Chiefs new WR

4 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm just gonna see this as a "meh" move and hope for the best:

• The 3rd rounder we gave up is a comp pick, so first, its really like a 4th, and 2nd, we got it for free for Poole getting hired, so really we are taking a shot on a WR by giving up a 6th rounder
  • The guy will instantly come in and take punt duty away from Moore, so we can all put that issue to rest
  • He's a Hardman replacement with upside.  Only cost us like 750k this year, 2 mill next year, and 3 mill the year after
  • He's cheap.  785k this year, 2 mill next year, and 2.5 mill in 2024 with a 5th year option
  • He has a high ceiling.  20th overall pick last year, sounds like he couldn't handle the NY Big City Market, could hopefully flourish in the Midwest

I'm guessing Veach was really high on him last year and didn't forget.  So better we used a conditional 3rd and a 6th on him than giving up all kinds of trade capital for him back then.  I'm not expecting much, but at the same time, it won't take much to make this a good trade...   worth the risk IMO

This sums it up pretty well. It's what we refer to as a "Veach special". High draft pick with upside and low cost. It's not like we gave away next year's draft folks. We still have a 1, a 2, a 3 and two 4s next year. And who can grade Toney last year under Joe Judge and that debacle? Injuries are a concern. Let's wait and see how he does with the Chiefs training staff which is one of the best in the NFL.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Not that that’s a bad number (bc it’s not) but wasn’t he billed as having more “quick” than “speed”? Or am I confusing him with someone else? 

If you watch his highlight tape he is a jitterbug type on the field. Good initial burst off the LOS and very shifty. I agree with the sentiment that this signing is more about next year.

Based on what I saw in his gators hype video, doesn’t he look like a Pacheco like player with insane quickness who is not afraid of contact or running out of tackles except he’s a wideout/slant/ running back type player? 
Insane foot speed. Quickness. Bounce Out. Change of direction. 
I’m really hoping this pans out. 
But right now there are too many unanswered questions that allowed the Giants to “kinda give up” on him. 

5 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Based on what I saw in his gators hype video, doesn’t he look like a Pacheco like player with insane quickness who is not afraid of contact or running out of tackles except he’s a wideout/slant/ running back type player? 
But right now there are too many unanswered questions that allowed the Giants to “kinda give up” on him. 

Agree good points. Giants have the worst passing offense in the league and still dumped this guy. Must have pissed somebody off. Kaftka must have given Chiefs some feedback on this guy and it must have had some good insight or KC does not make this move.

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports Kadarius Toney's Thursday trade to the Chiefs came after the wideout and the Giants remained at a loggerheads over his health following a Wednesday meeting.

Raanan does not report the meeting was the sole reason Toney was traded, but it clearly didn't help. Toney apparently believed his troublesome hamstrings were "good," while the Giants evidently wanted to hold him out through their Week 9 bye. Now Toney is on bye for Week 8 with the Chiefs. The truth is, the Giants' post-Dave Gettleman/Joe Judge regime never seemed too interested in Toney's services. Regardless of who was right about Toney's latest issue, the issue is that there was always an issue. Toney's upside will be higher with Patrick Mahomes in Kansas City, but his downside remains 0.0. 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/other/giants-just-wanted-to-get-rid-of-wr-kadarius-toney/vi-AA13su9p?cvid=b568db2b71a6450bb6b079b20db35259&category=foryou

Watch this video take on Toney. These guys nailed it.

They like his upside in KC but say he is immature, a cry baby, etc.

Couldn't hear the audio...hopefully they said good things 

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Couldn't hear the audio...hopefully they said good things 

Mostly good things. Think he will do great in KC because Reid will fix his attitude.

You need to click on that photo a bit to get it rolling correct. A little funky.

I like it if he stays healthy. Slot guy and twitchy but a good sized WR for it. Returns kicks and get this year ti get his feet wet with 2 more controlling years after this. If we resign JJ, we have him, toney, Moore and mvs. Not a bad group to go then after a true WR 1 and develop for a year. Now to get DT ir DE help. I think we should bring Shelton up and go after a DE but again, George is still a rookie so maybe he gets better as we go along and continue to rotate in Dunlap and others as they come back. RT would be a huge get imo like when we got Schwartz back in the day.

I like it.  Agree that it is more of a move for next year.  It is basically a 4 (comp 3) and a late 6 for 3.5 possible years of control.  

KC was linked to him some leading up to the 21 draft.  I remember several mocks with them drafting him at 31.  Seems to be a punk but maybe Pat and Kelce can mentor him up.

If he pans out and they go hard after JuJu next year (I think they will), the receiving room could be JuJu, Moore, MVS, Toney, Ross, in no particular order.

2 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

These are the traits that's all Tyreek. If he can put his down and put in the work to become a better WR like Tyreek did following his rookie year, then we have a real threat the next 2 years. 

5 hours ago, West said:

Steal for the Chiefs.  I heard it is for a "conditional pick".

Talking heads are all over screaming the Chiefs stole him.

I agree with Diehard- this is for next year and if he lights it up this year...great.

Net - Net.....The dude does not play well for Reid and Mahomes- he greatly undercuts his own value.

Advantage KC.

w

Here's the way I see it west... our defense has already improved this year. Once we get Fenton, Danna and McDuffie (and fucking clark :angry: ) we're gonna be even MORE improved over last year.

My guess is Veach has confidence in our defense once healthy, and wants to juice the offense up just a bit to give Patrick a potential new toy.

I didn't like it at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense not just for this year, but next. 

In Veach We Trust.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

Maybe Bienemy will finally get a HC job so they'll get that 3rd back.

If he can't get on this year then he has to go elsewhere.  Would seem like a great opportunity for him considering our offense lost Hill and is still putting up insane numbers.   Hope he does so we get that 3rd back!

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I like it.  Agree that it is more of a move for next year.  It is basically a 4 (comp 3) and a late 6 for 3.5 possible years of control.  

KC was linked to him some leading up to the 21 draft.  I remember several mocks with them drafting him at 31.  Seems to be a punk but maybe Pat and Kelce can mentor him up.

If he pans out and they go hard after JuJu next year (I think they will), the receiving room could be JuJu, Moore, MVS, Toney, Ross, in no particular order.

Patrick & Travis will set him straight, but heard talk today that JuJu may be looking for a fatter contract then KC May offer up..