SImmons says Tennessee will dominate the Chiefs O Line on Sunday

For the second time this season, an opposing defensive player has provided the Chiefs offensive line with some extra motivation.

First it was Buccaneers linebacker Shaquil Barrett in September and now Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons. Speaking Thursday night on SiriusXM NFL Radio with hosts Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan, Simmons was asked about facing the Chiefs again this Sunday night.

The teams will meet for the fifth time in five years. But the Chiefs have some new players on offense and Simmons was asked about seeing some different “wrinkles” from the Chiefs. “They have a good team,” Simmons said. “We know them. They know us. They haven’t changed. And honestly, we might be missing a couple pieces, but we haven’t changed, and the same with them. They’ve still got (Patrick) Mahomes, they’ve still got Travis Kelce. They want to get the ball to Travis Kelce a lot and you got Mahomes back there who is really a good player.”

Simmons then made mention of the betting line, which shows the Chiefs as a 12 1/2-point favorite despite both teams having a 5-2 record. That has given Simmons extra motivation and he believes he and his teammates will have success against the Chiefs line. Simmons even said the names of guards Trey Smith and Joe Thuney. “I live for games like this where no one expects us to go in and get a big win,” Simmons said. “I’m juiced up every game, but games like this just mean a little more to me because I know what type of team that we have in Tennessee.

“I know our front four especially, I watch tape so I’m looking at the offensive linemen that we have to play against, and I’m very confident that we can go out there and dominate them. “Like I said, they know us, we know them. I’m looking forward to the matchups up front. Whoever it may be. (Joe) Thuney or Trey Smith at the guard position. But I’m very confident in our defense going out there and having a great day.” That should get the attention of the Chiefs offensive line.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article268292102.html#storylink=cpy

17 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Simmons is a beast no doubt. They rely on their front four to get pressure and that includes the interior. They showed it last year with the same offensive line we are trotting out on Sunday.i hope our guys are motivated and ready 

Minus the fact obj has gotten worse this year.

My only concern about this game is Andy Reid’s atrocious record against the Titans. 
Including the postseason, Reid is a bleak 2-9 in his career against Tennessee, with both of his wins coming during his tenure with Kansas City. Disconcerting. But, Screw Simmons! Pancake his ass. GCG! 

21 hours ago, dhitter said:

Simmons is a beast no doubt. They rely on their front four to get pressure and that includes the interior. They showed it last year with the same offensive line we are trotting out on Sunday.i hope our guys are motivated and ready 

If our record in the past against them does not give us enough motivation, our bye week with refreshed bodies does not give us enough strength and stamina along the lines, our coach does not provide adequate strategy and game planning, and our playmakers and QB do not give us enough firepower and experience on offense, then we deserve to lose.  I think Simmons and his big mouth are just whistling in the dark.  He is facing a bigger, more experienced (by one year), and much better rested group of O-linemen.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If our record in the past against them does not give us enough motivation, our bye week with refreshed bodies does not give us enough strength and stamina along the lines, our coach does not provide adequate strategy and game planning, and our playmakers and QB do not give us enough firepower and experience on offense, then we deserve to lose.  I think Simmons and his big mouth are just whistling in the dark.  He is facing a bigger, more experienced (by one year), and much better rested group of O-linemen.

Agree. What's Andy's record after the bye?

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. However, I go back and watch several games the Chiefs have lost the past few years and ask myself "why did the Chiefs lose?" Different reasons.....turnovers,  giving up a couple big plays. Pat looks off, etc. Bottom line...none of those things were "expected" prior to going into the game. But they happened anyway. Colts look like a really bad team this year. We lost to them and only could muster 17 pts. I saw the same type of "we should roll these guys" comments prior to that game. 

33 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. However, I go back and watch several games the Chiefs have lost the past few years and ask myself "why did the Chiefs lose?" Different reasons.....turnovers,  giving up a couple big plays. Pat looks off, etc. Bottom line...none of those things were "expected" prior to going into the game. But they happened anyway. Colts look like a really bad team this year. We lost to them and only could muster 17 pts. I saw the same type of "we should roll these guys" comments prior to that game. 

It's very rare for any team to go through a season without losing to an underdog at least once.  Let's hope the Indy game is the only one for the Chiefs this year.  The Chargers will lose some too. 

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Well, those types of things are the main reason good teams lose during a season.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's very rare for any team to go through a season without losing to an underdog at least once.  Let's hope the Indy game is the only one for the Chiefs this year.  The Chargers will lose some too. 

Chargers squeaked by today again. That is 3 games they should have lost but barely ended up winning.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Chargers squeaked by today again. That is 3 games they should have lost but barely ended up winning.

And the Bills and Raiders?  Actually, the Chargers got lucky on a fumble play late in the game.  No team is immune from blowing games.  

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

And the Bills and Raiders?  Actually, the Chargers got lucky on a fumble play late in the game.  No team is immune from blowing games.  

I think the Ravens can win out, Easiest schedule you could ever create. Jackson is a choke in the big games but check out who they play.

They could be the one seed. Of course will lose the first playoff game. 

I think some people are getting the notion I'm saying the Titans will beat the Chiefs. Never said it.....not saying it now. Chiefs are by far the better team and should handle business. History indicates we struggle against this team and I attribute that to matchup and stylistic issues. Really these teams in many ways are different than the ones that faced off last year. Would love for the Chiefs to curb stomp them. 

40 minutes ago, mex said:

gloriousness.

the Jets did well in the draft and they are finally showing it.

Bills are 0-2 in their division which is interesting. AFC east proving not to be a cakewalk for them so far.  

2 hours ago, mex said:

That's what I was thinking. The odds are in for some turmoil this evening. 

Reid has a 20-3 record in the regular season following a bye week, with a 12-1 record at home in those scenarios. With quarterback Patrick Mahomes as his starter, he is 4-0