Chiefs new WR

28 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We have the #2 passing game in the NFL. We have 5.5 sacks from all of our DEs combined through 7 games. (though we do get pressures ;))   

There has to be someone who fits. There has to be someone avail. So far it’s just Quinn and he was old.

Wasn't a huge fan of him in first round last year.  I said he can't run routes for shit and looked more like a 2nd rounder for me as he needed to learn how to play receiver.  That said I'm fine with buying low on him.  I think he's a mecole replacement as your gadget player and a returner to replace skyy.  Skyy has more upside as a receiver though.

Steal for the Chiefs.  I heard it is for a "conditional pick".

Talking heads are all over screaming the Chiefs stole him.

I agree with Diehard- this is for next year and if he lights it up this year...great.

Net - Net.....The dude does not play well for Reid and Mahomes- he greatly undercuts his own value.

Advantage KC.

w

I don’t mind this trade. We have the infrastructure to get the best out of this guy. He is very talented and has speed. 
we are taking a swing, but we all take swings on draft days too. 
If Reid can get this kid into the offense , this maybe the key to threaten defenses and open up things especially our shitty run game. 
I personally do not want to see sky Moore dismissed. I think sky needs to be involved on offense and get him going with a few easy balls. That’s the best cure for confidence. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Mmm, I'm not sure if I agree with the Reid take...Does he really like players with off the field issues??

Spags on the other hand...Yep. If the guy practices hard and is very vocal, he likes!!

He's always had that reputation...going back to the eagles....like with his kids...

I mean, drafting Tyreek, going after frank clark.    I know i've read about his reputation about keeping a lockerroom that is good for these kinds of players...

55 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

We have the #2 passing game in the NFL. We have 5.5 sacks from all of our DEs combined through 7 games. (though we do get pressures ;))   

Aww... you are so so cute with your out of line stats....

Since you like singling out groups...  where are we ranked in the WR passing game without our TEs?  Also, we may only have 5.5 sacks from our Des, but we are tied for 7th in the league in TEAM sacks with 19.

Hmmmm.....  wonder how many of those sacks were due to being pressured right into another players arms....

51 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

anywho, to me, and im sure most will disagree, this says to me they aren't liking what they are seeing in skyy moore.

I don't think that's the case at all.  I think this is more about planning for the future without Hardman and potentially Juju after this season

But i mean.... yeah, they don't like what they are seeing in punt returning form Moore....so i bet Toney takes that over

Chiefs acquired Kadarius Toney from the Giants in exchange for a conditional third-round pick and sixth-round pick.

The Score's Jordan Schultz was the first to break the news, as the former 2021 first-round draft pick is now headed for Kansas City. Toney, who has reportedly been battling a hamstring injury all season, has appeared in just two games for the Giants and hasn't been active since Week 2. As a rookie in 2021, Toney was elite after the catch, ranking eighth in YAC/REC (6.7) and 11th in YPRR (2.14) per PFF. He saw 60% of his snaps from the slot last season and could emerge as the Chiefs' primary slot receiver once he has a chance to get fully acclimated with the offense. Toney is a must-add in all leagues where he has been dropped, and is currently rostered in just 22 percent of Yahoo fantasy leagues.

36 minutes ago, xen said:

Wasn't a huge fan of him in first round last year.  I said he can't run routes for shit and looked more like a 2nd rounder for me as he needed to learn how to play receiver.  That said I'm fine with buying low on him.  I think he's a mecole replacement as your gadget player and a returner to replace skyy.  Skyy has more upside as a receiver though.

with 4.6 speed? That's JuJu speed 

I don’t understand the people linking this to Moore. We only have 2 receivers under contract next year, and this is a buy low deal on a guy with upside and cheap controllable years.  If we resign juju (which I think we will) then Toney is either the 4th or 5th receiver next year.  I don’t think this move has anything to do with this season, I think it was Veach jumping an on opportunity to get ahead of next years roster.   Nobody is going to come in and immediately pick up an Andy Reid playbook and run with it. 

• 2023 conditional third-round pick
  • 2023 sixth-round pick

Chiefs grade: A

Perhaps coach Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach had some insight from Mike Kafka, Patrick Mahomes' former QB coach who is now the Giants' offensive coordinator, on why Toney might be a fine fit in Kansas City's offense.

When Toney was coming out of Florida, Tyreek Hill was a natural draft comparison because of Toney's dynamic slot playmaking in the open field combined with speedy field-stretching ability. Toney (6-0, 193 pounds) is a little taller than Hill (5-10, 191) but his 4.39 40-yard dash says he also can be fast enough for Kansas City.

The Chiefs have made it work after trading Hill to the Dolphins with JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Mecole Hardman and others giving Mahomes some big plays by committee playing off tight end Travis Kelce in the passing game. But rookie second-rounder Skyy Moore, who also drew some Hill comparisons, has been slow to catch on to the offense.

Toney, for now, offers more upside. He needs to get healthy after battling hamstring and knee issues. But he can be a factor down the stretch and come playoff time once he absorbs the offense, which should be easier given the Kafka connection. Toney also will have time to fully heal and the Chiefs having a Week 8 bye helps, too.

The Chiefs were smart to take a flyer on a guy who can fly for Mahomes. This might turn into an absolute steal as Toney gets a needed change of scenery.

NFL power rankings: Plunging Packers, Buccaneers in pan

14 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

They must have liked him as a prospect and were able to give up limited draft stock on a guy who may contribute. It seems like a weird move in the middle of the season though, especially given how hard it supposedly is for WRs to grasp Reid’s offense.

like has been mentioned previously I think this has more to do with next year than this. Get him returning punts to get Moore the fuk off the field and prepare for post Hardman/JuJu