48 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yeah ...and that idiot Skip Bayless, who apparently gives Mahomes no credit for anything, thinks Philly QB Hurts is by far and away the frontrunner for MVP. Huh?🤨

Skip is a moron. I used to watch it quite often because I enjoyed shannon and his act. But skip is just an old wart. Time he gets replaced. 

7 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Skip is a moron. I used to watch it quite often because I enjoyed shannon and his act. But skip is just an old wart. Time he gets replaced. 

I used to watch it quite a bit for the same reasons.  Skip is professional troll though and it just got old.  

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

Yeah ...and that idiot Skip Bayless, who apparently gives Mahomes no credit for anything, thinks Philly QB Hurts is by far and away the frontrunner for MVP. Huh?🤨

I don't listen to them very much anymore and don't take it seriously. Soren Petro believes it's all a show and done for ratings & views, and I've wondered about that as well.  As soon as I saw this discussion coming up on my podcast, I knew Shannon would be for Mahomes and Skip wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I don't listen to them very much anymore and don't take it seriously. Soren Petro believes it's all a show and done for ratings & views, and I've wondered about that as well.  As soon as I saw this discussion coming up on my podcast, I knew Shannon would be for Mahomes and Skip wouldn't. 

Shannon acts like a Mahomes fanboy....which is odd considering he is a former Bronco. Bayless has two football crushes. The Cowboys and Tom Brady. Yes I am aware that he and Sharpe take opposing views as part of their schtick. But if you ever actually listen to Bayless' reasoning behind some of his takes....it's almost like a juvenile trying to reason.

11 hours ago, dhitter said:

Shannon acts like a Mahomes fanboy....which is odd considering he is a former Bronco. Bayless has two football crushes. The Cowboys and Tom Brady. Yes I am aware that he and Sharpe take opposing views as part of their schtick. But if you ever actually listen to Bayless' reasoning behind some of his takes....it's almost like a juvenile trying to reason.

LOL.  Yeah, I actually had a much longer rant about him, but decided to keep it simple. The last take by him on this subject was really bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Nagy and Mahomes connection during the draft. Nagy was awesome then and I think a good reason Mahomes has adjusted to his new offense and weapons. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-chiefs-should-build-a-statue-of-matt-nagy-for-this-move-he-pulled-to-help-patrick-mahomes-impress-andy-reid/ar-AA14Nbki?cvid=0b0558bdecaf453993bbdf74dae7c1a4

• 2 weeks later...

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

This last game was kind of what I expected from Mahomes coming out of college. A bunch of amazing throws mixed in with some brain fart, what-were-you-thinking interceptions. Instead we got a SB win.  Hopefully was that a fluke and DEN just confused him with some coverages. 

Again, why is it that everyone blames Mahomes for all three of those? He accepts blame, because he is a leader. But two of those were great throws, darts, into tight coverage  like he has thrown to Kelce to great success. But my first reaction was Wow, that was a great defensive play! There is a reason Denver is ranked as one of the two top defenses in the NFL. To me. Mahomes made only one bad play. He forced the other two into tight windows to avoid getting injured. The receivers were not able to contest those.

15 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Again, why is it that everyone blames Mahomes for all three of those? He accepts blame, because he is a leader. But two of those were great throws, darts, into tight coverage  like he has thrown to Kelce to great success. But my first reaction was Wow, that was a great defensive play! There is a reason Denver is ranked as one of the two top defenses in the NFL. To me. Mahomes made only one bad play. He forced the other two into tight windows to avoid getting injured. The receivers were not able to contest those.

Naw. There is a difference between throwing into tight windows and throwing it directly to a defender he didn't see...twice. Terrible passes. No way of contesting those. The other was 4 yards behind receiver. Receiver had no chance. And if he were scrambling so be it. If he gets credit for scrambling and making great plays, he can take the blame when under pressure and does stupid stuff. They were all brain fart plays by Mahomes.  For the record, he's going to tear it up Sunday. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

This last game was kind of what I expected from Mahomes coming out of college. A bunch of amazing throws mixed in with some brain fart, what-were-you-thinking interceptions. Instead we got a SB win.  Hopefully was that a fluke and DEN just confused him with some coverages. 

Personally I think when he got up 27 he started taking risks and it came back to bite him. I never felt the game was in danger though.

Honestly I think Jewell did a great job. If you watched his body direction, he faked Mahomes into thinking he was going away from the play and adjusted back to get the int's. I am not saying mahomes is not at fault but just like the one stopped up by the cb for a great int, these were plays made by a great defense instead of horrible decision by Mahomes. He was goaded into throwing them more so than just throwing it up for grabs.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Honestly I think Jewell did a great job. If you watched his body direction, he faked Mahomes into thinking he was going away from the play and adjusted back to get the int's. I am not saying mahomes is not at fault but just like the one stopped up by the cb for a great int, these were plays made by a great defense instead of horrible decision by Mahomes. He was goaded into throwing them more so than just throwing it up for grabs.

Exactly!  My first impression at the time was "Wow!  What a great defensive play." It really was.  So was the other one. The conventional wisdom all week has been portraying these as great Mahomes mistakes, but they were not.  It didn't look like like two of them were.  One was. 

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Jewell did exactly to Mahomes what he did throughout college at Iowa.  Loved that kid at Iowa.  Hate him now because he's a gelding, but gotta give props when props are due.  Stupid throws by Mahomes, but some of it is just Jewell being Jewell.  Bad throws.  Exceptional defensive plays.  

5 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Jewell did exactly to Mahomes what he did throughout college at Iowa.  Loved that kid at Iowa.  Hate him now because he's a gelding, but gotta give props when props are due.  Stupid throws by Mahomes, but some of it is just Jewell being Jewell.  Bad throws.  Exceptional defensive plays.  

Wish he were a Chief.