16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That is a lot to give up for a guy who will want 10 plus million a year.   I just can't seeing Veach and company doing that.  He would help us but that is a lot of draft capital and then a big contract.   I would pass.

Should have an extension in place to give up a prime pick but then again it turns into the Frank Clark deal. Would hate to see something like that again. Should be giving up a lot less if we are to pay the guy. 

21 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

Jerry Hughes is probably the least costley and still very effective.

Denver is not going to trade to a division rival, and Burns will be too expensive draft capital wise.

Hughes is the best option  ATM, I would hope Veech goes that route.

but as has been posted earlier and this .that does not seem likely

https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-unwilling-to-trade-jerry-hughes-despite-interest-from-multiple-teams/

Bears acquired WR Chase Claypool from the Steelers for a 2023 second-round pick.

Ian Rapoport reports that it is Chicago's own second-rounder, not Baltimore's via the Roquan Smith trade. Claypool will immediately slot in as Chicago's No. 2 receiver, which should give him more volume in fantasy even if the offense he's joining isn't exactly prolific throwing the ball. He may eventually overtake Darnell Mooney. It's a bit puzzling that the Bears decided to give up a second-rounder for a third-year receiver without a 1,000-yard season to his name and just a year-and-a-half of his rookie deal left. But they did have a major hole to be filled at the spot and were using reclamation projects like Equanimeous St. Brown and N'Keal Harry as starters. 

Dolphins acquired EDGE Bradley Chubb and a 2025 fifth-round pick from the Broncos in exchange for RB Chase Edmonds, a 2024 fourth-round pick, and San Francisco's 2023 first-round pick.

The Dolphins certainly are going for it, as they've signaled since the Tyreek Hill trade. Chubb will give them another devastating option off the EDGE, and heading into the final year of his rookie contract Adam Schefter reports that Chubb will sign a long-term extension with the Dolphins. Miami has roughly $18 million in free cap space for 2023 per Over The Cap, so they'll likely have to do some re-negotiations to tie all this together. But in the short-term, it's a huge acquisition for the Dolphins' chances of making the playoff

27 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Chiefs are gonna sit back and let all the other teams spend draft picks and money and we will generate no pressure on the QB with the front 4...

Sky is not falling. We got Toney and still have 11 picks is it? Plus cap space coming. I mean look at the  west and what they did. We traded our best receiver and yet, still leading the division. 

25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sky is not falling. We got Toney and still have 11 picks is it? Plus cap space coming. I mean look at the  west and what they did. We traded our best receiver and yet, still leading the division. 

Sky is Falling Astronomy Club Member makes an appearance. LOL

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes ...but is leading and winning the division the end game? Not sure how or why the Chiefs are unable to get a stud DE but it is vital for this team to get over the hump IMO. Karlaftis is a guy who will be solid but I don't see him becoming a top tier pass rusher.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yes ...but is leading and winning the division the end game? Not sure how or why the Chiefs are unable to get a stud DE but it is vital for this team to get over the hump IMO. Karlaftis is a guy who will be solid but I don't see him becoming a top tier pass rusher.

The only one dealt so far is Chub and Denver was not trading him to KC. Teams likely want more from KC because they are a top three team year after year. Getting an AFC deal is really difficult when you have hosted 4 straight AFC Games. 

23 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The only one dealt so far is Chub and Denver was not trading him to KC. Teams likely want more from KC because they are a top three team year after year. Getting an AFC deal is really difficult when you have hosted 4 straight AFC Games. 

Yeah....I know Veach was pushing hard to get Allen from the Jags. But there are 4 positions that demand premium compensation for quality players. QB, LT, DE and CB. If you are a buyer for any of those positions you better pony up. 

22 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

That and anybody KC seemed to be interested in the team interested in trading said player didn't want to trade  or the asking price was more than Veach was willing to pay.  

58 minutes ago, dhitter said:

No it is not, but again we had a team lose by 4 to the Bills. We were not fully healthy, gave up points and as you mentioned George, many rookies will be better at the end of the year. I think we are in great position to still win it all and have cap space, picks and can do what we need to do after this season too. We are not all in as many seem to be. The chickens will come home to roost for many of these teams.

Falcons acquired CB Rashad Fenton from the Chiefs for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Fenton had played 74% of the snaps in every game from Week 1 to Week 5 and had 500+ defensive snaps in each of the last two seasons for Kansas City, but he was replaced by their youth at cornerback. The Falcons, badly in need of depth at the position with Casey Hayward and A.J. Terrell dealing with injuries, get someone with some actual experience to help bolster the position. This reads like a decent move for Atlanta, though Fenton is a pure rental as he's in the final season of his rookie deal.

43 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Falcons acquired CB Rashad Fenton from the Chiefs for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Fenton had played 74% of the snaps in every game from Week 1 to Week 5 and had 500+ defensive snaps in each of the last two seasons for Kansas City, but he was replaced by their youth at cornerback. The Falcons, badly in need of depth at the position with Casey Hayward and A.J. Terrell dealing with injuries, get someone with some actual experience to help bolster the position. This reads like a decent move for Atlanta, though Fenton is a pure rental as he's in the final season of his rookie deal.

I think it's funny they say Fenton was replaced by youth at the position. Isn't he like only 25? 

I imagine Veach worked the phones for various options at DE but had a limit to what he was willing to do.  Good for him.  Can't force teams to trade with us.   Teams are still chasing us and no one wants to help us get better.   I am surprised about Jerry Hughes and the Texans.  Talk about inept management?   Your team needs picks and multiple teams were interested an they held onto him.  

We still can win a SB and didn't mortgage anything.    I imagine our D will continue to improve as the year progresses.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I imagine Veach worked the phones for various options at DE but had a limit to what he was willing to do.  Good for him.  Can't force teams to trade with us.   Teams are still chasing us and no one wants to help us get better.   I am surprised about Jerry Hughes and the Texans.  Talk about inept management?   Your team needs picks and multiple teams were interested an they held onto him.  

We still can win a SB and didn't mortgage anything.    I imagine our D will continue to improve as the year progresses.

Agree. Im not so confident the D will get better. I dont see any quality depth. I do think the offense will get better and has depth. Just need the defense to get a few stops and the offense will carry this team. 

Defense should be better next year with more experience, another good draft and a key FA signing.

Veach and company stood pat. By doing this they have reiterated what was the thought circulating here, and probably there; it’s always been about 2023. There’s gonna be a lot of cap space next year and picks. Winning a super bowl this year is just a bonus.

by sending Fenton away you are also giving a vote of confidence and confirmation to: mcduffie, Watson, Williams, cook, et. Al. 

by not getting an end, you are continuing to give Karloftis live reps. -Again, 2023 thought process in play

when kc wins the super bowl, how deflating for everyone who is strapped and all in. Literally the bills are doing everything they can to dethrone kc! 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Veach and company stood pat. By doing this they have reiterated what was the thought circulating here, and probably there; it’s always been about 2023. There’s gonna be a lot of cap space next year and picks. Winning a super bowl this year is just a bonus.

by sending Fenton away you are also giving a vote of confidence and confirmation to: mcduffie, Watson, Williams, cook, et. Al. 

by not getting an end, you are continuing to give Karloftis live reps. -Again, 2023 thought process in play

when kc wins the super bowl, how deflating for everyone who is strapped and all in. Literally the bills are doing everything they can to dethrone kc! 

Good points. Agree. I read lots of stuff about teams mortgaging their future and yet the good teams seem to figure it out and stay competitive. Lots of boards say the same thing about KC with Mahomes KC will eventually BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

I think its as much about Veach seeing how the Clark trade and Brown trade are not working out long term.