Unsung Heroes Thread

I was thinking about how the team has played so far this season and all the many surprises we have witnessed.

Heavy injuries, players emerging and players doing almost nothing... D Bowe, can you hear me?

I thought it would interesting to get a thread going praising the players that have really stepped up this season and are going un-noticed....

I think it all starts up front and Rodney Hudson has been the glue that has got the O-line on track.

Kudo's to Mr. Hudson!

w

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nomination goes to Mongo for knowing it all. Or thinking he does. Just kidding, he knows he doesn't, he just shares his thoughts and... Ok, it was a joke.

My honorable mention is to KCCrow for best avian-based name and West for most directional username.

Bailey, JMJ, Mauga, Abdullah, Parker, Owens for not letting the D implode.

Entire Chiefs O-line for really improving and playing a bit better than they really are at times.

Yes, forgot about owens. He has been really balling..Too bad he's going to be out for awhile. Hopefully, parker or gaines can fill in.

I don't understand how some can say Mauga and JMJ are so good when our run D has the 4th worst YPC in the league.  You can say KC might have a better record with better this or that.  KC might have a worse record if NE or MIA had been smart enough to exploit a suspect run defense.  

Your point is valid.

Mauga and JMJ are being talked up becuase they are exceeding expectations.....the expectations that they would be adequate back ups.

w

Those backs are running through some big holes if you watch. Our lb are making takles and not missing tackles. But you could also say they aren't filling gaps either. Our vaunted dline is part of the problem.

Those backs are running through some big holes if you watch. Our lb are making takles and not missing tackles. But you could also say they aren't filling gaps either. Our vaunted dline is part of the problem.

Maybe that is a by-product of letting Tyson Jackson walk.  Don't get me wrong.  I prefer Allen Bailey.  I don't think we've seen his best yet.  But TJ was an underrated run defender who just cdnt rush the passer.  But he is probably a better run defender than AB right now.

Couple that with the loss of DeVito, another solid run guy, and maybe you are right.  Maybe I'm looking at the wrong position.

I love all the players called out. It is no joke for a team most projected at 6-10 to be 2-3 at this point without DJ(regular Pro Bowler), Berry(regular Pro Bowler), a solid starting OLB, a solid starting DE. I mean San Fran is fighting through the same kind of thing, but they were in the Super Bowl and stacked with talent. Yet I would not say they are that much better than is.

There are a bunch of heroes on this team. Coaching staff and front office included.

Ask yourself if you thought we would have played this well at this point. Even without the injuries.

I am very proud of this team.

I don't understand how some can say Mauga and JMJ are so good when our run D has the 4th worst YPC in the league. You can say KC might have a better record with better this or that. KC might have a worse record if NE or MIA had been smart enough to exploit a suspect run defense.

Because I didn't know their names 6 months ago. And now they are holding their own as starters. Well, JMJ anyway.

I love all the players called out. It is no joke for a team most projected at 6-10 to be 2-3 at this point without DJ(regular Pro Bowler), Berry(regular Pro Bowler), a solid starting OLB, a solid starting DE. I mean San Fran is fighting through the same kind of thing, but they were in the Super Bowl and stacked with talent. Yet I would not say they are that much better than is.

There are a bunch of heroes on this team. Coaching staff and front office included.

Ask yourself if you thought we would have played this well at this point. Even without the injuries.

I am very proud of this team.

I thought we would be 2–3, but I had thought those wins would be against the Titans and Miami, not New England. I also thought that since we played Denver tough last year we were bound for a blowout loss in the week two. I also did not think that the Niners game was going to be as close, until the week we played them because of the way that they were playing and their injuries.

lol, I know you're mocking Cali, but Abdullah is anything but a backup. He wasn't a backup in Minnesota and he isn't one here. He spent a year getting back into football last season, now he's back to form. He's not just a starter, he's a really good one. Abdullah, literally, makes Berry expendable if the Chiefs wanted to go that route. However, Berry and Abdullah on the same field has been a very good combination. Abdullah is outstanding in slot coverage, which is really something for a safety, and provides Sutton with tons of options. Abdullah is the best defensive back overall for KC on the field every week.

Archived