Chiefs new WR

On 11/15/2022 at 8:49 AM, sith13 said:

Looks like we scratched one item off the to-draft list for next year. Might just try to keep Juju and be done at WR for next year. 

I agree.  There isn't anyone worth a big contract in FA imo.   We have MVS and Moore under contract and now Toney.  Juju makes the most sense to retain.  Plus Justyn Ross is another possibility if he can get healthy.  Maybe a mid round/late round pick or just bring Justin Watson back.   

I'm excited for this game.  This is the type of game Mahomes needs to win the MVP.  Two of the top 3 wr's are out.   We get to see more of Moore and Toney.  I imagine we will see more 3 tight end sets and we will get to see Andy Reid's a plus game plan as this game essentially wraps the division.   Chargers have a lot to play for but are banged up.  A lot of interesting storylines in this game.  Can't wait to put it to them!  

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm excited for this game.  This is the type of game Mahomes needs to win the MVP.  Two of the top 3 wr's are out.   We get to see more of Moore and Toney.  I imagine we will see more 3 tight end sets and we will get to see Andy Reid's a plus game plan as this game essentially wraps the division.   Chargers have a lot to play for but are banged up.  A lot of interesting storylines in this game.  Can't wait to put it to them!  

Agree. This game is where we need to run the ball. Long drives and beat the crap out of their defense. 

43 minutes ago, sith13 said:

His rookie deal is a good way to assess that without any real cap implications. However based on what he has shown so far it would be a shame for such potential fade away with nagging injuries. 

Speaking of Toney any word on him and JUJU for this week against Rams?

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Speaking of Toney any word on him and JUJU for this week against Rams?

Juju's was a bad concussion.  He was out for abour 5 minutes on the field and in a "fencing posture."  I would not expect him this week. It depends totally on his neurologic exam and symptoms. We need him at 100% for the final run to the playoffs. That could take a few weeks.  I can't believe that the Cisco Kid wasn't fined and suspended for that. He tried to do it to MVS immediately later. Headhunters have no business in this league. 

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Juju's was a bad concussion.  He was out for abour 5 minutes on the field and in a "fencing posture."  I would not expect him this week. It depends totally on his neurologic exam and symptoms. We need him at 100% for the final run to the playoffs. That could take a few weeks.  I can't believe that the Cisco Kid wasn't fined and suspended for that. He tried to do it to MVS immediately later. Headhunters have no business in this league. 

I actually miss the days of headhunters. I loved hard hitting football. I love paying the price for coming across the middle. Todays football would be considered touch football 20 years ago. As far as safety for the players go I have my opinion on that as well. There are people that do jobs that sre alot more dangerous than football who make a fraction of what these guys do. I feel in 10 more years football will be soccer.

47 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Just because a big football fan doesn't want to see a kid who has put his life into football be turned into a brain-damaged geek doesn't make you a wuss. Are you a parent? Are you from the Bay area? Are you a closet Raiders fan?  Is your kid out there? You like the Jovan Belcher story??

I coached played and my kids played. The way you are acting you must be from the bay area. Belcher story does not bother me didn't know him. Is it tragic yes but so is every other story out there. Can't change the world because of a small percent of the people. 1% percent of the population should not control the other 99%. I don;t see anyone worried about boxers or mma fighters. Listen these guys get paid to play the game they know the risk. I do not feel sorry for them one bit. Quit making the game soft for the bubble wrap people out there. 

47 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Arthur, what would you be saying if Cisco hit Mahomes in the head like that and took the edge off HIS career for the rest of it? How would you like someone to hunt YOUR head so that the guy next to you could pay money to enjoy that?

been there. I knew the risk. They do not have to play. 

Well, Arthur, you make some good points.  They are your own and based, from what you say, on your own personal experience.  Some people base everything on their own personal lives and experiences rather than from more widespread knowledge.  As a physician, I was paid to learn and practice based on a larger and more complete database, one that is continually changing and updatable.  If you want to narrow your opinions to yourself, that's fine.  I am in no position to judge that.  But in the small case that you want to learn more and possibly change your views, here is a good start from Wikipedia.  Some of this is too detailed, but read some of the last portions of each section, to see where I am coming from.Chronic traumatic encephalopathy - Wikipedia.webloc

35 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Well, Arthur, you make some good points.  They are your own and based, from what you say, on your own personal experience.  Some people base everything on their own personal lives and experiences rather than from more widespread knowledge.  As a physician, I was paid to learn and practice based on a larger and more complete database, one that is continually changing and updatable.  If you want to narrow your opinions to yourself, that's fine.  I am in no position to judge that.  But in the small case that you want to learn more and possibly change your views, here is a good start from Wikipedia.  Some of this is too detailed, but read some of the last portions of each section, to see where I am coming from.Chronic traumatic encephalopathy - Wikipedia.webloc

I have read and it still does not change my opinion. Making the game "safer" is making the game not as much fun to watch. Sorry I enjoy hard hits I enjoy collisions watching and partaking in( when I was younger) Sorry if I think hard hits belong in football. I just do not like powderpuff football. Thi sgame I love is not there yet but its getting there more and more every year we let soccer moms make the rules.

36 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I have read and it still does not change my opinion. Making the game "safer" is making the game not as much fun to watch. Sorry I enjoy hard hits I enjoy collisions watching and partaking in( when I was younger) Sorry if I think hard hits belong in football. I just do not like powderpuff football. Thi sgame I love is not there yet but its getting there more and more every year we let soccer moms make the rules.

nobody said hard hits don't belong...   just keep it below the neck....