Chiefs/49ers

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I could believe they wanted picks in the 23 draft.  As good as Mcaffery is he is  still in a non premium postion and an injury history and they got 2nd 3rd and 4th this year.  Burns who plays a premium postion and has no injury history is going to go for at least a 1st this year plus other picks if they trade him.  

48 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

How about this year’s second and F. Clark? 2024 1st is too high a price. 

I don't like giving up a 1st either, but....  Hosting the draft, this years first is off the table.  We can address the OT with that.  Next year's first is still very likely to be 27-32.  With Clark coming off the books, and some other money opening up, they can afford to pay Burns, and pair him with Karlaftis for the next 4.5 years.  You're giving up affordability and control of a first rounder for proven talent, but considering the cap moving forward, we'd be ok, especially if we draft a LT this year and cut lose OBJ.  I'd argue that behind the QB, the ability to sack the QB is the second most important aspect of an NFL team with Super Bowl aspirations.  

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

You know, I’m gonna wait and see. This is what it should be but I’m not buying it. Yet.

I bet it still ends up committee 

8 touches for the “starter” 

not complaining but that’s about what I expected 

Clyde 6

mckinnon 4 

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don't like giving up a 1st either, but....  Hosting the draft, this years first is off the table.  We can address the OT with that.  Next year's first is still very likely to be 27-32.  With Clark coming off the books, and some other money opening up, they can afford to pay Burns, and pair him with Karlaftis for the next 4.5 years.  You're giving up affordability and control of a first rounder for proven talent, but considering the cap moving forward, we'd be ok, especially if we draft a LT this year and cut lose OBJ.  I'd argue that behind the QB, the ability to sack the QB is the second most important aspect of an NFL team with Super Bowl aspirations.  

Statistics would prove you to be dead wrong. Sacks are not that big a factor in determining game outcome. 

I would say pressures are very important, but there is one difference between a pressure and a sack. A pressure can end in an 80 TD and a sack cannot. Burns is intriguing, but 2 premium picks and then a massive contract is a tripple hit. I am OK if they do it because of all the young talent we have, but would be equally open to an OT. Or trading up.

19 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would say pressures are very important, but there is one difference between a pressure and a sack. A pressure can end in an 80 TD and a sack cannot. Burns is intriguing, but 2 premium picks and then a massive contract is a tripple hit. I am OK if they do it because of all the young talent we have, but would be equally open to an OT. Or trading up.

No dont do it. Hearing its more than 2 top picks. There is no guarantee that once a guy gets the big bucks they stay 100% motivated, in shape and out of trouble. Free agent signing ok because you dont give up draft picks.

KC does not have to fix everything to win it all. Every team has flaws, is a key injury away from disaster and there is no team that KC can not currently beat. 

Save the picks and move up to get a guy you want next draft!