Chiefs new WR

Toney played in only 10 of 17 games as a rookie, compiling 39 receptions for 420 yards. He missed time twice with COVID-19, had hamstring, quad, oblique, ankle, and shoulder injuries during the season.

This year, he missed all of the spring after undergoing minor knee surgery. He played in only two games, catching two passes for zero yards.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Toney played in only 10 of 17 games as a rookie, compiling 39 receptions for 420 yards. He missed time twice with COVID-19, had hamstring, quad, oblique, ankle, and shoulder injuries during the season.

This year, he missed all of the spring after undergoing minor knee surgery. He played in only two games, catching two passes for zero yards.

Yea, he has been oft injured. BUT, if this dude can get 100% healthy he will be a Steal, West. You will be pleasntly surprised.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, he has been oft injured. BUT, if this dude can get 100% healthy he will be a Steal, West. You will be pleasntly surprised.

Huge if. Guy has more injuries than I have seen before. Seems like a lazy guy. Unmotivated. Trade a six ok. Trade a third? As usual I hope I am WROMGO.

Giants got a nice deal for a guy they clearly dont want and may have cut. Isnt Kaftka in NY?

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

Sometimes it seems like Veech just makes deal for the hell of it. Like my wife when she's shopping....Buying shit she really don't need just because ITS ON SALE.

I'm sure you are right. It's not because this guy has elements of Tyreek Hill in his game, and Veach wanted to add back to our offense for a fraction of the price he was drafted for. 

And nothing to do with the fact that Mecole and JuJu are free agents at years end and Toney is on a rookie deal. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Huge if. Guy has more injuries than I have seen before. Seems like a lazy guy. Unmotivated. Trade a six ok. Trade a third? As usual I hope I am WROMGO.

Giants got a nice deal for a guy they clearly dont want and may have cut.

Giants got a nice deal? They used a first rounder on this guy a year and a half ago. I'd call that a pretty shitty return on investment. Wake up. Veach is the one that got the value here. 🤡

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Giants got a nice deal for a guy they clearly dont want and may have cut.

Yea, I get it. You know I wanted some defensive help. But, like you said IF..

If..he can stay healthy and keep his mind right, we have just signed our future #1 WR. IMO..

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Giants got a nice deal? They used a first rounder on this guy a year and a half ago. I'd call that a pretty shitty return on investment. Wake up. Veach is the one that got the value here. 🤡

Two different issues. #1 They made a bad pick and thats on them. #2 They may have reduced some of that bad investment with a 3rd and 6th.

I hope the change of scenery makes this Veach best deal ever!

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Two different issues. #1 They made a bad pick and thats on them. #2 They may have reduced some of that bad investment with a 3rd and 6th.

I hope the change of scenery makes this Veach best deal ever!

This kid has a SUPER HIGH ceiling...And in this offense....Oh yea!

Fingers crossed bro. 

not sure i feel about the compensation given up for a player who is constantly hurt, seems like a 6th round pick alone should get this done.

anywho, to me, and im sure most will disagree, this says to me they aren't liking what they are seeing in skyy moore.

hope this kid stays healthy and shows off that 1st round talent with mahomes.

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm sure you are right. It's not because this guy has elements of Tyreek Hill in his game, and Veach wanted to add back to our offense for a fraction of the price he was drafted for. 

And nothing to do with the fact that Mecole and JuJu are free agents at years end and Toney is on a rookie deal. 

I like it.  I doubt he contributes this year, but he’s got an excellent shot at being the third receiver next year. I think we extend juju this offseason. I think both sides will find a way to make it work bc juju has a chance to be super special in this offense.  

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

not sure i feel about the compensation given up for a player who is constantly hurt, seems like a 6th round pick alone should get this done.

anywho, to me, and im sure most will disagree, this says to me they aren't liking what they are seeing in skyy moore.

hope this kid stays healthy and shows off that 1st round talent with mahomes.

I do hope this move isn't an indictment on Skyy Moore. I'm hoping this is just one of those low risk, high reward moves. IMO, Skyy just needs a little more time. Plus, he was never a punt returner. Some folks think that just because you can catch the ball, you can return punts, but that's not all true. Punt returning is more MENTAL than physical...

5 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Big confidence boost for Skyy Moore. Spent 2nd on him only to spend a 3 & 6 to replace him in the rotation. Of course, as a Chiefs fan, none of this matters if he comes in here and tears it up. Hell I was thinking Watson should get more reps. Every times he's out there, he produces.  

I think this has nothing to do with Moore. Thinking a new guy can step in immediately is also unrealistic. Veach had too many picks in his pocket and just had to spend some. Maybe kick returns to start. Hope he becomes a great acquisition.

When you watch his Gators highlights, the guy constantly bounces out and around and keeps seeking additional yac and looks determined to get more out of a play where he should have been stopped for a modest gain and then he joysticks around and it’s a good gain instead. I guess I see why they wanted him in that regard. 

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

I do hope this move isn't an indictment on Skyy Moore. I'm hoping this is just one of those low risk, high reward moves. IMO, Skyy just needs a little more time. Plus, he was never a punt returner. Some folks think that just because you can catch the ball, you can return punts, but that's not all true. Punt returning is more MENTAL than physical...

i hope you are right. like i said i saw zero separation in his college tape, and so far zero separation in the nfl, couple that with the fact he seems overwelmed, i wouldn't be surprised if the chiefs are like... fuhhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

When you watch his Gators highlights, the guy constantly bounces out and around and keeps seeking additional yac and looks determined to get more out of a play where he should have been stopped for a modest gain and then he joysticks around and it’s a good gain instead. I guess I see why they wanted him in that regard. 

Yup..Good relase, decent route runner, nice quick burst, YAC monster and average hands.

Almost sounds like a former KC WR that was traded away this season..