Machine Gun Clark

1 minute ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yea if Clark is the difference between KC winning or losing against Ten and Jax were in shit ton of trouble. 

He is not. 

Many times (like in the case of Willie Gay Jr., who had a four-game suspension earlier this season), the club is made aware that a punishment is coming. It is possible that went into the team’s strategy to rest defensive end Mike Danna against the San Francisco 49ers, as he has been battling through a calf injury since Week 2. Danna returned against the Buffalo Bills in Week 6 but sat out Week 7, effectively giving him about three weeks of time off his feet with the bye week looming.

Danna is part of a defensive end room that includes rookie George Karlaftis, Carlos Dunlap, Malik Herring and Josh Kaindoh. For the next two games, they’ll have to do without Clark.

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Looks worse when you look at all the names at once. Our DBs are amazing for performing behind this mess of a group. 

Yeah, not a group that's going to scare anybody. But Clark is a non factor in a lot of games. Chiefs can manage for 2 without him.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's not for 2 games. We have 10 left.

Yes I can do the math. Clark is gone 2. If KC does acquire anyone it will most likely be a decision not based on his 2 game suspension. It was likely in the works regardless. I dont see KC making a major acquisition. Maybe lower level depth. Quinn has a huge cap hit next season too.

30 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Anyone know where to see how many pressures a player causes?  Just curious about Clark, Karl and Dunlap.

PFF ranks Karl at #6 and Clark at #11, but I trust the numbers way more.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/ed

Not a big fan of "pressures" what does that mean? Does it mean the pass was incomplete? Many QBs do great under pressure. Mahomes, Allen, Lamar. Mahomes threw WASP while he was under pressure. I want the QB face down in the grass either with the ball or a fumble recovery. 

You know...   I'm still trying to figure out what the Chiefs have done to get the short end of every NFL situation.  Clark Hunt plays company man with the absolute best of them but still constantly gets crapped on.

I tried looking, but I can't find a single instance of a player getting suspended based on an illegal firearms charge.  Some had a combination of issues, such as drug possession or DUI, but there are players that seem to get arrested every off season with illegal firearms and this is the first time i actually see it punished by the NFL.  

I'm also trying to wrap my head around timing.  I think we've all seen time and time and time again that when someone is suspended, the punishment always comes down within 10 days of when the court case is settled.  Hell for Deshaun, within 10 days of him settling they had an independent ruling, a disagreement by the NFL, a secondary investigation by the NFL and NFLPA, negotiations between the two sides, and a decision.  How is it that Gay and Clark get suspensions handed out randomly out of nowhere?

That said, When it comes to the timing, I do wonder if the NFL is hooking up the chiefs in some way.  Like....i almost feel like they let the Chiefs decide if Gay were to miss the Chargers game or the Bills game due to the funky timing.  I also wonder If the NFL postponed their ruling on Clark to a time more convenient for the team.  As in....  not suspending him during the Gay suspension and letting him do is suspension for the titans/jags games vs the 49ers/Titans games after gay was back from his suspension...

I dunno.....  i'm just the kind of person that likes due process and consistency, and jesus the NFL sucks at both....lol