Player Safety. Cisco should have been ejected.

I love the violence of football. Big hits are great, but I was astounded that Cisco was not ejected for the plays on passes to ju Ju and MVS. He clearly hit Ju Ju helmet to helmet. A flag was thrown and they picked it up. A couple plays later, he did the same thing. Ejection decisions come from New York. Elections are supposed to take a player off the field that is playing wrecklesslessly enough to endanger other players or are deliberately trying to injure a player. Cisco should have been gone. Period. Later on on Sunday, Justin Herbert was hit while running with the ball and deciding not to slide. Result, player is ejected for helmet to helmet hit that was nowhere near the severity. I am not saying this because this happened to the Chiefs and I have no desire for football to become two hand touch. New York needs to get its act together. I am all for big hits, but this crap needs to get cleaned up. I hope Ju Ju is ok. That play easily could have ended his career. I can understand accidents happen, but Cisco did it 2 times within a couple plays and the Refs did not throw a flag. That is not an accident. That is a player that is playing out of control. Now watch. Next week, the Chiefs will get a player ejected for a big hit that is clean. 

1 hour ago, Docbarnabee said:

I love the violence of football. Big hits are great, but I was astounded that Cisco was not ejected for the plays on passes to ju Ju and MVS. He clearly hit Ju Ju helmet to helmet. A flag was thrown and they picked it up. A couple plays later, he did the same thing. Ejection decisions come from New York. Elections are supposed to take a player off the field that is playing wrecklesslessly enough to endanger other players or are deliberately trying to injure a player. Cisco should have been gone. Period. Later on on Sunday, Justin Herbert was hit while running with the ball and deciding not to slide. Result, player is ejected for helmet to helmet hit that was nowhere near the severity. I am not saying this because this happened to the Chiefs and I have no desire for football to become two hand touch. New York needs to get its act together. I am all for big hits, but this crap needs to get cleaned up. I hope Ju Ju is ok. That play easily could have ended his career. I can understand accidents happen, but Cisco did it 2 times within a couple plays and the Refs did not throw a flag. That is not an accident. That is a player that is playing out of control. Now watch. Next week, the Chiefs will get a player ejected for a big hit that is clean. 

Obviously, making a remark to an Indy QB after a play deserves a penalty much more than giving guys concussions.  

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

The hit to Juju was an obvious helmet to helmet. The fact they picked the flag up quickly seems odd. That crew needs to be held to task for so blatantly missing that call. Then Cisco launched himself to do the same thing to MVS but was slightly off target so it wasn't as egregious but the intent was clear. That guy needs to lose some money to the league and be put on notice. What a punk!!

I hate he idea of slowing the game down but in College the play is reviewed of course in College it can end up with the player being thrown off the field. I'm not sure I'm into all that  but we don't need Rodney Harrison 2.0s running around either

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I hate he idea of slowing the game down but in College the play is reviewed of course in College it can end up with the player being thrown off the field. I'm not sure I'm into all that  but we don't need Rodney Harrison 2.0s running around either

I don't mind the rule OT... I just want them to call it consistent. That 'roughing' call on CJ a few games ago was total bullshit... and we've seen Patrick take worse hits on multiple occasion with no flags. The only thing that validates officiating is consistency. They can do that easily with instant replay. If they can spend 5 minutes determining if a receiver had possession, they can spend 2 minutes reviewing a hit that jeopardizes (or doesn't jeopardize, see CJ) a player's safety... 

8 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't mind the rule OT... I just want them to call it consistent. That 'roughing' call on CJ a few games ago was total bullshit... and we've seen Patrick take worse hits on multiple occasion with no flags. The only thing that validates officiating is consistency. They can do that easily with instant replay. If they can spend 5 minutes determining if a receiver had possession, they can spend 2 minutes reviewing a hit that jeopardizes (or doesn't jeopardize, see CJ) a player's safety... 

Maybe its me but consistency this year seems to be worse this year than previous years.  Still have never understood why a billion dollar a year industry doesn't go to full time officials.   

