Chiefs new WR

10 hours ago, mex said:

Here's the way I see it west... our defense has already improved this year. Once we get Fenton, Danna and McDuffie (and fucking clark :angry: ) we're gonna be even MORE improved over last year.

My guess is Veach has confidence in our defense once healthy, and wants to juice the offense up just a bit to give Patrick a potential new toy.

I didn't like it at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense not just for this year, but next. 

In Veach We Trust.

I think McDuffie returning ought to be the end of Fentons playing time here. Sneed is our second best defensive player, and anything they do to stunt the development of Watson or Williams would be criminal.

So where's he fit? He's looked like shit this season and he's a walking PI flag. 

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

not according to this link  but I hope you are right

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/stats/Kadarius-Toney-WR-Florida

He ran 4.38 & 4.39 at his pro day, no combine.  Doesn't have that 2nd gear but Change of direction and stop/start is elite, almost crazy.  He has that electric stop/start and COD that tyreek had.  Actually if you take Mecoles long speed (-.5 seconds), Toney's COD and stop/start, Skyy's hands and separation and Kelce's route running you get Tyreek lol

I still think he might be limited in what you can ask him to do but I like his ability in short and intermediate areas, he brings something our current WRs don't have and I trust Andy to squeeze whatever he has put of him in this offense. 

Screenshot_20221028_063457.jpg

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Spoiler alert: He's not Tyreek Hill

That said, love this pickup just based on potential.   Doesn't really matter that he was overdrafted now.  Excited to see what Andy can do with him.

Yea. Speed on the top is not there. Kc will polish him out. 
what I like is he can get wide open in a hurry. And with that kind of separation he can still win some deep just for the mere fact of getting wide open.

I am torn on this guy. All things point to he is a hell of a talent. Also all things point to he is a punk with a serious attitude problem. When I root for Kc I just do not root for them cause they are my team, I am not one of those that says I do not care what kind of person they are as long as we win. I can't do that. I can't say --- I know he butt dittles little kids but man he is a damn good QB and I am glad he is on our team. I just can't. Thats why I like Mahomes and Kelce so much. Good wholesome human beings who you want to win not because they are on your team but because they are good people. 

3 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I am torn on this guy. All things point to he is a hell of a talent. Also all things point to he is a punk with a serious attitude problem. When I root for Kc I just do not root for them cause they are my team, I am not one of those that says I do not care what kind of person they are as long as we win. I can't do that. I can't say --- I know he butt dittles little kids but man he is a damn good QB and I am glad he is on our team. I just can't. Thats why I like Mahomes and Kelce so much. Good wholesome human beings who you want to win not because they are on your team but because they are good people. 

His tweets on the way out were awful. KC needs to get this guy to shut up and learn how to be a KC Chief Professional. If Reid, PM and Co cant do it then nobody can. I think they will.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think McDuffie returning ought to be the end of Fentons playing time here. Sneed is our second best defensive player, and anything they do to stunt the development of Watson or Williams would be criminal.

So where's he fit? He's looked like shit this season and he's a walking PI flag. 

I remember a time when we wanted Fenton in full time...

1 hour ago, xen said:

Spoiler alert: He's not Tyreek Hill

That said, love this pickup just based on potential.   Doesn't really matter that he was overdrafted now.  Excited to see what Andy can do with him.

low risk

high reward potential

what's not to like

1 hour ago, xen said:

I still think he might be limited in what you can ask him to do but I like his ability in short and intermediate areas, he brings something our current WRs don't have

I see him as that guy who can break open a quick slant on 3rd and 8... kinda useful when up against a strong pass rush

I see this as Toney probably won't contribute a whole lot on offense this year. I see him taking over punt return duties though. I think this is a move for the future. Our WRs next year would be MVS, Skye, Toney, and Ross, (not sure how long we have Watson)..those could be very fun to watch on Sunday's. And we won't have to over spend on WRs and can shore up the Oline and Dline.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Not all us...I've always disliked Fenton's game. To grabby (i.e.lazy) and too much stevie nelson..(never, ever turns his head around)

Just like someone said, I hope they continue to let the rookies play when Fenton is healthy. I know Fenton is probably a little better than the rookies as far as playbook, but man...If you need a first down? Throw at Fenton for PI. 

Perfect fit against teams that play two high safety.   Kelce, Juju, and eventually Toney can tear up the middle of the field.   Even if we don't see him this year it was a great gamble for the remainder of his contract especially at that position.   My only concern his is maturity.   If he can shut up and focus on his career he has the opportunity to be special.  

No got get Josh Allen DE and go win a SB.

2 hours ago, mex said:

low risk

high reward potential

what's not to like

Yeah I do like the kid but he relied on schemed touches in college and so far that's been the case in the pros.  Hopefully with our roster and receiving room, he'll listen.  If he ever learns how to run routes he'll be an all pro.  You have to have the self awareness and work ethic for that though, and no idea where he's at on that.  Not a good sign that the new regime wanted to trade him, as I have a lot of respect for their new HC and OC.

He is, though, an amazingly good 2nd reaction receiver when a play breaks down.  This kid just breaks ankles and has strong hands.

If only a team had a QB that was also amazing at broken plays, you might have something special.

43 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

No got get Josh Allen DE and go win a SB.

I hope there is some merit to this. Could you imagine an effective pass rush in KC. I think I just finished. Smoke please. I mean really its between 2 teams for the superbowl and they are both in the AFC. The NFC does not scare anyone. The Eagles are undefeated but look at their schedule. I mean REALLY? As of right now I believe its a 2 horse race and with a move like Allen DE Kc must just be the front runner.

12 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I hope there is some merit to this. Could you imagine an effective pass rush in KC. I think I just finished. Smoke please. I mean really its between 2 teams for the superbowl and they are both in the AFC. The NFC does not scare anyone. The Eagles are undefeated but look at their schedule. I mean REALLY? As of right now I believe its a 2 horse race and with a move like Allen DE Kc must just be the front runner.

Yes...Fingers and toes crossed on the Allen trade. Boy o Boy how an effective pass rush would bolster our defense....And of course we all know that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

3 hours ago, mex said:

Who is "we"?  Several of us have been saying that Fenton is a below average corner and needs replacing.  Like his willingness to hit and his aggressiveness, but he's a walking PI waiting to happen on every play.  Even Mahomes, it's been reported, told Fenton at practice, "You grab jersey on every play."  It was very refreshing to see KC draft about five DBs this spring. 

13 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Thanks Debbie Downer.GEEZ just could not let a man dream could you. PFFTT

I guess not. Lol. There are the dreamers and then there are those easily swayed by the dreamers. I'm really out to dish out reality to them!😁