Hardman's "injury/illness" ??

I found the use of this term by the Chiefs be be disturbing and wonder what is going on.  Did they mean that he has an illness (like Covid or a cold) AND an abdominal injury, or an injury with a medical problem inside his abdomen together?  I found the use of those terms from the team to be mysterious and equivocal, especially with him going on IR.  It could be nothing, like a contusion to his abdominal muscles combined with some kind of intestinal virus, or it could be something really ominous like a tumor in his liver that bled after he took a hit.  To put him on IR seems to mean he is scheduled for an extensive medical workup with CT scans and MRI's.  It could even be something like Hodgkins disease (common at his age, like Eric Berry had) that bled after practice.  Whatever, being put on IR combined with the mysterious language designation is a concern to me. Anyone else puzzled by this?

no..putting him on IR leaves space to bring someone else in to fill a spot until playoffs, Toney has shown so far to be more than suitable replacement for him. It also MAY be a bargaining chip in regards to him being a FA next year.

In this world of over reaction and conspiracy theories ( see the LR) in this case I'll take the Chiefs info as being unintentionally ambiguous. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

no..putting him on IR leaves space to bring someone else in to fill a spot until playoffs, Toney has shown so far to be more than suitable replacement for him. It also MAY be a bargaining chip in regards to him being a FA next year.

In this world of over reaction and conspiracy theories ( see the LR) in this case I'll take the Chiefs info as being unintentionally ambiguous. 

Ahh.  I see.  It is an actual designation that includes both things.  Makes sense now.  Thanks, OT.

Yeah.  That was the story before. But, as OT said, it fits into a specific category of "illness/injury" meaning either of those,  that allows IR designation, which in our case, is an advantage if we want to deal him for more value.  He could lose value if he had another injury after being activated or stops being used since we have Toney.  Just a wise organizational maneuver.  But it does pretty much seem to establish that they plan to trade him.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  That was the story before. But, as OT said, it fits into a specific category of "illness/injury" meaning either of those,  that allows IR designation, which in our case, is an advantage if we want to deal him for more value.  He could lose value if he had another injury after being activated or stops being used since we have Toney.  Just a wise organizational maneuver.  But it does pretty much seem to establish that they plan to trade him.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think they lie about injuries very often.  I know everyone is going to vomit the same shit about Eric Berry, but I don't think they really had a choice.  He was able to play and chose not to and they were powerless to force him. It's my understanding that they are super transparent about injuries to keep teams colluding with gamblers and that injury reports are fairly sacrosanct.  

41 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Andy just had his presser, and he wouldn’t answer the question. Weird as hell.

I noticed a play against Tenn where he was on his knees bent over. Looked like he got the wind knocked out or a rib issue.. He went out of the game but returned a while later. I was surprised he returned.

15 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I noticed a play against Tenn where he was on his knees bent over. Looked like he got the wind knocked out or a rib issue.. He went out of the game but returned a while later. I was surprised he returned.

Spleen maybe?  I think it was Chris Simms who finished a game with a ruptured spleen.  Not saying he ruptured but i think you can injure it without rupturing.  

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Spleen maybe?  I think it was Chris Simms who finished a game with a ruptured spleen.  Not saying he ruptured but i think you can injure it without rupturing.  

Basically, even if the capsule that covers the spleen has a split or crack, it is a ruptured spleen.  That kind can be treated conservatively by waiting, or the capsule can be sutured.  It's best to not remove the spleen if there is not a lot of bleeding, because it is so important as part of the immune system.  But if Hardman had even a small capsular rupture, he would have been in the hospital for major evaluation of the extent of it, since you can bleed out and die from it if it is a bad one.  So, that's not it, or we would have heard about it.  His season would be over, and they would say so. The spleen is protected by the ribs, so usually a rupture would also involve a rib fracture overlying the spleen. Not always but usually.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Basically, even if the capsule that covers the spleen has a split or crack, it is a ruptured spleen.  That kind can be treated conservatively by waiting, or the capsule can be sutured.  It's best to not remove the spleen if there is not a lot of bleeding, because it is so important as part of the immune system.  But if Hardman had even a small capsular rupture, he would have been in the hospital for major evaluation of the extent of it, since you can bleed out and die from it if it is a bad one.  So, that's not it, or we would have heard about it.  His season would be over, and they would say so. The spleen is protected by the ribs, so usually a rupture would also involve a rib fracture overlying the spleen. Not always but usually.

Thanks for the exspleenation.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Such blatant man-spleening.