Chiefs new WR

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-wr-kadarius-toney-indicates-193527392.html

Perhaps the biggest concern about Toney this season has been his health. He’s dealt with three separate hamstring injuries since training camp and hasn’t played a snap since Week 2. Toney did not participate in Wednesday’s practice for New York and wasn’t expected to play in Week 8, but that might have had more to do with the approaching trade deadline as opposed to the injury.

Toney took to Twitter shortly after the trade was announced to suggest that he’s no longer injured, while also responding to some critics who felt he was perhaps “faking” his injury.

“That joke would’ve been funny if I was actually hurt still,” Toney wrote in the now-deleted tweet. “Lol. . . Irrelevant people don’t get updates.”

Even if Toney is still dealing with some remnants of the hamstring injury, he’ll have to pass a physical for the trade to be consummated. The Chiefs are on the bye week, which gives him plenty of time to dive into the playbook, get fully healthy and get back onto the practice field ahead of the Week 9 showdown against the Tennesse Titans on “Sunday Night Football.”

Toney will get a fresh start in Kansas City and get a chance to put whatever happened in New York behind him.

28 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Im a little confused here. I've read where it's a conditional puck, then I've read it's a compensatory pick.. Pretty sure they aren't the same thing.

I believe the Chiefs traded their second pick in the third round which was the compensatory pick they received for Foles.  That, and the sixth, are conditional, probably based on the health of Toney.  Just my guess. 

Everything I have read it is our 3rd round comp pick and a 6th round pick. The 6th round pick could be the fact of it being conditional on which one they get. Will it be ours or the one we got from Miami either based off what Toney does here or whatever one they chose to give if one or the other is lower.

Most likely our pick in the 6th will be lower so if it was based off where we finished, that woul ld seem to have come out as saying they get the higher if the 2 picks. So this keads me to believe it is based of his performance to whether they get the higher 6th round pick or not.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Everything I have read it is our 3rd round comp pick and a 6th round pick. The 6th round pick could be the fact of it being conditional on which one they get. Will it be ours or the one we got from Miami either based off what Toney does here or whatever one they chose to give if one or the other is lower.

Most likely our pick in the 6th will be lower so if it was based off where we finished, that woul ld seem to have come out as saying they get the higher if the 2 picks. So this keads me to believe it is based of his performance to whether they get the higher 6th round pick or not.

The article that was posted said a conditional 3rd rd pick and a 6th rounder pick. The way it was worded its the 3rd that's conditional.

I see him jumping right in at PR and maybe KR.  Maybe some gadget plays on O.  I'm guessing he is a cheaper replacement for Hardman next year.  Someone will pay Hardman big/bigger money than we will want to and he walks and Toney takes his place as the slot.  One would also assume that Kafka would be honest about Toney to Reid and Veach so while the 3rd seems high it is a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd so basically a 4th but still.  If he works out then we got a steal if not he's gone in a year or two at minimal cost.

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

Dude has insane change of direction ability. He definitely will get some chances to show it off. My only issue with Toney is he comes off as being a punk. Not likeable makes it hard for me to root for him. There are also issues about his work ethic.

Maybe he will mature.  Several have, like Kelce, and many don't.  Toney is 23 and has a lot of growing to do.  Depends if someone here can mentor him and if h's willing to take council from them.  I'm just as concerned about his constant injuries.  Are they real or are they in the mind of a disgruntled player.  

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure a third and sixth is a low price with Veach's draft history..  Smith was a sixth and several thirds have worked out. 

Veach is way ahead of you.  This punk will be a bust, and Veach will trade him for 3 seventh round choices, all of which will become all-pro's. You're the one who is not giving Veach enough credit.

Let's give the young man the benefit of the doubt before we ever really see how he does here.

He could be coming from a very poor environment on NY and just had the ass because he wanted to play and contribute but was getting the cold shoulder. I haven't heard of any off the field issues while he was there.

I agree that he will need some positive influences, but let's just reserve judgement until he has been here for more than a minute.

Remember, tyreek had issues coming out of school and issues that his girlfriend was jacked up but for the most part he did fine here.

23 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Let's give the young man the benefit of the doubt before we ever really see how he does here.

He could be coming from a very poor environment on NY and just had the ass because he wanted to play and contribute but was getting the cold shoulder. I haven't heard of any off the field issues while he was there.

I agree that he will need some positive influences, but let's just reserve judgement until he has been here for more than a minute.

Remember, tyreek had issues coming out of school and issues that his girlfriend was jacked up but for the most part he did fine here.

a change of scenery can do wonders. I'm not mad about this trade at all.

56 minutes ago, robgar said:

andy reid and his new roomate Kelce will get him in order. 

One can hope. Not everyone respects and or loves Andy. I'm thinking about guys like Marcus Peters and LeSean McCoy. The risk vs. what the Chiefs might get from Toney on the field is worth it given what we gave up to get him. Gotta let it play out. 

I still want Veach to get some defensive help.😒

26 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't think we'll get anywhere close to our "money's worth" in 2022 but may be he could be someone they are looking at for 2023 and beyond. I think Juju will land a big FA deal elsewhere if he keeps up the recent performances. 

Mahes me wonder what's a fair deal for JuJu.  At his current pace he is going to probably end up with around 80 catches and between 1100-1200 yds.   

21 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Mahes me wonder what's a fair deal for JuJu.  At his current pace he is going to probably end up with around 80 catches and between 1100-1200 yds.   

I think a long term deal that would average around 15 million per season based on the latest inflation.