1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Veach and company stood pat. By doing this they have reiterated what was the thought circulating here, and probably there; it’s always been about 2023. There’s gonna be a lot of cap space next year and picks. Winning a super bowl this year is just a bonus.

by sending Fenton away you are also giving a vote of confidence and confirmation to: mcduffie, Watson, Williams, cook, et. Al. 

by not getting an end, you are continuing to give Karloftis live reps. -Again, 2023 thought process in play

when kc wins the super bowl, how deflating for everyone who is strapped and all in. Literally the bills are doing everything they can to dethrone kc! 

Agreed... and the bills are shooting their wad this year it seems. This team was banged up big time... but only lost to the bills (the best team in the afc according to the pundits) by 4. I can't wait to play them when we're healthy. 

For the record... I think Karlaftis will come around. Our DL is at least serviceable when healthy, and next year with cap space and with all those picks... we're gonna be sitting in: 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree. Im not so confident the D will get better. I dont see any quality depth. I do think the offense will get better and has depth. Just need the defense to get a few stops and the offense will carry this team. 

Defense should be better next year with more experience, another good draft and a key FA signing.

West, I think you are going to be surprised with this D.  Our secondary will get better and that will buy our Dline a few extra opportunities per game.   We won't be elite but a stop or two more a game is all its going to take once our O works out the kinks of new personnel.

Just now, Calichief said:

I left this out of my original post too, but if you re watch games, the young corners are literally always in position. They are really glued to guys. It’s just a matter of time before they start breaking up passes and getting takeaways.

I get why KC did not want to do a big time trade for a DE I mean look at what Miami traded for Chubb, and be honest none of you would of given Denver that for him. Miami is going all in now. They are gonns be in Cap hell in a couple and be bottom dwellers for a long time. But I also feel like A mahomes and Reid combo does not come around very often. I feel to make the most of it you need to be aggressive. So let me ask you this. Would you settle for the next 10 years to win the division every year just to lose in the playoffs. Or would you rather have 2 more superbowls and a couple of blah blah years. So basically would you give up 10 years of playoff caliber  teams for 8 years of mediocre and 2 more superbowls? 

6 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

I get why KC did not want to do a big time trade for a DE I mean look at what Miami traded for Chubb, and be honest none of you would of given Denver that for him. Miami is going all in now. They are gonns be in Cap hell in a couple and be bottom dwellers for a long time. But I also feel like A mahomes and Reid combo does not come around very often. I feel to make the most of it you need to be aggressive. So let me ask you this. Would you settle for the next 10 years to win the division every year just to lose in the playoffs. Or would you rather have 2 more superbowls and a couple of blah blah years. So basically would you give up 10 years of playoff caliber  teams for 8 years of mediocre and 2 more superbowls? 

Isn’t there anything in between?   The two super bowls sound great… but the eight years of “meh” do not inspire enthusiasm. 

37 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Isn’t there anything in between?   The two super bowls sound great… but the eight years of “meh” do not inspire enthusiasm. 

Thats my point. I think there is a in between but you need to nail the draft. Because having draft picks are great if you pick lets say a Bolton but if you pick lets say a Sylvester Morris then you are not gaining anything. Yea you are bnot in cap hell but your also not a contender.  Its a fine line that I am sure I would not be good at I like to think I would be but lets be honest I do not think any of us would excel at this. Do you gamble with a college player that might do well at the next level or do you trade away said pick for a proven player that cost you the bank. I have a sloution to this problem. All the teams except KC has to follow the cap. There PERFECT. 

As long as Mahomes n Reid are the QB/HC combo KC will always be contenders. Xen pointed it earlier this year under the Mahomes Reid combo has won 12 games a year.  I don't think the meh years happen with that combo. 

Draft is crap shoot no doubt but going all in isn't guranteed to get you anything either.  

45 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

As long as Mahomes n Reid are the QB/HC combo KC will always be contenders. Xen pointed it earlier this year under the Mahomes Reid combo has won 12 games a year.  I don't think the meh years happen with that combo. 

Draft is crap shoot no doubt but going all in isn't guranteed to get you anything either.  

Yep just ask the Buffalo Bills with Jim Kelly. 0-4 in superbowls. I bet they would trade 3 of those superbowl appearances for 1 super bowl win. I am not satisfied with they win the devision every year just to lose in the playoffs.  Thats called being content. FUCK THAT its super bowl or bust every year. Should never be satisfied ever.

2 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Yep just ask the Buffalo Bills with Jim Kelly. 0-4 in superbowls. I bet they would trade 3 of those superbowl appearances for 1 super bowl win. I am not satisfied with they win the devision every year just to lose in the playoffs.  Thats called being content. FUCK THAT its super bowl or bust every year. Should never be satisfied ever.

