Derrick Henry

This guy ran for 219 yards this week.  Are we equipped to deal with him? Glad we have Bolton.  What can we limit Henry to?  One thing is certain: He is going to chew up a lot of clock. We sure will not have the possession time to score a shitload of points like we did against SF. Tennessee is 5-2 just like us.

The bye isn't always a big advantage other than healing from injuries. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This guy ran for 219 yards this week.  Are we equipped to deal with him? Glad we have Bolton.  What can we limit Henry to?  One thing is certain: He is going to chew up a lot of clock. We sure will not have the possession time to score a shitload of points like we did against SF. Tennessee is 5-2 just like us.

The bye isn't always a big advantage other than healing from injuries. Thoughts?

Hopefully, Reid will use the same strategy as usual....Score often and efficiently and take Henry out of the game..

The Titans are one of those teams that always seems to give the Chiefs trouble. The ironic thing is that the Chiefs have actually done a good job keeping Henry in check. Chiefs have shit the bed the last two regular season games against them. I'm hoping they remember this and plan accordingly.

Well living in enemy territory I can tell you they are definitely confident about the game Sunday. I'd say overconfident but who knows? They've had our number the past couple of regular season meetings. Personally they aren't as good as their record but Chiefs still need to bring their "A" game.

The team knows what to do.  The last two times the chiefs have played against Henry, he had 29 carries for 86 yards and 19 carries for 69 yards.  He may have a good day, but he won't have a monster day that destroys the team.  If the chiefs just do what they've been doing, they will be fine...

This may not matter, but they haven’t came to Arrowhead in awhile. I don’t think they played here since Mahomes has been starting. They do give the Chiefs a hard time but (fingers  crossed) this time will be different.

If Tannehill still is moving gingerly on his sprained ankle, they are a one-dimensional team, but we saw last week what they can do with that one dimension!  I think their collective memory of beating us so much in recent years may be our best ally, as dhitter said. Henry is going to get his yards, and the Titans are going to get two or three touchdowns against us and a field goal or two, but we can score at least 4 times against them.  The biggest thing is not making stupid turnovers and penalties. If we turn the ball over twice, we will probably lose.  When we are stopped, merely use Townsend to flip the field. Our time of possession will not be what it has been, but we should not try to get too fancy to score more quickly.  We just need patience and work down the field methodically.  I agree with the comment about getting a two score lead to make them pass more than they would like.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If Tannehill still is moving gingerly on his sprained ankle, they are a one-dimensional team, but we saw last week what they can do with that one dimension!  I think their collective memory of beating us so much in recent years may be our best ally. Henry is going to get his yards, and the Titans are going to get two or three touchdowns against us, but we can score at least 4 times against them.  The biggest thing is not making stupid turnovers and penalties. If we turn the ball over twice, we will probably lose.  When we are stopped, merely use Townsend to flip the field. Our time of possession will not be what it has been, but we should not try to get too fancy to score more quickly.  We just need patience and work down the field methodically.  I agree with the comment about getting a two score lead to make them pass more than they would like.

Good info. They have played a really easy schedule. KC should be all in to stop the run early and make Tenn pass it.  Past games KC kind of took their foot off the gas and lost a couple games on really dumb plays. I see KC rolling. This is a good matchup for KC.

Chiefs activated CB Trent McDuffie (hamstring) from injured reserve.

McDuffie was designated for return on October 12th and has been practicing with the Chiefs ever since. The 2022 first-round pick was injured in the team's Week 1 win over the Cardinals, but will now make his long-awaited return to the field. McDuffie could have a chance to suit up for the Chiefs' Week 9 matchup against the Titans.

9 hours ago, qnet said:

This may not matter, but they haven’t came to Arrowhead in awhile. I don’t think they played here since Mahomes has been starting. They do give the Chiefs a hard time but (fingers  crossed) this time will be different.

We beat them in the afccg in Jan 2020