6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not positive that I'm understanding what you are saying, but he has played in 49 out of 73 possible games.  Which is still a lot of missed games.  

Copied it off a news blurb that was obviously very wrong.  Played 49, missed 24.  Hasn't played a full slate since his rookie year.

15 hours ago, robgar said:

The draft is in KC

Mr. Hunt wants to make a  splash.. and excite the fans ini kc.. 

I think we trade up in the first round, and i am not sure that first round pick for next year is off the table to do it. 

Not sure about trading up as the price tag may be too high but I'm fairly sure Hunt wants a 1st round pick hosting the draft.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about trading up as the price tag may be too high but I'm fairly sure Hunt wants a 1st round pick hosting the draft.

I think this is being overly sold and is BS. Hunt wants another Ring, Andy, Veach and Patrick want another Ring. WTF cares about  pick # 29-30 just because it's in KC, 95% of the people there will probably be the same nimrods that went to NY or any of the other Draft Locations

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm confused.  Trading a first and some later pick or picks to move up will still be a first and get the fans excited.  If the Chiefs needs in this next draft are mainly limited to OT, DE, and WR, Veach might well trade multiple picks to move up for a stud DE.  OT is reported to be pretty thin for the next draft. 

On 11/4/2022 at 10:15 PM, jetlord said:

I'm confused.  Trading a first and some later pick or picks to move up will still be a first and get the fans excited.  If the Chiefs needs in this next draft are mainly limited to OT, DE, and WR, Veach might well trade multiple picks to move up for a stud DE.  OT is reported to be pretty thin for the next draft. 

Not really contradicting that. The price tag may being too high to trade up and my belief that Hunt would want a 1st round pick regardless are two points that may have resonated as a single one. 

On 11/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, oldtimer said:

I think this is being overly sold and is BS. Hunt wants another Ring, Andy, Veach and Patrick want another Ring. WTF cares about  pick # 29-30 just because it's in KC, 95% of the people there will probably be the same nimrods that went to NY or any of the other Draft Locations

I think it would be more of a publicity thing but in the end it wouldn't be a goal but rather a nice caveat while hosting the draft. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not really contradicting that. The price tag may being too high to trade up and my belief that Hunt would want a 1st round pick regardless are two points that may have resonated as a single one. 

Depends on how you define "trade up".  The Chiefs traded up to get McDuffie.  To get a premium DE or OT they might have to trade up further, say the top 15.  That will cost their first and maybe a couple of second day picks.  But the fans at the draft would still have more reason to get excited about picking earlier.  Just better not be another Ryan Sims. 

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Depends on how you define "trade up".  The Chiefs traded up to get McDuffie.  To get a premium DE or OT they might have to trade up further, say the top 15.  That will cost their first and maybe a couple of second day picks.  But the fans at the draft would still have more reason to get excited about picking earlier.  Just better not be another Ryan Sims. 

Not sure about the depth at each position but OT or DE will likely be the top priority which could determine the need to move up or stay put. With the way this season is going we could end up picking earlier than expected too, though that would be terrible to see.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about the depth at each position but OT or DE will likely be the top priority which could determine the need to move up or stay put. With the way this season is going we could end up picking earlier than expected too, though that would be terrible to see.

Get one in FA and the other in draft. Also like to see a good DT next to Jones for once.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Get one in FA and the other in draft. Also like to see a good DT next to Jones for once.

And Jones will be 30 by the end of his current deal. Definitely a top candidate to leave so DT should get some priority this offseason. 

15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

And Jones will be 30 by the end of his current deal. Definitely a top candidate to leave so DT should get some priority this offseason. 

be curious to see if the Chiefs can extend him for another 3 years and mellow out his Cap hit but yea he'd benefit greatly with an impressive DT at his side

Just now, oldtimer said:

be curious to see if the Chiefs can extend him for another 3 years and mellow out his Cap hit but yea he'd benefit greatly with an impressive DT at his side

That would be great IMO but not sure if he'll settle for another shorter term deal but age will likely force him to a longer one even if it's effectively a 3-year deal. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Sucks because he's the only success story we have have at that position since like Neil Smith 

yea but Smiths success was tied to DT coming offthe other End..cant think of a DT we've had  since maybe Salamua (sp?) that was force but he had DT and NS on the edges as well

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea but Smiths success was tied to DT coming offthe other End..cant think of a DT we've had  since maybe Salamua (sp?) that was force but he had DT and NS on the edges as well

We haven't done a good job drafting quarterbacks or wide receivers either.  But mostly because we have just not tried.  Bless their little hearts they have tried hard on defensive line.

We did ok a couple times on the edge--Hali and Jared Allen.  But man.

Speaks, KPass, Dee Ford, Poe, Tyson Jackson, Magee, Dorsey, McBride, Tank Tyler, Siavii, Sims, Freeman, Downing and Browning were all high picks.  

Then free agents Kendrell Bell and Chester.  

That's a lot of swings and misses.  

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

Chris jones is a freak at DT.. they dont grow on trees and there not in every draft. 

Agree 100%!

I just realized that Simmons also played at Miss St. Damn! 

Veech should be trying to put something together for an extension for Jones...At least I hope.

Then start looking for his replacement in the next draft or two.

Having a Stud in the middle has made the defense "respectable" since he's been here. 

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

Poe, was close until he hurt his back. Simms, had promise.. but his body wouldnt hold up. this is not a nice place.. this DT position.. it is not for nice people. 

You gotta be insane for this one. 

Ok, so here's a question?  How long is the average career of a great DT?  I mean I can think of 2 or 3 that stick out, but none of them last real long.  Sapp was one, and the only other one I can think of is Aaron Donald. Suh was good for a few years, but has not been dominant since, and he was supposed to be the can't miss prospect.  I'm guessing most have a 4-5 year career and the bodies can no longer hold up?  I don't feel like researching it.