Game day thread. Chiefs vs titans

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

so your saying you want to have his baby?

You are so creative. So you use to support OBJ while I kept saying no. No real input from you just creative comments. LOL Still like him today? Want to give him the big contract? I hope he plays better and the Chiefs win. 

I dont care if KC cuts, trades, demotes or elevates Hardman. Dont care. I simply support his contributions based on the role he is playing. Last night he was critical to the teams success on offense and a couple of nice punt returns. At least he did not muff them. LOL Every player ,except Mahomes and Kelce , are replaceable.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire played just 17% of snaps in the Chiefs' Week 9 win over the Titans. 

Jerick McKinnon led the backfield with a 62% snap share, and Isiah Pacheco mixed in for 22%. The Chiefs' former first-round pick played just 27% of snaps in Week 7. The fact that he came out of Kansas City's Week 8 bye with a further reduced role is a major red flag for his value going forward. McKinnon looks spot startbable given his snap share and role in the passing game, but Edwards-Helaire should be glued to fantasy benches

Was out of town this weekend and only caught the score late last night.  Watched the game pass condensed version today.  Read through most of the game day thread.  

The offense was moving the ball but sputtering out a lot because of dumb play calls, ineffective run calls and productions, and untimely errors.   Kelce's tip int hurt, Mecole dropped 3rd down pass that hit him in the chest, and the piss poor blocking to name a few.  Mahomes was getting frustrated.  That forced deep ball to Moore in double coverage was a frustrating attempt.  The play before and two plays before he scrambled and the rb just stopped along the sideline and he had to motion for him to go and no one got open and when he ran out he looked frustrated.  Not sure if it was 100% because of the D or the poor game plan or execution.   

ST is a full blown joke this year.  Butker is making mental mistakes and we get so many flags thrown on ST that I'm actually shoked when there isn't one thrown.  The lone bright spot was Hardman, when he catches it cleanly.   

I'm not sure we have a RB on this roster worth keeping outside of McKinnon for his versatility.  Their Dline is stout but our Oline looks like he JV squad going against the all state varsity at times.   There is little to no push and our interior is far to good for that to be happening.   These shotgun handoffs give the RB no momentum to push the pile and our tackles allow entirely to many backside defenders to make plays.

Either our WR's aren't getting good seperation or the play calls take too long to develop and before they do the play breaks down and guys don't have a good feel where to be or go.  Not sure if its one or the other or a little of both.

Mahomes put the team on his shoulders when it mattered and willed us to victory.   With that said he was far from perfect.  He had some guys open that he just overthrew or missed.  He also had his wr's fail him to the tune of 6 drops.  Yikes.  This game felt like last year offense struggling to figure out the holes in the D.

This was an ugly game!   You have to win ugly games in the NFL.   This game was huge because the Bills lost and so now we are only 1 game back.   The Titans are always a tough matchup for us.  Doesn't matter if Tannehill played or not imo.  They have the identity of their HC.   He is this generations version of Marty Schottenhiemer.   Great coach but their O won't get it done in today's NFL. 

Final thoughts.   Kelce didn't have his best game,  Toney is going to be a weapon in this O, and this O needs a #1 wr to pair with Kelce, Juju, Moore and Toney next year and this D needs to make in hose changes on the dline.

5 hours ago, Palangi said:

The jags game scares me a little. Walker will destroy Wylie. As he can go speed and strength. 
Josh Allen will speed rush Brown all game

I think untimely penatlies and poor play calling and dropped passes affected the game yesterday more than the pass rush.  Sure it affected Mahomes but I think the other issued prevented us from scoring more than the pass rush.    I think Reid will bounce back with a great game plan and we score over 30.

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Was out of town this weekend and only caught the score late last night.  Watched the game pass condensed version today.  Read through most of the game day thread.  

The offense was moving the ball but sputtering out a lot because of dumb play calls, ineffective run calls and productions, and untimely errors.   Kelce's tip int hurt, Mecole dropped 3rd down pass that hit him in the chest, and the piss poor blocking to name a few.  Mahomes was getting frustrated.  That forced deep ball to Moore in double coverage was a frustrating attempt.  The play before and two plays before he scrambled and the rb just stopped along the sideline and he had to motion for him to go and no one got open and when he ran out he looked frustrated.  Not sure if it was 100% because of the D or the poor game plan or execution.   

ST is a full blown joke this year.  Butker is making mental mistakes and we get so many flags thrown on ST that I'm actually shoked when there isn't one thrown.  The lone bright spot was Hardman, when he catches it cleanly.   

I'm not sure we have a RB on this roster worth keeping outside of McKinnon for his versatility.  Their Dline is stout but our Oline looks like he JV squad going against the all state varsity at times.   There is little to no push and our interior is far to good for that to be happening.   These shotgun handoffs give the RB no momentum to push the pile and our tackles allow entirely to many backside defenders to make plays.

Either our WR's aren't getting good seperation or the play calls take too long to develop and before they do the play breaks down and guys don't have a good feel where to be or go.  Not sure if its one or the other or a little of both.

Mahomes put the team on his shoulders when it mattered and willed us to victory.   With that said he was far from perfect.  He had some guys open that he just overthrew or missed.  He also had his wr's fail him to the tune of 6 drops.  Yikes.  This game felt like last year offense struggling to figure out the holes in the D.

This was an ugly game!   You have to win ugly games in the NFL.   This game was huge because the Bills lost and so now we are only 1 game back.   The Titans are always a tough matchup for us.  Doesn't matter if Tannehill played or not imo.  They have the identity of their HC.   He is this generations version of Marty Schottenhiemer.   Great coach but their O won't get it done in today's NFL. 

Final thoughts.   Kelce didn't have his best game,  Toney is going to be a weapon in this O, and this O needs a #1 wr to pair with Kelce, Juju, Moore and Toney next year and this D needs to make in hose changes on the dline.

Why does this offense need a #1 WR? We are leading the league in passing yardage by almost 20 ypg. We lead the league in passing TDs per game. We lead the league in passing first downs per game. When is our passing offense good enough? 

I see a team who needs to pass block better and needs help on the d line. I dont see a team that's struggling to throw the ball. 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, azchief21 said:

Trey Smith wasn't happy with Simmons big mouth. I like the disrespectful nudge at the :22 mark 🤣

Good work by Smith, but I can't help seeing Wylie and OBJ get their asses kicked...Geez, both of them suck. 

6 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

OBJ moves like Boris Karloff in the Mummy. Kind of makes me miss Eric Fisher.💩

Yeah, at one time I thought he was a little better than Fisher, but I'm not sure he actually is now. I think the main thing is Fisher didn't demand to be paid like a top LT. 

7 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yeah, at one time I thought he was a little better than Fisher, but I'm not sure he actually is now. I think the main thing is Fisher didn't demand to be paid like a top LT. 

Watching OBJ makes me miss Fisher. I never thought Fisher was THAT bad but Fish definitely didn't lose as much as OBJ.

OBJ is not that good. but he is a "smidge" better than Wylie. I think what pisses everyone off is that the dude was actually asking for Top 3 LT pay...WTF! 

I wonder what route the chiefs will take with him or the LT position in the offseason...??