33 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I purpose trade Hardman and a second and 5th round pick with the second in next years and the 5th in 2024. Oh and throw in Ronald Jones. I think The Jags might just take that. 

Hell the 2nd this year and next would do it lol. Trade Jones for a 6th and keep Hardman.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

how we gonna pay for him? Today  on Pre Game said it would be a 1rst at least.

He has has 2.5 , 7.5, and 3 sacks(2022) in his first 3 years.   While he is a 7th overall pick those numbers hardly scream 1st round pick.   We can afford him this year and his hit next year is like 10 million.   We could afford him but I don't think we pony up a first.   I could see a 2nd and 4th/5th but doubt they take that even though they should because he is likely gone after next year.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

As always, I trust veach. I have never cared about draft picks. EVER. I’ll take proven guys. 

If it was as easy as trading picks for proven players, sure. Its not that easy.

when you trade for proven guys you also have to allocate them cap space.

the question you have to ask is this player worth a pick and cap space for their production, or can we use a 1st round pick on a similar player at the end of the first that will make 2 mil a year instead of 10

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If it was as easy as trading picks for proven players, sure. Its not that easy.

when you trade for proven guys you also have to allocate them cap space.

the question you have to ask is this player worth a pick and cap space for their production, or can we use a 1st round pick on a similar player at the end of the first that will make 2 mil a year instead of 10

My preference is using draft picks to move up for a player in the draft, not to get a higher cost vet.  Sure, there are exceptions but the upside has to be clear and certain, at least as certain as it can be in sports  I don't see Allen as a game changer that will increase the SB odds all that much..  

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My preference is using draft picks to move up for a player in the draft, not to get a higher cost vet.  Sure, there are exceptions but the upside has to be clear and certain, at least as certain as it can be in sports  I don't see Allen as a game changer that will increase the SB odds all that much..  

Yeah that's kind of how i see Allen.  Honestly think you might get as much from someone like Jerry Hughes from Houston for less.

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

As always, I trust veach. I have never cared about draft picks. EVER. I’ll take proven guys. 

Not so sure he is the proven guy you want to burn a bunch of draft capital on.  He has upside but its year three and he has yet to set the league on fire.  He would be a big upgrade for us but that isn't saying much.   And while we won't find a more talented DE where we draft we can still find great value at other positions.  It definitely a balance.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Not so sure he is the proven guy you want to burn a bunch of draft capital on.  He has upside but its year three and he has yet to set the league on fire.  He would be a big upgrade for us but that isn't saying much.   And while we won't find a more talented DE where we draft we can still find great value at other positions.  It definitely a balance.

Wow. Lots of words out in my mouth. I did not say give up a first. I said I trust veach.

now; you better get someone cause this bills offense is scary good. And then they make you work hard on offense. 

Out of all the options at realistic DE's out there who makes the biggest impact, regardless of cost?   

I think Cam Jordan, Brian Burns, or Bradley Chubb (no way they trade him to us) makes the most impact, and are probably the only two that get us the 4 man front that can generate consistent pressure. They are also the most expensive.   The rest probably help situationally but don't get us what we need.    A few of you have mentioned Jerry Hughes and I think he is probably the best option.  Would be and should be very cheap.  Playing on a horrible team that should be desperate for more picks.  He gives us a DE we don't have a speed rusher.  

Outside of Hughes, I wonder if a better or efficient answer would be adding another interior rusher like DaRon Payne or maybe trying to pry JJ Watt from Arizona.