To quote somebody that said something.  "It's early until it's not".  Still feels early, but we are approaching the halfway point and seems like the AFC West may have been a paper tiger going into the season.  The other 3 teams are a combined 9-13.   

The Chargers having picked up Khalil Mack and dropping 80 million on J C Jackson are now the 2nd worse scoring defense in the league at 27 points a game.  Realistically we are probably in a 2 horse race with them now, but so far, Chargers gonna Charge.

The Broncos went out and got their man at QB and are the 2nd worst scoring offense at 15 points a game.  3 and 5 but feel much worse than that.  Looking like their coach might not last the season.  

Raiders went out and got Chandler Jones and Adams.  And they are 2-5 with wins over the Texans and Broncos.  Realistically they are about out of the race already.  

Again, it's still early, but a bit of a lesson for all of us and the rest of the world that were talking about how we were shitting the bed in the offseason while the rest of the division was signing all the Avengers.  

13 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Still a lot of football left to be played...I won't count anyone out until we have locked up the division...But, i like the way things are going right now.

Yeah, I'm not counting anyone out either.  But it's getting hard to see a path for the Broncos to win the division.  They have 5 losses already and games against the Titans, Ravens, Chiefs, Chiefs, Chargers and Rams coming up.  They just traded their best defender and seem to be looking at next year.  Or some year that is not this year. 

There are some things that are pretty consistent. Not saying they are "locks"....but pretty dang close. One of those is Reid's domination of the division and the NFC which is nothing short of ridiculous. Another goes hand in hand... the abject failure of the other division teams to knock Reid and Co. off their perch. It's been a great ride.

The NFL and national media love them some Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Got to make the teams relevant in the newer markets. Russ was the darling QB out west but Pete Carroll looks like a genius right now when he knew he had lost a step.

Lastly, all three of these division foes have morons for coaches. McDaniels is another Belicheat dead branch. Staley thinks he is smarter than everyone and takes stupid risks that lose winnable games. Hackett was with a lot of putrid QBs and looks like a genius because Aaron Rodgers carried him the last couple of years.

It was beaten to death in another thread, but the Wilson, Mack, and Adams trades show what can happen when a team goes "all in" for a championship push.  Which team will be in the best shape two or three years down the road?  I'd pick the Chiefs at this point.  As for this season, the Chiefs are in great shape for another division title.  Raiders and Broncos are nearly out of it already and the Chargers absolutely have to beat the Chiefs in two weeks to stay in contention in spite of the ugly Colts loss in week three.  The Chiefs play the Rams, Cincy, and LAC.  They'll be favorites in every one of those games.  Chargers haven't taken over when the Chiefs have had their roughest stretch.  Life is good in the AFC West. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It was beaten to death in another thread, but the Wilson, Mack, and Adams trades show what can happen when a team goes "all in" for a championship push.  Which team will be in the best shape two or three years down the road?  I'd pick the Chiefs at this point.  As for this season, the Chiefs are in great shape for another division title.  Raiders and Broncos are nearly out of it already and the Chargers absolutely have to beat the Chiefs in two weeks to stay in contention in spite of the ugly Colts loss in week three.  The Chiefs play the Rams, Cincy, and LAC.  They'll be favorites in every one of those games.  Chargers haven't taken over when the Chiefs have had their roughest stretch.  Life is good in the AFC West. 

Max Kellerman on his show did a top 5 teams in the best shape for the next 5 years. He picked the Chiefs #1. Not just for the AFC West....but the entire NFL.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The NFL and national media love them some Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Got to make the teams relevant in the newer markets. Russ was the darling QB out west but Pete Carroll looks like a genius right now when he knew he had lost a step.

Lastly, all three of these division foes have morons for coaches. McDaniels is another Belicheat dead branch. Staley thinks he is smarter than everyone and takes stupid risks that lose winnable games. Hackett was with a lot of putrid QBs and looks like a genius because Aaron Rodgers carried him the last couple of years.

I’d like all of these dumbass coaches to stay in the division. Just win enough for owners to keep them. Chiefs would love that. 

My .02

Raiders are done…. I’m calling it for them

Donks….considering the still fact the chiefs twice, ravens, and titans this season…. I just don’t see them with a winning record.  

chargers…. No idea.  They are so damn inconsistent from week to week.  However in the next 4 games they face the 49ers, chiefs, and dolphins.  Could be done by that point.

I personally hope they all turn around just enough to have like 8-9 records so they pick not so high and retain their Coaches.  I have a gut feeling that Sean Payton will be coaching the chargers next year…. And that kinda worries me.

12 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

My .02

Donks….considering the still fact the chiefs twice, ravens, and titans this season…. I just don’t see them with a winning record.  

chargers…. No idea.  They are so damn inconsistent from week to week.  However in the next 4 games they face the 49ers, chiefs, and dolphins.  Could be done by that point.

I personally hope they all turn around just enough to have like 8-9 records so they pick not so high and retain their Coaches.  I have a gut feeling that Sean Payton will be coaching the chargers next year…. And that kinda worries me.

Chargers won yesterday with pure dumb luck.  A Falcon lineman picks up a fumble and runs upfield until he drops the ball without being touched.  Chargers recover and kick the winning FG.  For a team that was supposed to replace the Chiefs as the division champs, they look pretty ordinary so far.

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers in two weeks, they almost certainly win the AFCWest.  They still have a shot at top seed but the Bills have to lose a couple more.  Can't imagine any other team will get the #2 seed which means two home playoff games. 

Bills have a very easy sched.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chargers won yesterday with pure dumb luck.  A Falcon lineman picks up a fumble and runs upfield until he drops the ball without being touched.  Chargers recover and kick the winning FG.  For a team that was supposed to replace the Chiefs as the division champs, they look pretty ordinary so far.

Lol..It doesn't matter how they looked against the Falcons. They'll play us tough and possibly beat us. Hell, who knows.

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yes and Charger fans likely saying the same thing about KC. Just 1 game behind. Anything can happen. I like our chances.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, Chiefmanzada said:

This Reid and Mahomes duo is proving to be a Brady Belichick duo. Just the perfect storm 

I agree to a point but Andy had some success without Mahomes though Pat to it to a whole new level for him and us. Belichick, on the other hand, is a verifiable loser without Brady. 

12 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

My .02

Chargers have been playing without Allen and Williams. They’ll be there until the end.