Kelce Contract Restructured and Potential Trades?

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

According to ESPN reporters Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano, there is belief that the Cleveland Browns would be willing to part with Hunt in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick.

"There is belief among NFL teams that Kareem Hunt can be acquired for a fourth-round pick, per @JFowlerESPN and @DanGrazianoESPN." -- Bleacher Report

Hunt has split reps in the Browns' backfield with Nick Chubb since signing with the team in 2019. However, he could likely serve as the starter for most NFL teams. As a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, Hunt racked up 1,782 scrimmage yards as a rookie in 2017 and more than 1,200 yards in 11 games the following season.

He left on bad terms, though I would like his production, I doubt Reid uses him like he did before.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

I hope Veech is looking for any RTs, DTs and DEs. We could definately use an upgrade at any of those positions right now..

I doubt he can get an upgrade but maybe a important rotational guy. I would like a corner. Assunimg our #1 pick is a shut down guy is a huge assumption. He may be great and I sure hope he is. He has played all of 20 NFL snaps. Like to see a veteran corner to rotate in and for depth. 

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears.

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

The Eagles are 6-0 and have their sights set on a Super Bowl. With Derek Barnett (knee) lost for the season in Week 1, Quinn gives the Eagles more juice off the edge, alongside guys like Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, and Josh Sweat. Quinn, 32, has 102 career sacks and had been on the trade block dating back to the offseason. Going to Philly puts him in a spot to contribute in a playoff run.

Happy we didn't sign Quinn. First there is the money. As far as his career. It's been up and down. Everyone seemed to be salivating over what Quinn did LAST YEAR and not looking at the non factor he has been so far THIS YEAR.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Happy we didn't sign Quinn. First there is the money. As far as his career. It's been up and down. Everyone seemed to be salivating over what Quinn did LAST YEAR and not looking at the non factor he has been so far THIS YEAR.

Beats picking up 7.1 mil and eagles are paying him 700k for remainder of the year. That’s pretty good in my eye for a 8 game plus post season. 

Texans released LB Kamu Grugier-Hill.

The 28-year-old veteran reportedly asked for and was granted his release from Houston. He played just 32% of the defensive snaps last week against the Raiders after being an every-down player at the start of the year. Grugier-Hill will likely look for a contender to join for the second half of the season.

15 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Beats picking up 7.1 mil and eagles are paying him 700k for remainder of the year. That’s pretty good in my eye for a 8 game plus post season. 

The 18.5 sacks last year was an outlier over his career.  You're much more likely to get a 4 to 8 sack season from him over his career.  Age 34 with 1 sack this year and a avg to below avg pressure and pass win rate.  Pass.

6 hours ago, xen said:

The 18.5 sacks last year was an outlier over his career.  You're much more likely to get a 4 to 8 sack season from him over his career.  Age 34 with 1 sack this year and a avg to below avg pressure and pass win rate.  Pass.

Yea. Everyone screaming for defense- guys have to be available.. guys who fit. 

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

Hardman, RoJo, and Kaindoh with a 4th rounder

I dont think Jacksonville is taking scraps for this guy. RoJo and Kaindoh are nothing more than throw-ins  at this point.

I think it would be more like Hardman and next years 1st for Allen. And I'd pay it if I were Veach. 

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

Hardman, RoJo, and Kaindoh with a 4th rounder

I'd be ok with the player but I don't think they take that.  They'll want picks.

Has had some injury issues in a couple seasons.  High pass rush win rate but sometimes struggles concerning to sacks. Really good player overall and would be an upgrade.

You're probably parting with a package of picks though including at least a 2nd in there.  Not sure how motivated Jags are to part ways.  

11 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

another KC connection with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville?  If this were to happen then it would not be until the jags return from their london game...so don't expect anything this weekend

you might be on to something  with the  Reid connection angle. Kafka, Pederson etc.  I would like to think  they'd be honest with each other on what's up with a potential trade.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont think Jacksonville is taking scraps for this guy. RoJo and Kaindoh are nothing more than throw-ins  at this point.

I think it would be more like Hardman and next years 1st for Allen. And I'd pay it if I were Veach. 

As much as I've been down on Hardman over the past couple years he has purpose on this team.   MVS and Hardman are the stretchers on O.  If MVS gets hurt who fills that role.  Hardman is gonna get paid in the offseason which will net us a pick more than likely.  If we are going after Allen then we are chasing that ring.   Might as well throw in another pick.  

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

another KC connection with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville?  If this were to happen then it would not be until the jags return from their london game...so don't expect anything this weekend

If this happens then Josh isn't playing this weekend.  No way a deal of this magnitude gets done in 1 day because both teams would only have monday to finalize it and I'm sure a physical would have to be done.  However, I don't know all the language in the CBA so maybe it can get done pending a physical in which it could get nullified after the deadline?  Seems like it would be a hard deadline, but I don't know.   Hope they get it done.   

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports teams believe Browns RB Kareem Hunt is available for a fourth-round pick.

The James Robinson and Christian McCaffrey trades have the Browns looking to move on from Hunt, who’s on pace for career lows in a contract year. Hunt’s $1.35 million salary is team-friendly but trading Hunt would save Cleveland $200K in per-game roster bonuses. Cleveland has also received “multiple calls” on CB Greedy Williams ahead of next week’s trade deadline.

On 10/28/2022 at 8:11 PM, AFCWEST said:

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports teams believe Browns RB Kareem Hunt is available for a fourth-round pick.

The James Robinson and Christian McCaffrey trades have the Browns looking to move on from Hunt, who’s on pace for career lows in a contract year. Hunt’s $1.35 million salary is team-friendly but trading Hunt would save Cleveland $200K in per-game roster bonuses. Cleveland has also received “multiple calls” on CB Greedy Williams ahead of next week’s trade deadline.

The Cleveland Browns are willing to grant running back Kareem Hunt's trade request, sources told ESPN.

Hunt, who is in the final year of his contract and is seeking a new deal, asked to be traded by the Browns this past August, but the team initially declined his request.

The Browns, however, are just 2-5 entering their "Monday Night Football" matchup with the rival Cincinnati Bengals and would rather receive compensation for Hunt via a trade rather than lose him in free agency, according to sources.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Sources told ESPN the Browns would like to receive a fourth-round draft pick in any trade involving Hunt -- or compensation that would be better than the compensatory pick they would receive in 2024.

Hunt, 27, has rushed for 263 yards and three touchdowns while also hauling in 15 receptions for 87 yards and a score this season, his fourth with the Browns