Kelce Contract Restructured and Potential Trades?

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/19/travis-kelce-hopes-chiefs-trade-odell-beckham-jr/

Travis Kelce spoke about his recent contract restructure from the Chiefs on his podcast, New Heights, and wished for Odell Beckham Jr.

If you were among those wondering whether or not the announced restructure of Travis Kelce’s contract was a precursor to a forthcoming roster move, you’re not alone. Kelce says he’s also watching and waiting, hoping for a move by general manager Brett Veach to help the Kansas City Chiefs with his newfound cap space.

Travis: I want them to come true. I haven’t heard anything. I have not heard anything in the locker room or anything around the facility. But something is in the air for sure, and if it means OBJ, all right.

So there it is. Kelce would love to see a move and he has a specific one in mind. At the same time, no one is sure what’s going on unless Travis is just toying with listeners somehow. At the very least, it makes things a lot more interesting knowing one of the Chiefs own stars would love to see another weapon added.

At this point what is the purpose of having buechele on the roster? He needs to be traded or released. The QB on the practice squad has more upside than him. It is a water rusted spot. A guy like Shelton could be brought up in his place to help with the run defense and short yardage scenarios. 
i wonder if we could trade one of our third round picks to go get Walker Little from the jaguars. He is someone we could plug into LT allowing us to possibly trade OBJ.  
Then it’s time to move Kinnard into the RT spot and see what we have. 

We need to do something about the tackle position. And giving Kinnard a look isn’t going to be any worse than what we are getting now. And trading Brown might be able to get us a good pass rusher. Hell you could throw Nnadi into the trade also, especially if Shelton is brought up. 

22 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/19/travis-kelce-hopes-chiefs-trade-odell-beckham-jr/

Travis Kelce spoke about his recent contract restructure from the Chiefs on his podcast, New Heights, and wished for Odell Beckham Jr.

If you were among those wondering whether or not the announced restructure of Travis Kelce’s contract was a precursor to a forthcoming roster move, you’re not alone. Kelce says he’s also watching and waiting, hoping for a move by general manager Brett Veach to help the Kansas City Chiefs with his newfound cap space.

Travis: I want them to come true. I haven’t heard anything. I have not heard anything in the locker room or anything around the facility. But something is in the air for sure, and if it means OBJ, all right.

So there it is. Kelce would love to see a move and he has a specific one in mind. At the same time, no one is sure what’s going on unless Travis is just toying with listeners somehow. At the very least, it makes things a lot more interesting knowing one of the Chiefs own stars would love to see another weapon added.

Kelce should be paid like a top wide receiver. His numbers are so amazing. Glad he is ok with being undervalued due to his " POSITION ". Orlando Brown is the exact opposite in attitude and in reality talent at LT.

19 minutes ago, Palangi said:

At this point what is the purpose of having buechele on the roster? He needs to be traded or released. The QB on the practice squad has more upside than him. It is a water rusted spot. A guy like Shelton could be brought up in his place to help with the run defense and short yardage scenarios. 
i wonder if we could trade one of our third round picks to go get Walker Little from the jaguars. He is someone we could plug into LT allowing us to possibly trade OBJ.  

We need to do something about the tackle position. And giving Kinnard a look isn’t going to be any worse than what we are getting now. And trading Brown might be able to get us a good pass rusher. Hell you could throw Nnadi into the trade also, especially if Shelton is brought up. 

If Kinnard is put in, and sucks worse than Wylie....could very well get our QB hurt. If anything you get a LT and push OBJ to RT.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If Kinnard is put in, and sucks worse than Wylie....could very well get our QB hurt. If anything you get a LT and push OBJ to RT.

Well let’s find out. Because Wylie  might get our QB hurt too. He’s been an open door a lot this year

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I doubt Kinnard is an option at this point.  The guy didn't go any higher than 3rd team in pre season and had his struggles even at that to the point many thought he would get cut.  

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

now where's the article/opinion piece  about the 10 reasons they wont? 

As a scour  the many team's pages similar to AP I see dang near every team has a McCaffery or OBJ  opinion piece. Burns not so much. JMO it's because he's not on the market for any price  and nor should he be if the Panthers where smart.

What you fail to consider is that the Panthers aren't smart.  Take a look at their QB depth chart and come back and tell me how smart they are.

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

I doubt Kinnard is an option at this point.  The guy didn't go any higher than 3rd team in pre season and had his struggles even at that to the point many thought he would get cut.  

I don’t think at any point he was a threat to get cut. I think that was more Dan response to him not stripping in and being a starter right away. His play wasn’t great agree. But there is a lot of potential with him. 
i just think atpoint Wylie isn’t an answer and we know that. So why not see what we have there and if he isa future option or not. The only way toit is to let him play. 

43 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I don’t think at any point he was a threat to get cut. I think that was more Dan response to him not stripping in and being a starter right away. His play wasn’t great agree. But there is a lot of potential with him. 
i just think atpoint Wylie isn’t an answer and we know that. So why not see what we have there and if he isa future option or not. The only way toit is to let him play. 