And the thing is....it wasn't even a "let's look at it from 8 different angles and really slow it down to see if maybe part of his helmet scraped the other guy" type of collision. It was OBVIOUS!! Don't know how the officials blew that. Consistency has been horrible this year 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Nothing so far. I do know the head official in the game afterwards explained there was no helmet to helmet contact and no defenseless receiver posture therefore no penalty. I am dumbfounded. 

Yep....  because players are literally knocked and concussed out due to those shoulder hits....  damn brains rattling around in their shoulder pads...

1 hour ago, mex said:

I think we are on the same page and make those types of hits reviewable like in college. In  a perfect world the Refs would be consistent but it seems more and more apparent that with more rules and complicated definitions does make it harder.  again I don't want the game slowed anymore  than it is. That one year when a PI was reviewable was agonizingly stupid  and slow.. gots to an answer somewhere. 

I just hope Juju is ok that was brutal and in the good ol days we'd of seen a bench clearing brawl..that'd been epic

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think we are on the same page and make those types of hits reviewable like in college. In  a perfect world the Refs would be consistent but it seems more and more apparent that with more rules and complicated definitions does make it harder.  again I don't want the game slowed anymore  than it is. That one year when a PI was reviewable was agonizingly stupid  and slow.. gots to an answer somewhere. 

I just hope Juju is ok that was brutal and in the good ol days we'd of seen a bench clearing brawl..that'd been epic

I dedicate 3.5 hours every week to watch the Chiefs. If it takes another 10 minutes to get a few calls right, that's ok by me. 

I think Cisco should look at some Montese Burfect tape.  Sorry if I mispelled.  That dude is no longer in the league as a result of getting the rep of being a dirty player.   He should also look at the Video of the hit that Ju Ju Smith Schuster made on him that got Ju Ju suspended a game.  I think Cisco looks like a good player,   I know he is going after guys and uses his shoulders a lot,  but the way he launches upwards towards the head is dirty.  . 

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think Cisco should look at some Montese Burfect tape.  Sorry if I mispelled.  That dude is no longer in the league as a result of getting the rep of being a dirty player.   He should also look at the Video of the hit that Ju Ju Smith Schuster made on him that got Ju Ju suspended a game.  I think Cisco looks like a good player,   I know he is going after guys and uses his shoulders a lot,  but the way he launches upwards towards the head is dirty.  . 

I watched a ton of Cisco's college games, as a huge SU fan.  I'm actually in the Dome right now watching the Orange get spanked...

Anyway, Cisco was never a dirty player in college.  I almost wonder if he has been coached to play that way for the Jags. 

Did anyone see Chris Simms' and Mike Florio's take on the whole Juju hit? If not let me summarize:

1. It's partially Mahomes'fault Juju got hurt because of where he threw the football.

2. Juju lowered his helmet and was really the one initiating contact.

3. Cisco actually could have lit Juju up a lot worse but pulled up. He was being nice.

4. Good defensive play. Refs made the right call.

We all know the hit should have been flagged. We all are frustrated with the damn referees and consistency. We are also frustrated with accountability within the nfl and the refs. 
with all this being said, I for one wouldnt mind a thumper like cisco on my team. 
putting this in context. 

On 11/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, dhitter said:

Did anyone see Chris Simms' and Mike Florio's take on the whole Juju hit? If not let me summarize:

1. It's partially Mahomes'fault Juju got hurt because of where he threw the football.

2. Juju lowered his helmet and was really the one initiating contact.

3. Cisco actually could have lit Juju up a lot worse but pulled up. He was being nice.

4. Good defensive play. Refs made the right call.

Not sure what the logic is here though, just because the guy didn't hit as hard as he could have should we simply ignore the hit? Basically any defender can always hit harder so it's true for every single defensive play.

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Not sure what the logic is here though, just because the guy didn't hit as hard as he could have should we simply ignore the hit? Basically any defender can always hit harder so it's true for every single defensive play.

It's been a while since I wanted to throw something at the TV screen. The logic (or lack thereof) was simply mind boggling.