Last night's game is why i honestly believe Mahomes is the MVP.  I can honest to god say that there is not one QB in the league that would have won that game in the league other than patrick mahomes.  That literally makes him the most valuable.  

(and before the brady/rodgers argument comes....  i'm talking about QBs TODAY....  not in their prime)

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

Do you think the lack of running game is:

1. The lack of skilled RB

2. Poor oline play

3. Scheme

4. All of the above?

#2 and #3.  I'm not sure Priest or Jamal could light it up in the Reid/Mahomes era.  One would think that with Mahomes' skills and his multi targets that there would be rush opportunities but a lack of commitment to the run games and so many deep handoffs seems to lead to lots of zero gains.  The interior O-line is disappointing after the hype of last year.  

15 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Last night's game is why i honestly believe Mahomes is the MVP.  I can honest to god say that there is not one QB in the league that would have won that game in the league other than patrick mahomes.  That literally makes him the most valuable.  

(and before the brady/rodgers argument comes....  i'm talking about QBs TODAY....  not in their prime)

^^^this

22 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I think it is more the fact that they are there to protect our greatest asset, Mahomes, and allow him to pass without getting killed. They just spend little practice time on pass blocking.

Except Mahomes got sacked 4 times and was running for his life which on some plays worked out because he's Patrick Fu**ing Mahomes. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

#2 and #3.  I'm not sure Priest or Jamal could light it up in the Reid/Mahomes era.  One would think that with Mahomes' skills and his multi targets that there would be rush opportunities but a lack of commitment to the run games and so many deep handoffs seems to lead to lots of zero gains.  The interior O-line is disappointing after the hype of last year.  

Yea, unfortunately I'm thinking the same..I was really hoping that an above average RB would be the answer...Like maybe giving RoJo a try??

But yea, there just wasn't many lanes to run through last night. 

You know...Elway didn't get his SBs till Terrell Davis came along..

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Except Mahomes got sacked 4 times and was running for his life which on some plays worked out because he's Patrick Fu**ing Mahomes. 

I found it funny how collingsworth was all over Wylie for plays he actually did his job on. Should have looked at the other 50, or whatwver it was, plays he whiffed on.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea, unfortunately I'm thinking the same..I was really hoping that an above average RB would be the answer...Like maybe giving RoJo a try??

Well thank god mahomes got his so far. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

The Chiefs don't have any above average RBs.  What gets me is the lack of passes to RBs.  Wasn't that supposed to the the thing that CIH was good at?  I don't mean th little passes out in the flat with a defender a yard away.  I mean some wheel routes and stuff over the middle designed to get Pacheko or CEH in space. 

5 hours ago, artsy said:

2. Poor oline play

3. Scheme

4. All of the above?

4. Without a doubt. You don't have a running game this pathetic when just one thing isn't working. It's not going to get better until they make a commitment to the run.

Line play could improve but they need consistent run blocking reps. Schematically Reid is fucking clueless when it comes to running the ball. The unwillingness to give Pacheco a real shot to be our primary RB is mindboggling. And yes they need a talented 3 down guy that they can feed.

The Chiefs RBC looks like something you would resort to when your main guy gets injured. Nope. Not us. This patchwork group was actually their plan going into the season. 

I think the very most frustrating part is that, in the moment, Reid just cannot see how running the ball more would benefit the offense. He knows it from Monday til Saturday. He's too smart not to. But under the lights, his pass first nature just dominates his thinking.

And a successful run game would take pressure off Pat literally and figuratively. Teams DO NOT have to respect the threat of the run when they play us. So they come after Pat with no abandon. And once in awhile it gets to him. You saw a drive in the 4th quarter yesterday where he threw 3 bad passes in a row. That's what happens when you run for your life all game long. Even the best get rattled once in awhile.

I love Reid but his offense is always gonna be this way. 31 other teams view running the ball, OR at least the THREAT OF RUNNING THE BALL, as an absolute necessity. Reid views it as a luxury. And shit like that is why he has 1 ring when he should have about 5.

Because when that clock starts he simply does not have the ability to say to himself "We have GOT to run the ball more."  It's his vice.

But Pat will get him another ring. Maybe 2. He's that special. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

2. Poor oline play

3. Scheme

4. All of the above?

All of it. I do think if we can be effective with line and a true rb, we would scheme more for it. Allowing us to set up play action. Able to stretch the field if they play up more instead of 2 high safeties etc. This will also allow the middle of the field to be more open if the LBs have to creep up for fear of the run. Keeps the defenses honest and guessing.

