Kelce Contract Restructured and Potential Trades?

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He seems to have slid very badly on his skills

Last year he had 1 sack and 2 qb hits.

I'd agree but Ingram wasn't doing much last year and came in here post trade playing like a man possessed. I think a chance to play for a team that realistically has a chance to win a ring really lights a fire under these veteran guys asses sometimes. They know it's their last real shot.

Report: Chiefs are ‘strong contender’ to sign wideout Odell Beckham Jr.

The former Giants (and Rams) wide receiver is again being linked to Kansas City.

On Wednesday, the plot thickened. Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network said that Kansas City is among the teams that are now in the market to obtain Beckham. Wilson even described the Chiefs as a ‘strong contender.’

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont think he will be unaffordable. I think one of our 3rds (ironically compensatory for losing Ryan Poles) or 4ths will do it. He's not exactly lighting up the stat sheet. Plus their GM owes a lot of his job to Veach, so you'd have to think we'd have the inside track here. 

His trade compensation isn’t whats unaffordable, its his cap hits. 17 mil this year, 18 mil next, 17 mil the next, and we would be stuck with his 18 million cap hit next season because the dead cap is 9 million.

rumors are laramey tunsil is on the block, thats intriguing. As long as compensation isn’t insane if we upgrade at OT, DT, DE, or WR i will be happy. If we trade for Christian mccaffery or something similar i will probably lose my mind

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

The former Giants (and Rams) wide receiver is again being linked to Kansas City.

On Wednesday, the plot thickened. Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network said that Kansas City is among the teams that are now in the market to obtain Beckham. Wilson even described the Chiefs as a ‘strong contender.’

Let's just say for shits and giggles that the chiefs sign him. Who gets replaced? our top 3 are MVS JuJu and Mecole. Where does OBJ fit in? Just curious.

6 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Let's just say for shits and giggles that the chiefs sign him. Who gets replaced? our top 3 are MVS JuJu and Mecole. Where does OBJ fit in? Just curious.

This is slightly insane, but I wouldn’t be opposed to the chiefs trying to trade MVS back to green bay if we signed OBJ

Just now, ClarksvilleChief said:

So, we trade away one of our receivers then? That would only make sense. I'm ok with trading Mecole because I dont think we resign him to a new deal.

OBJ not available until Nov. coming off a serious injury. Dont see KC trading a receiver at the deadline without knowing for sure OBJ is 100% $ signed.

49 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

OBJ not available until Nov. coming off a serious injury. Dont see KC trading a receiver at the deadline without knowing for sure OBJ is 100% $ signed.

I agree with you. Don't think he will be ready to play and learn the book, but he may make a difference in the January games.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

His trade compensation isn’t whats unaffordable, its his cap hits. 17 mil this year, 18 mil next, 17 mil the next, and we would be stuck with his 18 million cap hit next season because the dead cap is 9 million.

rumors are laramey tunsil is on the block, thats intriguing. As long as compensation isn’t insane if we upgrade at OT, DT, DE, or WR i will be happy. If we trade for Christian mccaffery or something similar i will probably lose my mind

You arent taking on his full salary this yr. It's pro rated. It's still substantial though. You are right. It's a dangerous contract to take on. If he was worthless we could release him and designate him a post June 1st cut in the offseason, but we'd still be on the hook for over 4 mill in dead money the next few yrs. 

It's like you said yesterday. Could he be the difference in winning a playoff game or not? That's the question. 

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

According to my son, (who is always scouring for Chiefs news), Beckham was spotted in KC.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

According to my son, (who is always scouring for Chiefs news), Beckham was spotted in KC.

yea my brother's best friend's cousin twice removed knows a Uber driver who parked behind a limo at KCI who said the guy who got in the limo looked like OBJ.🙃

If the Chiefs want to bring in a fresh face, Daryl Williams might be a solid low-risk signing. He spent the past two seasons in Buffalo, including starting all 19 games last year for the Bills, 8 at right tackle and 11 at right guard. He was released last March. When he did play right tackle, he was very good, especially in pass protection.

Williams wouldn’t come in and be the next Mitchell Schwartz, but if the Chiefs are looking to solidify their depth chart with veteran talent, he might have enough left in the tank.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/20/4-free-agents-help-kc-chiefs-right-now/3/

I wrote about signing Linval Joseph back in June and I still feel that it makes sense for KC. After losing Tershawn Wharton for the rest of 2022 with a torn ACL, the Chiefs are suddenly thin at the defensive tackle position. Chris Jones is elite, but Derrick Nnadi, Khalen Saunders, Taylor Stallworth, and Malik Herring don’t inspire a ton of confidence, especially when rushing the passer. If Jones were to miss any amount of time, Kansas City’s pass rush would be in a lot of trouble.

If the Chiefs want to add veteran depth off the street, a guy such as Linval Joseph could be a useful addition. Joseph is long in the tooth at 34 but was very solid for the Chargers last season rushing the passer. He wouldn’t be an every-down player, but if Kansas City is looking for quality depth behind Chris Jones, I would look into adding Joseph to the practice squad.

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

If the Chiefs want to bring in a fresh face, Daryl Williams might be a solid low-risk signing. He spent the past two seasons in Buffalo, including starting all 19 games last year for the Bills, 8 at right tackle and 11 at right guard. He was released last March. When he did play right tackle, he was very good, especially in pass protection.

Williams wouldn’t come in and be the next Mitchell Schwartz, but if the Chiefs are looking to solidify their depth chart with veteran talent, he might have enough left in the tank.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/10/20/4-free-agents-help-kc-chiefs-right-now/3/

I wouldn't mind this one. RT is way more important than skill positions at this point. 

When considering a trade for Burns, fans should expect the cost to be very similar to when Kansas City acquired Frank Clark. It would require at least one first-round draft pick in 2023 and likely more picks overall. He would need a contract extension north of $20 million per season and probably closer to $25 million.

Burns is less of a body type fit for what Spagnuolo has liked throughout his career. He is very lengthy, but light in weight. This makes him more dependent on speed and quickness to defend the run, again, something Spagnuolo does not prefer.

Burns is the best player all the names you have probably seen linked as potential trade options — that’s why ultimately fans shouldn’t expect him to go anywhere this year. Even if Carolina is willing to negotiate, the price is likely too steep for Kansas City to make a move.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/10/20/23412943/chiefs-nfl-trade-deadline-2022-robert-quinn-brian-burns-josh-allen

18 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I listened to the Kelce bros podcast on the way into work,  awesome freaking podcast BTW,   Travis is all for bringing this dude in and hopes thats what his restructure was for.   Said he hasn't heard any rumors or anything about bringing him in or anybody else in for that matter.   He did say that even though he hasn't heard anything their is something in the air about things.