Derrick Henry

Just a few teams he has yet to beat, Titans being one of them. Seahawks and Rams he is 0-1, yet to play the Vikings as a starter and 0-2 against the colts regular season but we all remember that home playoff game we won....

https://www.covers.com/nfl/patrick-mahomes-record-against-every-nfl-team

Let's dive into Patrick Mahomes' accomplished career and see where he stacks up against each and every NFL team — both in the regular season and postseason. 

Team Mahomes' regular season record Mahomes' postseason record
Arizona Cardinals 2-0 N/A
Atlanta Falcons 1-0 N/A
Baltimore Ravens 3-1 N/A
Buffalo Bills 1-2 2-0
Carolina Panthers 1-0 N/A
Chicago Bears 1-0 N/A
Cincinnati Bengals  1-1 0-1
Cleveland Browns 2-0 1-0
Dallas Cowboys 1-0 N/A
Denver Broncos 9-0 N/A
Detroit Lions 1-0 N/A
Green Bay Packers 1-0 N/A
Houston Texans 1-1 1-0
Indianapolis Colts 0-2 1-0
Jacksonville Jaguars 2-0 N/A
Las Vegas Raiders 8-1 N/A
Los Angeles Chargers 6-2 N/A
Los Angeles Rams 0-1 N/A
Miami Dolphins 1-0 N/A
Minnesota Vikings N/A N/A
New England Patriots 2-1 0-1
New Orleans Saints 1-0 N/A
New York Giants 1-0 N/A
New York Jets 1-0 N/A
Philadelphia Eagles 1-0 N/A
Pittsburgh Steelers 2-0 1-0
San Francisco 49ers 2-0 1-0
Seattle Seahawks 0-1 N/A
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-0 0-1
Tennessee Titans 0-2 1-0
Washington Commanders 1-0

N/A

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he will "try to work him [Kadarius Toney] in" during the team's Week 9 game against the Titans.

Toney is practicing on Wednesday after missing weeks of practice prior to his trade. It sounds like he will be active for Week 9 but may be limited to a rotational role. Starting him in fantasy leagues would be a considerable risk. His upside in Kansas City is tantalizing, but Toney drafters would be smart to wait another week before getting him in their lineups.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he will "try to work him [Kadarius Toney] in" during the team's Week 9 game against the Titans.

Toney is practicing on Wednesday after missing weeks of practice prior to his trade. It sounds like he will be active for Week 9 but may be limited to a rotational role. Starting him in fantasy leagues would be a considerable risk. His upside in Kansas City is tantalizing, but Toney drafters would be smart to wait another week before getting him in their lineups.

Of course..I'd be willing a whole dollar, that Toney will be the punt returner this week...LOL.

Going forward

After the acquisition of wide receiver Kadarius Toney from the New York Giants — and trading cornerback Rashad Fenton to the Atlanta Falcons — the Chiefs' 2022 roster is mostly set. Heading into next year’s NFL Draft, Kansas City is projected to have 12 draft picks — along with $25 million in cap space and the ability to free up a lot more with a few moves.

But the team’s future isn’t about going all-in during any one year. Instead, it’s about trying to get as many rolls of the dice as possible. In how many years of the New England Patriots’ dynasty were they truly the NFL’s best team? Maybe half of them? The last Super Bowl was a great example of the two best teams failing to make it to the final game of the year.

With the arsenal of resources the Chiefs have at their disposal, they have the option to make big moves. As some of the other key players in the AFC are busy paying the check on their quarterbacks or expensive free agents, Kansas City is locked and loaded to be a big player.

The future for the roster is bright. Veach has proven that he can move on from star players like Hill (and safety Tyrann Mathieu) and rebuild through the draft. Mahomes has proven that he can elevate players around him.

Though it can be frustrating to see other teams make big moves at the trading deadline, just remember: Kansas City’s long-term plan remains in place.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/11/2/23436564/chiefs-gm-brett-veach-still-working-plan-begun-in-march

46 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Even though I agree with the sentiment I don't think anyone in KC is frustrated with the big moves others are making. It's not a bad thing to watch competition lose valuable picks only to face Mahomes magic when it really matters. 

Exactly.

13 hours ago, mex said:

We'll knock them off that rocker Sunday evening. 

Mex....I certainly hope so. I know this team cuz I live here and see all their business. Their plan is simple. Be physical and muck up the water. They don't care how ugly a game gets as long as they can win. That means turnovers, penalties, time of possession, field position and lots of Henry. If Chiefs get up by ten or more early....it's over. If we are going into the 4th quarter and Titans are hanging around or winning? Ughhh. We probably played into their hands.

32 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Mex....I certainly hope so. I know this team cuz I live here and see all their business. Their plan is simple. Be physical and muck up the water. They don't care how ugly a game gets as long as they can win. That means turnovers, penalties, time of possession, field position and lots of Henry. If Chiefs get up by ten or more early....it's over. If we are going into the 4th quarter and Titans are hanging around or winning? Ughhh. We probably played into their hands.

if the Chiefs win it'll be too close for comfort and they'll be the Heart Attack kids once again. If they lose the D-Line will look like Swiss Cheese and the 2nd guessing of no D-line help  by the trade Deadline will gain in volume not to mention that'll be 2 tiebreakers we lose in.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

if the Chiefs win it'll be too close for comfort and they'll be the Heart Attack kids once again. If they lose the D-Line will look like Swiss Cheese and the 2nd guessing of no D-line help  by the trade Deadline will gain in volume not to mention that'll be 2 tiebreakers we lose in.

Looking at Buffalo remaining schedule it wont matter. They have a very easy schedule to finish the season.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Willie Gay limited. This guy has so much talent but he needs to take the diapers off. If it’s not off the field stuff, it’s on the field stuff..

My understanding is that he has mental/emotional issues. What they mean by "limited" is anyone's guess. Whatever it is, it does not bode well.