They don’t care about the run. That’s why it’s not working.

they have run blocking lineman.

they have 3 backs who can contribute.

they commit to none of them.

The run plays suck.

it’s all kinds of fubar

it’s gonna cost them when it matters again unless they choose to fix it. 
buts it not their philosophy so don’t expect anything to change 

2 hours ago, artsy said:

2. Poor oline play

3. Scheme

4. All of the above?

I think there's a lot of scheme that comes into the pitiful performance of our running game - most games.  The one place that Patrick could really help himself out by improving is going under center more instead of all the RPO crap, which has it's place - but should not be used as an exclusive running game scheme in my opinion.  The RPO does not allow the offensive line to fire off the ball drive blocking in case Pat pulls the ball and fires it down field.  If they can't be the hammer then they're - well, the nail.   Against stout d-lines (see Bills and Titans) that makes opening lanes awfully difficult.  I've never really liked running from the shotgun unless it's the occasional draw play for that reason.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If we keep playing games like that he probably does.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/today-goes-inside-the-game-with-patrick-mahomes-travis-kelce/vi-AA13POLM?cvid=a43e587fcc1247b2bec81d16897d2947&category=foryou

Mahomes and Kelce on the Today Show. Nice interview. A Must watch.

3 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I think there's a lot of scheme that comes into the pitiful performance of our running game - most games.  The one place that Patrick could really help himself out by improving is going under center more instead of all the RPO crap, which has it's place - but should not be used as an exclusive running game scheme in my opinion.  The RPO does not allow the offensive line to fire off the ball drive blocking in case Pat pulls the ball and fires it down field.  If they can't be the hammer then they're - well, the nail.   Against stout d-lines (see Bills and Titans) that makes opening lanes awfully difficult.  I've never really liked running from the shotgun unless it's the occasional draw play for that reason.  

This is exactly why. 
colinsworth pointed out Malik handoff to Henry and the speed Henry was hitting the line with. That what we fuckin need. 
On top of that, focus on the run during practice. 
titans D line is legit. So is jags. 
Shit I thought maybe last night they would run a few toss sweep runs like with priest and make that D line run and get tired. But no, just run it where there strength is. 

30 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

This is exactly why. 
colinsworth pointed out Malik handoff to Henry and the speed Henry was hitting the line with. That what we fuckin need. 
On top of that, focus on the run during practice. 
titans D line is legit. So is jags. 
Shit I thought maybe last night they would run a few toss sweep runs like with priest and make that D line run and get tired. But no, just run it where there strength is. 

Reid talked about it in his presser today. Ironically, he said that the lack of production in the run game was the oline not playing well enough, the RBs not being patient enough and the playcalling (scheme) could've been better.....NO SHIT.

I love Pat, he's a good kid and a helluva a football player. It just gets really irritating seeing him carry the entire offense on his back and winning games IN SPITE of some of EB/Reids shortcomings. I guess that's what separates him the rest , right? The actual ability to carry the team when all else fails...

I just wish Reid would give the guy a real running game and take the KC offense go to a whole other level.

All of the above.   

Predictable running formations.  Slow and indecisive running backs.  McKinnon is their best overall back.  He is elusive, quick, can pass block and has speed.  Pacheco has long speed but isn't very elusive and needs a real hand off to generate momentum.  CEH is slow and small and we refuse to use him in the pass game which is his strength.   In the attempt to not be predictable they use the wrong backs on the wrong play calls (ie CEH on sweeps and McKinnon up the gut).   

The Oline looks like hot garbage.  (After rewatching Smith held his own and looked healthier this game. ) Wylie and Brown are atrocious.  

Its going on 3-4 years of facing this Titans team and we don't have an idea of what works vs this D?   As brilliant as Reid is, why are we calling plays knowing our Oline cannot give Pat the time for those deep concepts.  Our WR are built to dominate those routes anyways.  We have two incredible possession wrs in Kelce and Juju and a speedy gadget guy and we game plan one game vs a good D and look amazing and then play another good D and implode on ourselves.  

Maybe its option e.  Playing undisciplined football.  CJ getting a costly penatly in almost every game is ridiculous.  Can our ST play a solid mistake free game?  Same with our O.  Dropped passes and stupid penalties cost us mulitple scoring drives otherwise we score 30 and Mahomes forces the national media to recognzie what we already know that Mahomes is the real MVP.