Unsung Heroes Thread

I didn't know that the rules allowed only one or the other. In that case, keep Houston. Somehow, though, I thought we had the cap money to keep all our best proven players. My mistake. Shows what kind of GM I'd make.

A guy drafted in 2010 who became a perennial all-pro and is now an ancient 26 year old is definitely somebody who is expendable, especially when a high ankle sprain keeps him in in the hot tub for several weeks. With your kind of thinking, we would become doormats again. But at least we wouldn't have a roster full of washed up, overrated guys in their fifth year of decrepitude. We need to send that Berry some ex-lax and a few knitting needles.

how do you become a perennial all pro  when  20 out of the 70 games he's been paid for he's nursing an injury... about #28%? OBTW he has NEVER been All Pro.... just a pro bowler.  look it up  oh never mind I did that for you. Bil if you going to talk down to me it would be refreshing if you knew what you were talking about

An all-pro is a player who is determined to be the best at their position as voted on by a selected panel of sports writers.

A pro-bowl player is a player who appears in the pro bowl at the end of the season. To determine the pro-bowl roster there are three sets of voters each set of voters gets an equal say in the pro-bowl roster. The three sets of voters are: the fans, the players, and the coaches.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_the_difference_between_Pro_Bowl_and_All_Pro

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not?  Berry's cap hit next season is comparable to Bowe's or Sean Smith's.  I'd rather keep Berry than Fasano, Avery and Vance Walker all together.  You can throw out Joe Mays too.

well I do agree on that those others are easily on the dump list as well. As i said in a previous post Berry has missed 20 out of 70 games she was paid for. He performance while playing is solid  but not impact on a consistent basis. You can not just look at their salary but the savings in Cap $ there is a difference in to the 2 but then you knew that. Berry is not worth his paycheck IMO. Rarely is an employee that is absent 28% of his paid work time is.

how do you become a perennial all pro  when  20 out of the 70 games he's been paid for he's nursing an injury... about #28%? OBTW he has NEVER been All Pro.... just a pro bowler.  look it up  oh never mind I did that for you. Bil if you going to talk down to me it would be refreshing if you knew what you were talking about

An all-pro is a player who is determined to be the best at their position as voted on by a selected panel of sports writers.

A pro-bowl player is a player who appears in the pro bowl at the end of the season. To determine the pro-bowl roster there are three sets of voters each set of voters gets an equal say in the pro-bowl roster. The three sets of voters are: the fans, the players, and the coaches.

True, but he is consistently on the Player's top 100 and grades out well amongst other SS statistically.  Other than this season and the year he missed entirely, he hasn't missed one game.  Charles has missed nearly the same amount of games over that timeframe.  Please acknowledge.  

Unbelievable.  That whole world recognizes Eric Berry as a premier player except Chiefs fans.  What the Hell did this guy do wrong?  I know.  He doesn't get 9 INT a year like Ed Reed, even though he doesn't play the same position.

Gee, I'm glad I had an expert on hand to explain that to me. Truth is, I remember pro-bowls, three of them, in all of his seasons, 2011, 2012, 2013. He got there by playing hard 100% of the time and being a monster tackler, which is why he hurts himself. BTW, perennial pro-bowler is what I meant. But you know, OT, that is the kind of guy I like on my team. I don't know why. Just seems like the kind of thing you don't rush to get rid of. Maybe other guys here agree we should get rid of him in his fourth year, because he plays so hard he tends to hurt himself. To me, that is a fast track for how a good franchise becomes mediocre or worse.

One other thing. If you are going to consider disagreement tinged with sarcasm being "talked down to," then this forum is not a happy place for you to hang out.

Gee, I'm glad I had an expert on hand to explain that to me. Truth is, I remember pro-bowls, three of them, in all of his seasons, 2011, 2012, 2013. He got there by playing hard 100% of the time and being a monster tackler, which is why he hurts himself. BTW, perennial pro-bowler is what I meant. But you know, OT, that is the kind of guy I like on my team. I don't know why. Just seems like the kind of thing you don't rush to get rid of. Maybe other guys here agree we should get rid of him in his fourth year, because he plays so hard he tends to hurt himself. To me, that is a fast track for how a good franchise becomes mediocre or worse.

One other thing. If you are going to consider disagreement tinged with sarcasm being "talked down to," then this forum is not a happy place for you to hang out.

in 2011 he played in 1 game...pleeeese get your facts straight

I love this place and enjoyed informed posts by those who have their facts straight. Many on here are much more informed than I and I take their arguments and opinions with a great deal of respect.

but saying one thing  and then trying to cover up  by saying . "I meant to say" sounds like that someone in the Oval Office and the credibility spirals downward.

