Game day thread. Chiefs vs titans

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

was he not one of a few from the top 10 or 15 picks that actually did well and played for the team that drafted him? Seems to remember that draft as a whole sucked ass for the 1st round. Of course it was the year we had the first pick and not a single QB worth a damn to go after.

You know, that actually makes me happy, may not have drafted Mahomes if we did draft one there!  Sometimes God has a plan!

11 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Big Fish got a bad rap.  It wasn't his fault he was drafted 1st overall.  He was better than a lot gave him credit for, even if he was never a world-beater.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

was he not one of a few from the top 10 or 15 picks that actually did well and played for the team that drafted him? Seems to remember that draft as a whole sucked ass for the 1st round. Of course it was the year we had the first pick and not a single QB worth a damn to go after.

I actually always liked fisher. I agree that it was a bad time to half the 1st overall pick. Fisher was a scrappy player and battled on every play. What was so cool about that time is when we added Schwartz. Those two tackles constributed to the Chiefs SB, and I'll never forget that.

Anyway, that was the past. OBJ has his moments, and hopefully he can put it together for another run, that's all we can hope for.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, kkuenn said:

Yeah, that was wrong year to have the first pick!

At least they did not take that other LT that went to Jacksonville!

On 11/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, kkuenn said:

Yea only 1 out of the top 10 is still even playing and that's Lane Johnson picked at 4 by Philly whom he still plays for.   Only 2 out of the top 20 are still playing n 6 out of the top 20 made it till last year.   Deandre Hopkins was probably the most notable at 27. 

That was year we got Kelce so it wasn't all bad and Fish was solid.  

On 11/9/2022 at 2:51 PM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You know, that actually makes me happy, may not have drafted Mahomes if we did draft one there!  Sometimes God has a plan!

We would have drafted another blackledge.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:26 AM, kkuenn said:

Joekl or however it is spelled.

Luke Joeckel. He turned out to be the lesser player it seems. It crazy how things work out. I remember going back & forth on who I wanted the Chiefs to draft. Lane Johnson actually turned out to be the best of the tackles in that draft.  

7 hours ago, qnet said:

Luke Joeckel. He turned out to be the lesser player it seems. It crazy how things work out. I remember going back & forth on who I wanted the Chiefs to draft. Lane Johnson actually turned out to be the best of the tackles in that draft.  

Johnson was good but also had an easier time of it on the right side.

That draft was truly horrendous.

Crazy to think that Mitchell Schwartz could be manning our right side this year if not for a debilitating back injury.  He was so good.  I know HB gets a lot of love for being one of the best FA signings but I don't think he played better than Mitchell.  Mitchell was a stalwart.  Dang I miss him locking down that right side.

9 hours ago, qnet said:

I wanted Richardson.