9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Out of all the options at realistic DE's out there who makes the biggest impact, regardless of cost?   

I think Cam Jordan, Brian Burns, or Bradley Chubb (no way they trade him to us) makes the most impact, and are probably the only two that get us the 4 man front that can generate consistent pressure. They are also the most expensive.   The rest probably help situationally but don't get us what we need.    A few of you have mentioned Jerry Hughes and I think he is probably the best option.  Would be and should be very cheap.  Playing on a horrible team that should be desperate for more picks.  He gives us a DE we don't have a speed rusher.  

Outside of Hughes, I wonder if a better or efficient answer would be adding another interior rusher like DaRon Payne or maybe trying to pry JJ Watt from Arizona. 

On the eve of the Nov. 1 NFL trade deadline, The Athletic writes, "People with knowledge of the Payne market believe a 2023 second-round pick is possible trade compensation.''

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

HUH. 

You were telling me it took a draft pick to get pat … I’m saying we don’t need to draft a pat … I’m also saying that we have missed a million times… so I don’t care about the draft picks at the moment.. especially if we can lock up a pass rusher for the future. Whoever that may be 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Out of all the options at realistic DE's out there who makes the biggest impact, regardless of cost?   

I think Cam Jordan, Brian Burns, or Bradley Chubb (no way they trade him to us) makes the most impact, and are probably the only two that get us the 4 man front that can generate consistent pressure. They are also the most expensive.   The rest probably help situationally but don't get us what we need.    A few of you have mentioned Jerry Hughes and I think he is probably the best option.  Would be and should be very cheap.  Playing on a horrible team that should be desperate for more picks.  He gives us a DE we don't have a speed rusher.  

Outside of Hughes, I wonder if a better or efficient answer would be adding another interior rusher like DaRon Payne or maybe trying to pry JJ Watt from Arizona. 

The broncos are very dumb 

44 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You were telling me it took a draft pick to get pat … I’m saying we don’t need to draft a pat … I’m also saying that we have missed a million times… so I don’t care about the draft picks at the moment.. especially if we can lock up a pass rusher for the future. Whoever that may be 

Hill, Jones, Bolton, Gay, Pacheco, just to name a few. Even the 7th round has been money for Veach. Missed a Million? Exaggeration? Trade and sign of Clark and Brown are misses in my book. Lost picks and paying huge salaries. 

42 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Hill, Jones, Bolton, Gay, Pacheco, just to name a few. Even the 7th round has been money for Veach. Missed a Million? Exaggeration? Trade and sign of Clark and Brown are misses in my book. Lost picks and paying huge salaries. 

For every hit, I’ll give you 10 misses. Not an exaggeration. It’s my opinion, I’ll take a proven player. Yes salary cap matters. But I’ll trust veach on this. And chiefs can win now.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

For every hit, I’ll give you 10 misses. Not an exaggeration. It’s my opinion, I’ll take a proven player. Yes salary cap matters. But I’ll trust veach on this. And chiefs can win now.

Its not 10 to 1. That means less than one pick each year makes the team. Every team has hits and misses. But hey its just your opinion and you get to keep it.

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Are you claiming that it's a 90% bust rate?  What's the rate on those players the Chiefs have received in exchange for draft picks and what is the cost differential? 

Far from bust. We got years out of Fisher and he was not great but above average. He also was one of the few that did not bust in the first couple years from that draft. Ford did well enough the last 2 years before being traded for a 2nd round pick, so we got high value there. Same with Peter's imo.

Mahomes was the best trade up and 1st round pick for us ever. CEH has not lived up to a late 1st rounder and had health issues along with never really being used period. Far to early on this year picks to be evaluated. I think we have done well overall with our picks. There is always the hindsight 20/20 crowd, but we got use and value out of our picks so far and Mahomes is the gift that keeps on giving.

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

On the eve of the Nov. 1 NFL trade deadline, The Athletic writes, "People with knowledge of the Payne market believe a 2023 second-round pick is possible trade compensation.''

Would you trade that?  Not for a half season rental.  If they don't plan on resigning him they might be lucky to get a 3rd.

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Give up a 2, we better damn well re-sign him in the offseason. 

That is a lot to give up for a guy who will want 10 plus million a year.   I just can't seeing Veach and company doing that.  He would help us but that is a lot of draft capital and then a big contract.   I would pass.

Ravens acquired LB Roquan Smith from the Bears in exchange for LB A.J. Klein and 2023 second- and fifth-round picks.

The Bears have now traded a key member of their defense in back-to-back weeks, after trading defensive end Robert Quinn to the Eagles last week. Smith, has appeared in all eight games for the Bears this season, totaling 83 tackles, four TFLs and 2.5 sacks. The former No. 8 overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft is a two-time Second-team All-Pro (2020, 2021) and is in the final year of his rookie contract. Baltimore will likely look to re-sign Smith next offseason, but will also need to work out a long-overdue deal with quarterback Lamar Jackson. The Ravens also sent linebacker A.J. Klein to the Bears in exchange for Smith.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Context

2016 we traded back a few spots with San Fran towards the top of the 2nd and took Chris Jones

2018 we practically gave away to Buffalo during the 2017 draft and got nothing for it in return.  I do not remember who we traded up for in 2017.

2019 Frank Clark

2021 OBJ

So only 2 of those were traded for vets.

10 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Give up a 2, we better damn well re-sign him in the offseason. 

I wouldn't do it without contract extension framework in place.  They're missing picks.  May take a 3rd.  He'd sure help the line.

Swap our disgruntled RB for theirs while we're at it (Gibson)

9 minutes ago, xen said:

I wouldn't do it without contract extension framework in place.  They're missing picks.  May take a 3rd.  He'd sure help the line.

Swap our disgruntled RB for theirs while we're at it (Gibson)

Would love this deal. We need help on the interior just as much as on the edge. What time is the deadline tomorrow?

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Rams offered two first-round draft picks for Panthers EDGE Brian Burns. 

Last week's reports of Carolina fielding massive offers for Burns were not, it turns out, a smoke screen. The Rams, per Breer, were once again going with the "eff them picks" approach to team building as the team collapses on itself after its 2021 Super Bowl run. Burns is set to hit free agency and currently has four sacks, putting him on pace for a career year. That the Panthers didn't take two first rounders for Burns is stunning. The team seems incapable of committing to a full-blown rebuild.