4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I wonder what it'd take to extend him before he hits FA?

Don't know, but Veach should do it before the end of the season.  JuJu, Toney, Moore, Watson, and maybe Ross would be a good starting point for next year.  MVS can be cut without much cost unless he picks it up. 

56 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't know, but Veach should do it before the end of the season.  JuJu, Toney, Moore, Watson, and maybe Ross would be a good starting point for next year.  MVS can be cut without much cost unless he picks it up. 

I like this concept. Can Toney take the top off? Or do we draft that person. Hardman speed is showing up in these least few weeks. 

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I like this concept. Can Toney take the top off? Or do we draft that person. Hardman speed is showing up in these least few weeks. 

Toney can replace Hardman with jet sweeps, deep routes, and i quicker in making moves and getting open.  We can only hope that Moore gets it together with his get open ability and big hands.  The Chiefs will probably draft a WR on day two if they can fill the OT and DE positions earlier or if one falls to them.  

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I wonder what it'd take to extend him before he hits FA?

With the way market has been set in the offseason it would take quite a lot but still would be cheaper than FA following a  and stellar healthy season with Mahomes. If he hits FA I think all we can expect is a 3rd or 4th.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think a solid 2nd/3rd tier FA would compliment that group very well. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think a solid 2nd/3rd tier FA would compliment that group very well. 

Would you not consider MVS that? With him from the list mentioned, that would give us 6 WR. Though need to know that Ross can perform before we go further.

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Would you not consider MVS that? With him from the list mentioned, that would give us 6 WR. Though need to know that Ross can perform before we go further.

Right now I think he's filling exactly that role. Only the TDs are missing but they may come later. However until he shows consistency as a solid #2 the cap for next year may be too high to stick with him. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Right now I think he's filling exactly that role. Only the TDs are missing but they may come later. However until he shows consistency as a solid #2 the cap for next year may be too high to stick with him. 

Not to worried about the cap. They have a good amount and can get to a ridiculous amount with a few contract adjustments. This is why I think we get a major FA out there at DE, DT etc and go into the draft for further upgrades and youth. Also it will be his 2nd year in system, so hopefully as said, he gets better down the stretch.

It’s interesting to see afc west teams pay large money for FA DE and not getting the production. I wonder , if it’s better to get another stud DT in FA to pair with Jones. 
I’m not saying we don’t need a DE but maybe FA wise go after the DT and then go from there. 
I really like that Tennessee D line. Toughest one we have faced to date. 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

It’s interesting to see afc west teams pay large money for FA DE and not getting the production. I wonder , if it’s better to get another stud DT in FA to pair with Jones. 
I’m not saying we don’t need a DE but maybe FA wise go after the DT and then go from there. 
I really like that Tennessee D line. Toughest one we have faced to date. 

The earth shaking FA signing for the Chiefs should be an OT.  They can wait for a DE or DT to develop without getting Mahomes killed.  If Wharton comes back, he and Saunders along with Jones is an acceptable interior D line.  Upgrades would be good, but not as critical as OT.  A lot depends on whether Niang can come back strong but Kinnard doesn't seem to be an answer. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

The earth shaking FA signing for the Chiefs should be an OT.  They can wait for a DE or DT to develop without getting Mahomes killed.  If Wharton comes back, he and Saunders along with Jones is an acceptable interior D line.  Upgrades would be good, but not as critical as OT.  A lot depends on whether Niang can come back strong but Kinnard doesn't seem to be an answer. 

I agree with a OT. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Problem is that Brown is probably the best option of the FA crop for 2023.  They might have to go the trade route again for someone like Tunsil, who is a FA in 2024.

I would rather trade up next year and draft the biggest stud LT in the draft.  Jones or Duncan probably.  I like Duncan.  Watch out for Skoronski, though.  He is a little light in the ass, but he might be the best fit for us.

32 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Problem is that Brown is probably the best option of the FA crop for 2023.  They might have to go the trade route again for someone like Tunsil, who is a FA in 2024.

I would rather trade up next year and draft the biggest stud LT in the draft.  Jones or Duncan probably.  I like Duncan.  Watch out for Skoronski, though.  He is a little light in the ass, but he might be the best fit for us.

Would you start a rookie at LT next year?  Not many that can step in on day one and the Chiefs, even trading up, wouldn't get a top ten pick. 

On 11/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, jetlord said:

Would you start a rookie at LT next year?  Not many that can step in on day one and the Chiefs, even trading up, wouldn't get a top ten pick. 

Some times you can get a starting OT in late 1st round or even later. Just have to do due diligence in our scouting.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:26 PM, jetlord said:

Saunders is an UFA. 

On 11/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, jetlord said:

Watson not under contract after this year

• 2 weeks later...