Chiefs new WR

11 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

nobody said hard hits don't belong...   just keep it below the neck....

Exactly.  I enjoy skilled players with long careers hitting each other hard anywhere except in the head.  Hitting people who deserve to not eat wearing a bib and wear diapers and can carry on understandable conversations when they reach 60.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Exactly.  I enjoy skilled players with long careers hitting each other hard anywhere except in the head.  Hitting people who deserve to not eat wearing a bib and wear diapers and can carry on understandable conversations when they reach 60.

EHHH. The are rewarded substationally. I mean people that install carpet for al living make if they are lucky 6 figures a year but alot of them can't walk when thy get in their 60's. That can go for alot of careers out there. So grown men playing a game making more money than most will ever see in a lifetime I have a hard time feeling sorry for.

25 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

EHHH. The are rewarded substationally. I mean people that install carpet for al living make if they are lucky 6 figures a year but alot of them can't walk when thy get in their 60's. That can go for alot of careers out there. So grown men playing a game making more money than most will ever see in a lifetime I have a hard time feeling sorry for.

And we all know that 21 year olds always consider the risks before doing something dangerous :lol:

3 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I have read and it still does not change my opinion. Making the game "safer" is making the game not as much fun to watch. Sorry I enjoy hard hits I enjoy collisions watching and partaking in( when I was younger) Sorry if I think hard hits belong in football. I just do not like powderpuff football. Thi sgame I love is not there yet but its getting there more and more every year we let soccer moms make the rules.

That's just your chronic traumatic encephalopathy talking.

2 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Don’t install carpet if you can’t handle it. Right? Isn’t that what you just said about playing football? 

You’d probably be the first whining if someone targeted Mahomes. 

I remember when Lenny the cool was speared by Ben Davidson. It was perfectly legal back then. 

Not that hard to not target the head.  Kind of dumb to do it otherwise, imo.  Frankly we just know more about the effects of even small repeated hits to the head.  Spoiler alert: it's not good.  Frankly would not surprise me if some in here had it from HS football.  Sure would explain a lot of the stupid ass posts I read.

13 hours ago, mex said:

Don’t install carpet if you can’t handle it. Right? Isn’t that what you just said about playing football? 

You’d probably be the first whining if someone targeted Mahomes. 

I remember when Lenny the cool was speared by Ben Davidson. It was perfectly legal back then. 

you proved my point don't play football if you can't handle it.

12 hours ago, xen said:

Not that hard to not target the head.  Kind of dumb to do it otherwise, imo.  Frankly we just know more about the effects of even small repeated hits to the head.  Spoiler alert: it's not good.  Frankly would not surprise me if some in here had it from HS football.  Sure would explain a lot of the stupid ass posts I read.

Including some of your own? I know I have alot of them. Listen when did we get so fucking soft. Granted I do not want to see anyone get hurt but i also do not want to see flag football either. And yes you can still hit hard and not hit the head but anyone with common sense knows the hit may cause you to hit your head and get knocked loopy. Just saying if football continues down this path we will have a bunch of padded up soccer players. Just my opinion. Is it right I don't know but its mine.

3 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Including some of your own? I know I have alot of them. Listen when did we get so fucking soft. Granted I do not want to see anyone get hurt but i also do not want to see flag football either. And yes you can still hit hard and not hit the head but anyone with common sense knows the hit may cause you to hit your head and get knocked loopy. Just saying if football continues down this path we will have a bunch of padded up soccer players. Just my opinion. Is it right I don't know but its mine.

Happy Thanksgiving, Arthur.  Oh, BTW.  Don't forget your bib today.

9 hours ago, arthur75 said:

Oh I'm almost sure I have CTE.  Or a lobotomy.  Or a vitamin D deficiency.  One of those 3.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, xen said:

dude couold of and had time to lower his shoulder and head three inches.. for what is really the most vicious legail hit in football.. shoulder pads to soft rib tissue, driving through the ball.. 

no.. he went with a hit to the head.  

10 minutes ago, mex said:

On another note... what the hell ever happened to Cornell Powell? Practice squad with lower round picks already on the depth chart. Man what a disappointment. Had high hopes for him.

Didn't they bring him up to the roster for the LAC game?  Guess he wasn't in the 47 actives for the day. 

11 hours ago, mex said:

On another note... what the hell ever happened to Cornell Powell? Practice squad with lower round picks already on the depth chart. Man what a disappointment. Had high hopes for him.

I had very low expectations for him (off the roster in first year).  In that respect he has exceeded all expectations.  All a matter of perspective I suppose.

10 hours ago, xen said:

I had very low expectations for him (off the roster in first year).  In that respect he has exceeded all expectations.  All a matter of perspective I suppose.

Powell and Kaindoh are the two head scratchers in an otherwise good draft class.  Hard to see either of them contributing in the future. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:52 PM, mex said:

Cornell Powell elevated to the active roster for the game against the Rams tomorrow.  Played one snap on offense last week and half of the special teams plays. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Maybe the Giants wanted a player who isn't hurt all the time. Toney has missed a bunch of games so far. 

Yeah. They lost their patience, despite his very special skills. Some guys just turn out to be injury prone.  It is called the "PPP Syndrome"  (Piss Poor Protoplasm). The Chiefs are in a position to afford a little patience, a least for  awhile. I don't  think fans ever are. We want it all, and we want it NOW, dammit.  If his hamstring is just an early career fluke due to an undemanding/weak training camp and trainers, he could be well worth the wait.  He has good hands and some pretty amazing moves. He needs an Andy Reid training camp in the brutal heat, and strengthening...and maybe some plain old good luck.