Mid Season Thoughts

Interested in hearing from all

Surprise- How talented the young DBs are so early in careers. 

Disappointment- O-Line. Touted as a top line, these guys are weak in both phases. Now we know it's mostly the tackles but overall, way under expectations.

Expected- weak pass rush.

Unexpected- how quickly we've been successful offensively after adjusting for the loss of Hill.

Obvious- Bolton is a top LB in the NFL

Moving forward I’d like to see Pacheco and RoJo s as the main 2 RBs. And McKinnon as the third down guy. 

Saunders needs to start next to Jones. Shelton needs to be promoted. 
Stallworth be the 4th DT. 
Nnadi inactive

a new RT needs to start moving forward. Either brown moved over to RT and Christian takes over LT. Or Kinnard is given an opportunity to start and we see what we have in him. 

I love our young secondary. Sneed, Mcduffie, Williams, and Watson. Great strong 4 corners. Nazeer can hopefully develop too. 

right now Harris should be our third LB and Chenal the 4th.  

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Moving forward I’d like to see Pacheco and RoJo s as the main 2 RBs. And McKinnon as the third down guy. 

Saunders needs to start next to Jones. Shelton needs to be promoted. 
Stallworth be the 4th DT. 
Nnadi inactive

a new RT needs to start moving forward. Either brown moved over to RT and Christian takes over LT. Or Kinnard is given an opportunity to start and we see what we have in him. 

I love our young secondary. Sneed, Mcduffie, Williams, and Watson. Great strong 4 corners. Nazeer can hopefully develop too. 

right now Harris should be our third LB and Chenal the 4th.  

100% agree with this, and none of these suggestions are unrealistic, or difficult to do.

i will add to this list

Im done with skyy moore for this season at wr and punt returns (barring injury), every snap he is supposed to get give to kadarious toney and justin watson instead. Regroup with skyy moore next offseason. We can’t afford to not get toney every snap realistically possible so he is ready for the playoffs.

Reid said that his teams have been preparing for referee styles “for years.”

Clete Blakeman’s crew called a combined 18 accepted penalties for 120 yards. Part of the Chiefs’ strategy, per Reid, is to keep tabs on referee patterns — whether certain crews lean soft or tight.

“We’ve done that for years, so we’ve got a booklet on each guy, and we talk to the team about what their strengths are in calls,” said Reid. “That was a pretty good crew though. That crew has traditionally been good. I think Clete does a nice job with that — of managing and normally letting the guys play.

“They’re a little high this year in calls — but in the past, they’ve been very, very good. They had a couple of new guys on their staff there — that crew.”

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I mean, if Wylie is gonna play this bad, then just put Kinnard in there and let him play. Cant be any worse right?

Could be worse?  KC has played some good defenses so hoping things calm down some with the remaining schedule.

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Could be worse?  KC has played some good defenses so hoping things calm down some with the remaining schedule.

If it is worse and mahomes gets injured because of it......then where are we in winning games? Mahomes should be protected by the best we have, if it is Wylie at this time, then so be it. We cannot do a mid season change just because we want to see someone new and see if it works. The off season is the time to get the upgrade done. Now if kinnard, niang etc is better, which we will never know, then the coaches are fuck heads 

Surprise: Mahomes instantly playing better than last year despite new faces and a very tough opening schedule.

Disappointment: All the RBs.

Expected: Wylie and Clark to be dead weight on both sides of the line

Unexpected: Defense is playing young guys and it generally works.

Obvious: Drafting well and letting young guys play is miles better than holding on to the Niemann and Sorensons of the world.

Surprise- Offense playing so well overall with so many new pieces & Khalen Saunders.

Disappointment- Juan Thornhill and Justin Reid -  They haven't been bad but had higher hopes from them.   OBJ - I keep thinking he is going to get it turned around.....and he keeps disapointting. 

Expected- Tackles and Ends struggling 

Unexpected- Young DB's developing faster than expected.

Obvious- Mahomes doing Mahomes things.    Mahomes should be the MVP.

5 hours ago, mex said:

Our DL did GREAT yesterday. Without Clark.

He'd better come back with an attitude.

Would Willis have make that big run to his left last night if Clark was playing?  No way to know.  Clark played well at SFO.  He isn't worth his cost, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Surprise:  Saunders playing up to his promise at last.

Disappointment:  Nnadi and Brown.  Thornhill and interior line to a lesser degree.

Unexpected:  Quality of rookie DB play.

Expected:  Running game isn't a priority

Obvious:  Chiefs are unstoppable when everything is clicking.  They're dangerous even when things go sour.

Surprise- Good surprise is the secondary, bad one is Butker.  

Disappointment- Coaching. Lack of running plays after seeing our offense crumble just because of it last year.

Expected- OL, OT was thin and got much worse against the defenses we have been facing.

Unexpected- WRs. Not totally unexpected as more bodies meant some target would be open but they have been really performing after adjustment to the offense. 

Obvious- Bolton and Gay will be a stud duo assuming Gay can stay out of trouble.

Surprise - Gotta be the young DBs, but Watson has been especially tremendous for a 7th round pick.  They're all contributing and all are seeing the field in some capacity.  That in and of itself is odds defying.  Small sample size but our 1st round CB has yet to give up a catch.

Disappointment - give Pacheco the ball.  I was not surprised he looked good as I loved this kid in the draft and was thrilled when we took him.  Give the kid a real shot.

Expected -  our tackles suck ass, and yet the offense is still a Juggernaut.  I know we needed to see it post-Reek, but I expected Pat to elevate those around him, including the new receivers.

Unexpected - Toney smashing into grown ass defensive ends vs the Tits?  💪 Maybe the depth at some positions?  Receiver especially, but also DB.  That we played so many young guys and that for the most part they're holding their own?  

Obvious - KC will continue to be one of the top teams while we have Pat.  Running the ball continues to be overrated.

Surprise- Young DB's they have really impressed me. 

Disappointment- for me its two fold. First the offensive line. Granted we have played some monster D-lines but still thought they would at least look good against them not get their cheeks clapped like they have been. The inconsistent play from the WR's. One game theyh are getting seperation and looking good then another game they can't get seperation at all. 

Expected- D-line is garbage and might be one of the worst I have ever seen. 

unexpected- Butker struggling. Hopefully he gets that worked out.

Obvious- Mahomes is a man amongst boys. I believe he is the best I have ever seen at this position. 

Surprise- How bad the RBs are with the additions of Pacheco and RoJo

Disappointment- Tackle Play.  Interior is doing the best it can, but you'd think Contract Year Brown wouldn't be playing like ass.  I thought RT was going to be the only questionable spot on the line.  I was REALLY hoping we'd see Naing by now.  Crazy considering he was expected to be up and ready by the beginning of training camp.  5 months ago.....

Expected- Pass Rush still can't do anything against even sub-par olines.  Doesn't matter if its Pass or Run

Unexpected- Butker's season

Obvious- Kelce is hands down the best RB in the league