss at home to the Bills was a big deal. It gives Buffalo a leg up in the race for AFC home-field advantage, but more importantly, it showed some of the flaws on Kansas City’s roster.Most glaringly, without Tyreek Hill, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs don’t have the reliability and firepower at the WR position they’ve had in the past.In Week 6, Stefon Diggs and Gabriel Davis combined for 13 catches, 222 yards, and two touchdowns. On the Chiefs side, JuJu Smith-Schuster has an excellent game with five receptions for 113 yards and a TD. However, the rest of Mahomes’ WR group — Mecole Hardman, Skyy Moore, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Justin Watson — combined for four catches and 66 yards. Odell Beckham Jr. doesn’t have the field-stretching speed that Hill did. But he is one of the most complete receivers in the NFL when healthy. He can line up inside or outside and run underneath routes or take the top off a defense going deep. OBJ is also particularly adept in the red zone. He has 56 career touchdowns and put up five in the regular season and two in the playoffs in half a season with the Rams.

Beckham would quickly become Mahomes’ 1A or 1B target alongside Smith-Shuster and let all those other WRs, who’ve been quiet, operate in more space.

Just like last season with the Rams, a midseason OBJ acquisition could lead to a Super Bowl, and the Chiefs just took the first step toward that by freeing up that Travis Kelce money.

image.png

Odell Beckham Jr. Signing With Bills, Promises Von Miller: 'He's Coming to' Buffalo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/odell-beckham-jr-signing-with-bills-promises-von-miller-he-s-coming-to-buffalo/ar-AA136Qpx?cvid=29b32e8e65324e60ae2cf09e4f7e5368

Von is doubling down.

“He’s coming here, man,” Von Miller said again on Sunday, speaking of his buddy Odell Beckham Jr. “He’s coming to the Bills.”

Miller's most recent statement, this time uttered via USAToday, is not "new.'' But it should deliver "renewed'' optimism about the recruiter Miller bringing his Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl teammate to town, especially in light of OBJ's recent remarks indicating unhappiness with the Rams' inaction as it relates to a contract offer.

If KC signs OBJ I think it does not make a huge difference. Will it help? Yes but not a BIG GAME CHANGER. Why? Even with Hill KC still did not run the ball and had no pass rush. Result? Lose THE BIG GAMES.   KC was a bit lucky to beat Buff in that playoff game and lost in the AFC Champ game. Why? Did not run the ball and did not coral Burrow. Burrow was sacked 9 times the game before. So OBJ does not get KC over that hump.

Chiefs and any other decent team, see Cinn , can get hot and win it all. Tampa the year before. 

Be interesting to see why they made this move, it assuredly wasn’t to make room for practice squad guys like one of the reports said.

anything that isn’t help at WR or pass rush is a waste of cap space.

lets hope for some dream scenario where orlando brown leaves in a trade instead of extra draft picks

28 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Be interesting to see why they made this move, it assuredly wasn’t to make room for practice squad guys like one of the reports said.

anything that isn’t help at WR or pass rush is a waste of cap space.

lets hope for some dream scenario where orlando brown leaves in a trade instead of extra draft picks

They'll make a trade, but it will be more like the Ingram trade last year. They could go get Robert Quinn, but what is the likelihood that he changes our defense dramatically? We need more pass rush, but our defensive line sucks in general.

Opposing RBs slice through our d line like hot butter. And they run right into the teeth of the defense too. So yeah, getting an edge may help. It may make a difference in the playoffs. But the fundamental problem isn't going to be fixed with trade deadline acquisition for a mid rounder.

The issue is our dline fuckin blows. We have a stud DT and a bunch of nobodies rotating through at all other spots. Karlaftis has a good motor, but the kid was never gonna be a game changer out of the gate. 

Veach said he was gonna address it this offseason. He didn't. They went heavy on DBs instead.  I can nearly guarantee that won't happen again.

We host the draft next spring. We have 12 picks. I expect the Chiefs to make a significant trade up in rd 1 for an impact pass rusher . That's where real long term solutions will come from. But make no mistake. Just 1 addition isn't fixing this. They need another stud inside too. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They'll make a trade, but it will be more like the Ingram trade last year. They could go get Robert Quinn, but what is the likelihood that he changes our defense dramatically? We need more pass rush, but our defensive line sucks in general.

Opposing RBs slice through our d line like hot butter. And they run right into the teeth of the defense too. So yeah, getting an edge may help. It may make a difference in the playoffs. But the fundamental problem isn't going to be fixed with trade deadline acquisition for a mid rounder.

The issue is our dline fuckin blows. We have a stud DT and a bunch of nobodies rotating through at all other spots. Karlaftis has a good motor, but the kid was never gonna be a game changer out of the gate. 

Veach said he was gonna address it this offseason. He didn't. They went heavy on DBs instead.  I can nearly guarantee that won't happen again.

We host the draft next spring. We have 12 picks. I expect the Chiefs to make a significant trade up in rd 1 for an impact pass rusher . That's where real long term solutions will come from. But make no mistake. Just 1 addition isn't fixing this. They need another stud inside too. 

Agree: The defense has kept KC in all games. Yes it has issues but that was expected. Its the offense that is not performing in the clutch for two games. Fixable? Yes. So any player KC can ad with a low round pick to me is a good move. Offense or defense.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

True, but 1 strip sack in the playoffs could make all the difference, just to play devils advocate.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/10/19/23410651/chiefs-panthers-trade-brian-burns-5-reasons-why

5 reasons why the Chiefs should trade for the Panthers’ Brian Burns

With a potential fire sale underway in Carolina, Kansas City has an opportunity add an elite pass rusher.

The Panthers’ Brian Burns is now in his fourth year after being drafted 16th overall out of Florida State in 2019. He’s collected 29.5 sacks and six forced fumbles in his career and was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2021. Burns has elite speed coming off the edge — and despite being the only real threat to sack the quarterback on Carolina’s defensive line, he’s been successful.

The NFL trade deadline is Tuesday, November 1. The Chiefs have an opportunity to improve a valuable position over the long term. Speculation about a potential trade for Burns became even stronger on Tuesday when we learned that Kansas City had cleared up some cap space.

Let’s consider five reasons why the Chiefs should trade for Burns.

1. Immediate Impact

http:// https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/10/19/23410651/chiefs-panthers-trade-brian-burns-5-reasons-why

The bottom line

If Kansas City is willing to part ways with some of their many 2023 draft picks, the team could land Burns. With linebacker Willie Gay Jr. returning from suspension and cornerback Trent McDuffie coming back from injury, adding Burns could make the Chiefs one of the league’s most-improved defenses at midseason — one that could hold down Josh Allen in the playoffs.

now where's the article/opinion piece  about the 10 reasons they wont? 

As a scour  the many team's pages similar to AP I see dang near every team has a McCaffery or OBJ  opinion piece. Burns not so much. JMO it's because he's not on the market for any price  and nor should he be if the Panthers where smart.