11 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Last night's game is why i honestly believe Mahomes is the MVP.  I can honest to god say that there is not one QB in the league that would have won that game in the league other than patrick mahomes.  That literally makes him the most valuable.  

(and before the brady/rodgers argument comes....  i'm talking about QBs TODAY....  not in their prime)

100%.  No one else could have done that. Period. End of story. 

11 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Except Mahomes got sacked 4 times and was running for his life which on some plays worked out because he's Patrick Fu**ing Mahomes. 

Getting sacked 4 times when they knew he was going to pass every play for a total of 68 times, or whatever it was, is pretty damned good actually.  To protect him enough to do that 68 times with only 4 sacks was a hell of a performance.  Only an O-line completely keyed in on protection could have done that, and that is exactly why they couldn't run block. You seem to be asking too much.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Getting sacked 4 times when they knew he was going to pass every play for a total of 68 times, or whatever it was, is pretty damned good actually.  To protect him enough to do that 68 times with only 4 sacks was a hell of a performance.  Only an O-line completely keyed in on protection could have done that, and that is exactly why they couldn't run block. You seem to be asking too much.

One of them was 4 seconds. It was a coverage sack. Not really on the line 

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes is just a running back at the QB position. 

I can't believe what I am reading.  My jaw is dragging on the floor. It is hard to imagine the thinking that goes into comments like I am reading here.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

All of the above.   

Predictable running formations.  Slow and indecisive running backs.  McKinnon is their best overall back.  He is elusive, quick, can pass block and has speed.  Pacheco has long speed but isn't very elusive and needs a real hand off to generate momentum.  CEH is slow and small and we refuse to use him in the pass game which is his strength.   In the attempt to not be predictable they use the wrong backs on the wrong play calls (ie CEH on sweeps and McKinnon up the gut).   

The Oline looks like hot garbage.  Trey Smith has taken a big step backwards.  Jeffrey Simmons was tossing the dude around.  Maybe its an injury but after the bye week not sure anywmore.  Wylie and Brown are atrocious.  

Its going on 3-4 years of facing this Titans team and we don't have an idea of what works vs this D?   As brilliant as Reid is, why are we calling plays knowing our Oline cannot give Pat the time for those deep concepts.  Our WR are built to dominate those routes anyways.  We have two incredible possession wrs in Kelce and Juju and a speedy gadget guy and we game plan one game vs a good D and look amazing and then play another good D and implode on ourselves.  

Maybe its option e.  Playing undisciplined football.  CJ getting a costly penatly in almost every game is ridiculous.  Can our ST play a solid mistake free game?  Same with our O.  Dropped passes and stupid penalties cost us mulitple scoring drives otherwise we score 30 and Mahomes forces the national media to recognzie what we already know that Mahomes is the real MVP.

What on earth are you smoking? 

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I can't believe what I am reading.  My jaw is dragging on the floor. It is hard to imagine the thinking that goes into comments like I am reading here.

What on earth are you smoking? 

I can answer those.

1) AZ was making a joke

2) meth

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/11/7/23445063/nfl-midseason-superlatives-patrick-mahomes-pete-carroll-aaron-rodgers

Most Likely to Finish the Season As QB1: Patrick Mahomes

It’s over. There are no more debates or arguments left to be had. Patrick Mahomes is the NFL’s best quarterback, and until Josh Allen can eliminate all of the silliness—namely, the inexplicable interceptions and increasing rate of off-target passes—from his game, there isn’t another in his league. Sure, there are a handful of passers who can go toe to toe with Mahomes in a single game. We saw Allen outplay him earlier this season in a Buffalo win. And Justin Herbert arguably had a better game when they squared off in Week 2. But do you know why I can rattle off instances of Mahomes being outplayed in specific situations? It’s because they don’t happen often! You can always bank on him to show up on a big stage.

We saw it on Sunday night against a Titans defense that was so locked in you could have told me Mike Vrabel had tapped into Andy Reid’s headset and I would have believed you. Didn’t matter, though. In the end, Mahomes was able to improvise his way to a game-tying drive before putting it away in overtime.

This season, Mahomes has taken another step. Without Hill taking the top off defenses, the Chiefs have had to spread their passing game out horizontally. We’re seeing receivers run more challenging routes on the backside of concepts, and Mahomes is hitting them with regularity. He’s had to be more methodical, as evidenced by a career-low sack rate, while facing the highest rate of pressure of his career. It hasn’t mattered! The Chiefs offense leads the NFL in EPA per play. Mahomes ranks second among quarterbacks in that same stat, third in success rate, and fourth in yards per dropback, according to TruMedia. But where he really separates himself from the rest of the pack is in obvious passing situations—when playing quarterback is most challenging.

export__5_.png

Mahomes is doing this with just ONE target the defense has to worry about in those situations, and it’s a tight end—maybe the best tight end in the league, but still!

While we’re putting an end to the QB1 debate, we can probably wrap up the MVP discussion, too. No matter how bored voters are of heaping praise on the Chiefs quarterback, there isn’t another passer doing the heavy lifting for his offense quite like Mahomes. Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts are winning lots of games, but they have the most support in the league. If you forced their front offices to choose between their two top receivers and the guy throwing them the ball … they’re taking the receivers. That’s not happening in Kansas City. Allen, who was right there with Mahomes in the MVP race before Sunday, has had to carry more of the load for Buffalo, but he’s had a hard time doing that while playing mistake-free ball.

So much of the Chiefs’ offensive success this season has been predicated on the quarterback’s ability to make any throw to any part of the field at any given time—and he’s been able to do just that. Mahomes’s performance this season has been truly exceptional.

