Draft in KC News

KANSAS CITY - The 2023 NFL Draft will be held in Kansas City from Thursday April, 27 through the 29. The NFL Draft officially opens at 7 p.m. on the respective Thursday.

Officials from the National Football League and the Kansas City Sports Commission provided an update Thursday on the plans for the event itself.

John Barker, senior vice president of global event operations and production at the NFL, and Kathy Nelson, president of the Kansas City Sports Commission, spoke to the members of the Kansas City Council.

The plans they unveiled reveled a preliminary site plan for the event at Union Station. The plan is to have the main stage be in front of the station.

“We are unbelievably excited about this,” Barker said. “This one has all the markings of being special.”

Officials are also preparing for a draft day fan event that will take place on the north and south side of Liberty Memorial. That event will start at noon on Thursday. 

Events will continue at noon Friday, April 28, with rounds two and three will start at 6 p.m. The three-day event continues on Saturday, April 29, with the Draft Experience opening at 10 a.m. and rounds 4-7 of the draft starting at 11 a.m.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

As I've said....went to the draft when it was held in Nashville a couple years ago. We had an absolute blast at the NFL Experience and the draft itself was pretty awesome. Got to see Mahomes being interviewed on ESPN. I highly recommend anyone go and immerse yourself in it.

Do you buy tickets or just show up.  We already have a airbnb rented close by.

22 hours ago, xen said:

Do you buy tickets or just show up.  We already have a airbnb rented close by.If I recall we just went online and got 

If I recall.....we just went online to the NFL draft sight and registered. We got codes which they scanned at the entrance and they gave us bracelets. You have to wait within a certain time frame of the draft in order to register. It's easy but you have to be on top of it.