I would rather be competitive every year and knowing that PM will win at least 2 of those 4 SBs. No way he goes 0-4! 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I would rather be competitive every year and knowing that PM will win at least 2 of those 4 SBs. No way he goes 0-4! 

As great as he is no man can win it by themselves, just not gonna happen. Que the Tampa tape please.  He tried in that game and failed. With this combo that KC has you better be trying ot win it every year but this combo does not come around but once in a lifetime. A year without a superbowl win is a wasted year. Remember all the NFL truly is is a rich mans Fantasy football league.

Just now, arthur75 said:

As great as he is no man can win it by themselves, just not gonna happen. Que the Tampa tape please.  He tried in that game and failed. With this combo that KC has you better be trying ot win it every year but this combo does not come around but once in a lifetime. A year without a superbowl win is a wasted year. Remember all the NFL truly is is a rich mans Fantasy football league.

We disagree. Im not all in SB or nothing. Its too easy to lose a game in the NFL. I enjoy a winning season even if the team falls short. Too many years of no playoff wins. I do not see PM losing 4 SBs. If he got to that game the TEAM got there not PM by himself. 

1 hour ago, arthur75 said:

Neither am i with just the division, in a year where KC was written off they are right there as one of the top 2 teams in the AFC and can still win it all without going all while other teams did and KC is set up better over the next 3-5 better  than anybody in the AFC at least.  

Other teams had to go all in to try n beat KC and in the end it may prove to be all for nothing.  

With Andy Reid and Mahomes as the two pillars of the team, we should be legit superbowl contenders as long as we refrain from moves like making frank clark the highest payed rusher and giving picks to do so, wasting cap space on hitchens, wasting 1st round picks on ceh, sticking to coaches multiple seasons too long (bob sutton, eb, toub) etc.

any reasonable series of average or above average decision making by the general manager should make us a threat for another decade.

9 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Neither am i with just the division, in a year where KC was written off they are right there as one of the top 2 teams in the AFC and can still win it all without going all while other teams did and KC is set up better over the next 3-5 better  than anybody in the AFC at least.  

Other teams had to go all in to try n beat KC and in the end it may prove to be all for nothing.  

The way I see it is that a good team can go all in and have maybe one chance in five of winning the SB.  If they mortgage the future to take that shot and fail (which most will), they are worse off.  Example:  Denver, Las Vegas, maybe Miami and that's just the AFC this season.  Mahomes will be here another ten years, hopefully more if he stays effective.  He will have ten shots at more SBs with good cap management, superior drafting, and very judicious FA signings.  Why go all in and then have several down years?  Again, ask Denver fans how it feels to take the shot. 

19 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Agree except I dont think KC was ever written off. A slight downgrade: Yes.

Dolphins signed EDGE Bradley Chubb to a five-year, $119 million extension through 2027.

Miami acquired Chubb, who was in the final year of his rookie contract, just hours before the trade deadline. After giving up a 2023 first-round pick, a 2024 fourth-round pick and running back Chase Edmonds, the Dolphins were almost a lock to try and extend Chubb, but nobody expected a deal to get done this quickly. Set to earn $22 million per year over the next five seasons, Chubb's contract also includes $63.2 million in guaranteed money. With $7 million in guaranteed money left on his 2022 contract, Chubb's new deal will take effect at the start of the 2023 season, as Miami hopes to have secured one of the league's best pass rushers for years to come.

52 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Dolphins signed EDGE Bradley Chubb to a five-year, $119 million extension through 2027.

Miami acquired Chubb, who was in the final year of his rookie contract, just hours before the trade deadline. After giving up a 2023 first-round pick, a 2024 fourth-round pick and running back Chase Edmonds, the Dolphins were almost a lock to try and extend Chubb, but nobody expected a deal to get done this quickly. Set to earn $22 million per year over the next five seasons, Chubb's contract also includes $63.2 million in guaranteed money. With $7 million in guaranteed money left on his 2022 contract, Chubb's new deal will take effect at the start of the 2023 season, as Miami hopes to have secured one of the league's best pass rushers for years to come.

Has missed 24 out of a max 49 games in his career.

I wanted us to go out and bolster the defense. That having been said, it's refreshing to have lots of draft capital and options there. Chiefs could move up in the off-season and nab either an offensive tackle or DE. Which is what I expect they will do. In the meantime....teams still cur vets along the way. If we stand pat and are fully healthy the Chiefs are good enough to win it all.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

I wanted us to go out and bolster the defense. That having been said, it's refreshing to have lots of draft capital and options there. Chiefs could move up in the off-season and nab either an offensive tackle or DE. Which is what I expect they will do. In the meantime....teams still cur vets along the way. If we stand pat and are fully healthy the Chiefs are good enough to win it all.

Yep.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

It’s going to be really interesting when Tua needs to get paid.