Development that may affect seeding

Severity might be more about what damage he could do to it by playing.  If he can't injure it anymore than what it already is play thru whatever pain their is n keep going or if their is a chance he could further damage it to a point of needing surgery sit him for a couple games n let it heal.  

On 11/9/2022 at 6:34 AM, dhitter said:

He threw a ball nearly 70 yards in the air after he got hurt. Can't imagine it's too severe if he can do that. 

Couple things on this...   1.  Adrenaline.  2. There have been many pitchers that continued pitching and throwing fire before realizing their UCL was bad enough for TJS.  I think even Salvador Perez was dealing with the strain for a bit, gunning runners down and throwing the ball 100+ times a day before it was confirmed.  Its been known to happen and quite frequently

20 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

So with Allen be day to day...do we think he plays Sunday? 

He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday.  I think they know exactly what is wrong, and how long he will be out, but for the sake of keeping their opponents game planning will be slow playing this one...regardless of end result

I personally think he will miss 2-4 games...  but i have absolutely nothing to base that off of other than gut feeling

On 11/9/2022 at 6:34 AM, dhitter said:

He threw a ball nearly 70 yards in the air after he got hurt. Can't imagine it's too severe if he can do that. 

Butker went out and kicked field goals in the game he injured his ankle and then was out for several weeks after. So I am not sure I completely agree with this statement

4 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Couple things on this...   1.  Adrenaline.  2. There have been many pitchers that continued pitching and throwing fire before realizing their UCL was bad enough for TJS.  I think even Salvador Perez was dealing with the strain for a bit, gunning runners down and throwing the ball 100+ times a day before it was confirmed.  Its been known to happen and quite frequently

Okay. His arm is wrecked and he likely needs surgery....is that your story?

22 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

He didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday.  I think they know exactly what is wrong, and how long he will be out, but for the sake of keeping their opponents game planning will be slow playing this one...regardless of end result

I personally think he will miss 2-4 games...  but i have absolutely nothing to base that off of other than gut feeling

Didn't practice today either, that prediction of 2 to 4 games is getting closer to being true

20 hours ago, dhitter said:

Okay. His arm is wrecked and he likely needs surgery....is that your story?

Nope....  my story is that throwing a 70 yard pass after the injury occurred has no relevance to the non existence or severity of the injury.  Kind of like when rivers played with a torn acl or players continue to play at a high level after breaking something or tearing something