Rather not get qorae at RT if he is in fact not ready. It is bad enough with Wylie, imagine if it got worse. The coaches know there is a problem, but they see Kinnard maybe as to raw still watching him daily. I can't i.agine getting g worse and expect him to learn on the fly without something bad happening. If anything give him some team reps in practice and see from there.

Prince Tega Wanogho and Geron Christian are both active on GameDay aren't they? There's a plethora of options at RT. They could play Allegretti inside and kick Smith out to RT as well. He played some tackle at Tennessee. 

So this isn't a lack of options. This is the whole Sorenson, Niemann, Sutton, thing rearing it's head again. Love Reid to death, but he can be overly loyal to the detriment of the team once in awhile. Wylie has been a below average player his entire career. Yet he's started 50 games the last 5 years. I feel like Reid hasn't seen it by now, he's not going to. 

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Rather not get qorae at RT if he is in fact not ready. It is bad enough with Wylie, imagine if it got worse. The coaches know there is a problem, but they see Kinnard maybe as to raw still watching him daily. I can't i.agine getting g worse and expect him to learn on the fly without something bad happening. If anything give him some team reps in practice and see from there.

That’s hard to take from our coaching staff who thought Neimann was the best option last year. 

The Kansas City Chiefs might be getting Lucas Niang and Blake Bell back after the bye in Week 8, says Andy Reid.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid spoke to the media on Wednesday to give an update on all of the latest injuries as the team prepares and practices to face the San Francisco 49ers in Week 7. Given that the team is also heading into their bye week following this week’s road trip, Reid had a lot more updates than normal. The overall sense is that there’s good news to believe the Chiefs might be back to full strength very soon.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

The Kansas City Chiefs might be getting Lucas Niang and Blake Bell back after the bye in Week 8, says Andy Reid.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid spoke to the media on Wednesday to give an update on all of the latest injuries as the team prepares and practices to face the San Francisco 49ers in Week 7. Given that the team is also heading into their bye week following this week’s road trip, Reid had a lot more updates than normal. The overall sense is that there’s good news to believe the Chiefs might be back to full strength very soon.

wake me if they are on the field. Bell I can geta bit excited about Niang is what he is..JAG

altho probably unaffordable

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/robert-quinn-trade-rumors-bears-shopping-pro-bowl-pass-rusher-ahead-of-trade-deadline/

After electing not to part with him this offseason, the Bears are shopping Pro Bowl pass rusher Robert Quinn ahead of the NFL's trade deadline, according to Sportsline NFL Insider Jason La Canfora. The Bears have until Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. to execute a trade. 

Quinn, 32, is in the middle of his third season in Chicago after inking a five-year, $70 million contract with the team back in 2020. He was selected to his third Pro Bowl in 2021 after tallying a career-high 18.5 sacks. Quinn has not produced at the same level this season, however, as he has just one sack through the season's first six games. 

headshot-image
team logo
Robert Quinn
CHI • DE • 94
View Profile

The 14th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, Quinn spent his first seven seasons with the Rams, where he was named to two Pro Bowls and was an All-Pro in 2013. Quinn, who is just one of six active players with more than 100 career sacks, spent one season apiece in Miami and Dallas before signing his long-term deal with the Bears. 

The Bears shouldn't be having issues finding teams that are interested in acquiring Quinn. One of those teams could be the 5-1 Giants, who are currently tied for 19th in the NFL in sacks.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/robert-quinn-trade-rumors-bears-shopping-pro-bowl-pass-rusher-ahead-of-trade-deadline/

After electing not to part with him this offseason, the Bears are shopping Pro Bowl pass rusher Robert Quinn ahead of the NFL's trade deadline, according to Sportsline NFL Insider Jason La Canfora. The Bears have until Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. to execute a trade. 

Quinn, 32, is in the middle of his third season in Chicago after inking a five-year, $70 million contract with the team back in 2020. He was selected to his third Pro Bowl in 2021 after tallying a career-high 18.5 sacks. Quinn has not produced at the same level this season, however, as he has just one sack through the season's first six games. 

headshot-image
team logo
Robert Quinn
CHI • DE • 94
View Profile

The 14th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, Quinn spent his first seven seasons with the Rams, where he was named to two Pro Bowls and was an All-Pro in 2013. Quinn, who is just one of six active players with more than 100 career sacks, spent one season apiece in Miami and Dallas before signing his long-term deal with the Bears. 

The Bears shouldn't be having issues finding teams that are interested in acquiring Quinn. One of those teams could be the 5-1 Giants, who are currently tied for 19th in the NFL in sacks.

He seems to have slid very badly on his skills

Last year he had 1 sack and 2 qb hits.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

headshot-image
team logo
Robert Quinn
CHI • DE • 94
View Profile

I dont think he will be unaffordable. I think one of our 3rds (ironically compensatory for losing Ryan Poles) or 4ths will do it. He's not exactly lighting up the stat sheet. Plus their GM owes a lot of his job to Veach, so you'd have to think we'd have the inside track here.