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

5 hours ago, xen said:

1) AZ was making a joke

2) meth

I 100% thought NOBODY would take that seriously. Now excuse me...I have some meth to smoke. 

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

that is a little misleading. He was running for his life the whole game. They just happen to get to him 4 times.

56 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I 100% thought NOBODY would take that seriously. Now excuse me...I have some meth to smoke. 

My sense of humor was on "tilt" last night.  Must have been that headache. Didn't sound like you.  But others on the same thread were off on kind of that tangent. I've been wanting us to run more for the last year, ever since we got that new o-line, and that it would help the passing game.  But some of the comments were really excessive, especially since the Titans are probably the top defense against the run in the NFL, even before Sunday night.

56 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

that is a little misleading. He was running for his life the whole game. They just happen to get to him 4 times.

Every team that wants to beat the Chiefs has to apply tremendous pressure to Mahomes and make him run for his life. It is the only strategy an opposing defense can hope will work.  That is why the line has had to learn protection to such a degree, at the expense of run blocking development.  Mahomes is the franchise, and he MUST be protected. Getting to him enough to sack him only 4 times on 68 drop backs shows how committed to protecting him they were. The protection also was made difficult by exceptional coverage by the defensive backs, much more than the Titans are known for.  They deserve some credit for that.  There were times Mahomes had a ton of time and had to throw it away, because everyone was blanketed. I saw him hold it more than 3 seconds very often, and at least once more than 4-5 seconds. Running backs and tight ends were spending half their snaps trying to stop blitzers.  The Titans are a very, very strong defense, especially up front. To not be impressed by the protection and focus only on the inevitable mistakes or breakdowns in protection is plain wrong IMO.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Every team that wants to beat the Chiefs has to apply tremendous pressure to Mahomes and make him run for his life. It is the only strategy an opposing defense can hope will work.  That is why the line has had to learn protection to such a degree, at the expense of run blocking development.  Mahomes is the franchise, and he MUST be protected. Getting to him enough to sack him only 4 times on 68 drop backs shows how committed to protecting him they were. The protection also was made difficult be exceptional coverage by the defensive backs, much more than the Titans are known for.  They deserve some credit for that.  There were times Mahomes had a ton of time and had to throw it away, because every one was covered. I saw him hold it more than 3 seconds very often, and at least once more than 4-5 seconds. Running backs and tight ends were spending half their snaps trying to stop blitzers.  The Titans are a very, very strong defense, especially up front. To not be impressed by the protection and focus only on the inevitable mistakes or breakdowns in protection is plain wrong IMO.

Agree. They knew he was passing, PM had time more often than not. Could it be better? Sure. 

14 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Every team that wants to beat the Chiefs has to apply tremendous pressure to Mahomes and make him run for his life. It is the only strategy an opposing defense can hope will work.  That is why the line has had to learn protection to such a degree, at the expense of run blocking development.  Mahomes is the franchise, and he MUST be protected. Getting to him enough to sack him only 4 times on 68 drop backs shows how committed to protecting him they were. The protection also was made difficult by exceptional coverage by the defensive backs, much more than the Titans are known for.  They deserve some credit for that.  There were times Mahomes had a ton of time and had to throw it away, because everyone was blanketed. I saw him hold it more than 3 seconds very often, and at least once more than 4-5 seconds. Running backs and tight ends were spending half their snaps trying to stop blitzers.  The Titans are a very, very strong defense, especially up front. To not be impressed by the protection and focus only on the inevitable mistakes or breakdowns in protection is plain wrong IMO.

Not sure we were watching the same game. Most of the pressure on mahomes was not blitzes. They were just d lineman beating o linemen. And some of those pressures could be atributed to WR not getting open also but for the most part the second half was better then the first but still not a top 5 offensive line in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Not sure we were watching the same game. Most of the pressure on mahomes was not blitzes. They were just d lineman beating o linemen. And some of those pressures could be atributed to WR not getting open also but for the most part the second half was better then the first but still not a top 5 offensive line in my opinion.

Agree: Maybe not a top line but good enough to win against some really good D teams like SF and Tenn. May have been much different result if Tannehill had played. 

I also think the line will continue to improve. Lots of talent .

48 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Yeah, Wylie and Brown could be replaced by guys who are better. We are not as far apart as you think.  The reasons and the degree of dissatisfaction and unhappiness is where we disagree.  We are 6-2, Andy is still the best coach, Mahomes is still the best QB, and we will no doubt be in the playoffs.  I think it will likely end there because our young guys do not yet have the experience and knowledge.  There are Super Bowls in the future. Cheer up.

GUYS----- The playoffs are alot different than the regular season. I guess I am not satisfied with a playoff birth. All that means is another game. I think they are a super bowl winning team when they play a complete game. Take the team against the 49ers and yes the are a superbowl winning team, but the team against the Titans they sir are not. All I am saying is the play against the Titans will not get you far in the playoffs.

One of the quotes someone posted above talked about Pat being MVP (I agree he should be at this point) and the fact he is doing it without Tyreek Hill and really only having one target to go to? I gotta draw the line there. Does anyone realize that Juju is on pace to catch 94 passes for 1,237 yards? That my friends is not scraps from Kelce's table. That is a solid #2 and needs to be acknowledged.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

One of the quotes someone posted above talked about Pat being MVP (I agree he should be at this point) and the fact he is doing it without Tyreek Hill and really only having one target to go to? I gotta draw the line there. Does anyone realize that Juju is on pace to catch 94 passes for 1,237 yards? That my friends is not scraps from Kelce's table. That is a solid #2 and needs to be acknowledged.

Agreed.  He's really coming on lately.