If your good with over paying for a player than is unreliable then i beg to differ on whom would GM a team  that deserves this statement. "With your kind of thinking, we would become doormats again" ;)

Berry sucks. Cut him, pay Houston.

Berry is good against the run, but he is below average as a cover safety. He can blitz, but that's about it.

I can't see how you justify his salary, when he is basically a liability in the passing game....

in 2011 he played in 1 game...pleeeese get your facts straight

I love this place and enjoyed informed posts by those who have their facts straight. Many on here are much more informed than I and I take their arguments and opinions with a great deal of respect.

but saying one thing  and then trying to cover up  by saying . "I meant to say" sounds like that someone in the Oval Office and the credibility spirals downward.

If your good with over paying for a player than is unreliable then i beg to differ on whom would GM a team  that deserves this statement. "With your kind of thinking, we would become doormats again" ;)

Sounds like my sources are crappy. The online site shows him drafted in 2010 and being in pro-bowls three times, which to me leaves only 2011, 2012, and 2013 as possibilities. I think I will just shut up and leave these kind of things to knowledgeable forum people. Apparently I cannot trust the sports press. It was another site that said we had 2 round 2 choices in 2015 and that turned out wrong, also.

Anyway, I think he is an excellent player and should be kept. He is young and considered one of the best, which I thought was the goal for the type of player a team should accumulate in order to win a championship.

Yes he was drafted in 2010 but he also played in 2010 and was a pro-bowler. injured in 2011 played in one game and then again was a probowler in 2012 & 13. This year he played in  one game and has missed the last 5..

there ya go Bil. no hard feelings. The one thing CTO has taught me is to get my facts straight because someone on here is bound to call you on it. Lord nows I have it happen to me more than a few times. This forum has taught me to be a more informed poster if anything.

OBTW

GO ROYALS!

Berry sucks. Cut him, pay Houston.

Berry is good against the run, but he is below average as a cover safety. He can blitz, but that's about it.

I can't see how you justify his salary, when he is basically a liability in the passing game....

Not true.  14th out of 57 starting safeties in catch percentage last year.  Not great, but hardly sucks.  

There's a difference between the strong and free safety positions

I thought we would be 2–3, but I hope those wins it be against the Titans and Miami, not New England. I also thought that since we played Denver tough last year we were bound for a blowout loss in the week two. I also did not think that the Niners game was going to be as close, until the week we played them because of the way that they were playing and their injuries.

I was thinking the same thing. Surprised at the Tenn loss and surprised at the tough time we gave Denver in their house.

Yes he was drafted in 2010 but he also played in 2010 and was a pro-bowler. injured in 2011 played in one game and then again was a probowler in 2012 & 13. This year he played in  one game and has missed the last 5..

there ya go Bil. no hard feelings. The one thing CTO has taught me is to get my facts straight because someone on here is bound to call you on it. Lord nows I have it happen to me more than a few times. This forum has taught me to be a more informed poster if anything.

OBTW

GO ROYALS!

Thanks, OT!

And....now......GO ROYALS!!!!

I'm a die hard royals fan too.

Not a good start. Shields hasn't done a single good thing this post season.

My thoughts, also. The result last night was no surprise. But scoring five runs in the last three games confirms again our deficiency of offense we have seen all season.

My thoughts, also. The result last night was no surprise. But scoring five runs in the last three games confirms again our deficiency of offense we have seen all season.

Yep. Butler is gone. We need more power from the dh. Shields will be gone a truthfully that's no loss. Duffy is waaaay better. Duffy Ventura Vargas and Finnegan.

Yep. Butler is gone. We need more power from the dh. Shields will be gone a truthfully that's no loss. Duffy is waaaay better. Duffy Ventura Vargas and Finnegan.

I hate to see Butler gone, but it's best. That will be a good rotation but we will need more to get through injury. I think we can find it down on the farm.

I hate to see Butler gone, but it's best. That will be a good rotation but we will need more to get through injury. I think we can find it down on the farm.

We have another highly touted starter his name is eluding me. No rotation worries. Yost should be shot for not inserting Duffy this series.

We have another highly touted starter his name is eluding me. No rotation worries. Yost should be shot for not inserting Duffy this series.

I would have felt a lot better, especially since he is going to be gone. But it may be that they thought his kidney stone that he passed the other day had been the cause of his problems, so they wanted to find out. They found out :lol:

I don't think you can compare Charles to Berry. Berry is good. No arguing that, but at what price? He should not get top 5 safety money. Just saying. I would rather resign Houston.

Eric Berry is a top safety.  If it comes to a choice between a premier safety and a premier pass rusher, you keep the PR, of course.  If you're smart, you keep both.

Archived