Game day thread. Chiefs vs 49ers.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Biggest needs after this game?   RT and DE?  Did RT just jump DE?  I would say no considering we put up 44 points and left at least 3 - 7 points off a horrible ref call and missed fg.   Not every team has a Jimmy G who helps opponents out.  

All depends on what they expect of Niang.  He played okay last year for a "rookie" and if healthy, he would be a comfortable RT for the future.  Just need to know how long that will be.  Hopefully, by playoff time.  

1 minute ago, mex said:

Honestly, with Bosa healthy and that DL... I thought the OL did a great job today... and Wylie didn't play horribly. He got beat a few times, once by one of the best DE in the league... but I thought Patrick would be running for his life today

Wylie is what he is.  A sub pressed into a starting role he's not equipped for.  Mahomes did have more time today and I credit the offensive scheme for that. 

8 minutes ago, mex said:

Honestly, with Bosa healthy and that DL... I thought the OL did a great job today... and Wylie didn't play horribly. He got beat a few times, once by one of the best DE in the league... but I thought Patrick would be running for his life today

Yeah, against this DLine for Pat to be sacked only once and having as much time as he did, the OLine did a good job, including both tackles.

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yeah, against this DLine for Pat to be sacked only once and having as much time as he did, the OLine did a good job, including both tackles.

Part of that is we have to chip every play for the tackles. 

Have to say… what a win going into the bye week. Need to clean shit up on special teams. Pacheco with a nice return. 
defense is keeping us in games all year. 
offense was cooking today. Let’s hope that’s what they continue to do and not have half’s like against Cincy last year. 
we are in good position in the afc west. Chargers and broncos loose so that’s good. 

So our old pal West has been absent from the Coalition boards recently because he was down on the field today, hobnobbing with Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Brett Veach before the game.  Apparently he brought us some good luck.  Hoping he'll give us some details when he returns. Lucky bastich!!

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wylie is what he is.  A sub pressed into a starting role he's not equipped for.  Mahomes did have more time today and I credit the offensive scheme for that. 

Yeah, the scheme helped. But he had quite a few times where he was in the pocket for a LONG time. The line did well today. Give credit where it's due.

This is the Hardman I expected this year. O line looked good. DL pass rush is decent with big leads and offenses forced to pass. Mahomes pass distribution is amazing and getting better every week. Defenses have no I idea who to key on.  8 receivers w/ a reception, 2 WRs over 100. 3 different w/ TD recepts. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Both are badly needed. I still say we get a LT and move obj to rt. Or he can go kick rocks.  Imagine an above average DT next to Jones too.

I'm not as low on OBJ as most are.  He is better than Eric Fisher.   If we had a competent RT all our line issues wouldn't be nearly as bad.  

46 minutes ago, mex said:

Yeah, the scheme helped. But he had quite a few times where he was in the pocket for a LONG time. The line did well today. Give credit where it's due.

Credit is due to three TE sets.  Not to beat up on the O-line, but without help, here was too many whiffs and holding penalties.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Wylie is actually valuable to the team…as a backup.  He can be short term competent at 3 oline positions.  A good guy to have around who has no business as a long term starter.

I love Wylie on this team but he needs to be our super backup not our starter.