Chiefs chargers game day thread.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

2023 his salary is $8.5M Dead cap is $4M next year

2024 $11.5 M  dead cap $2M

I think they keep him around for at least next year.   I don't think he is anything special but he does provide something that Hardman JJ and Toney dont  and that's availability game in n game out.     MVS and Moore have been the only 2 WRs that haven't been injured and missed time.  

Anyone else notice the way Moore looks like he waits on the ball then reaches out and snags that fucking thing. I was really glad to see him step up. To be honest I think this game will boost his confidence and we will be able to see it on the field. This could be a wake-up call to the rest of the league. Damn I am giddy. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

I doubt they will create a hole at WR for $4.5M savings so he'll likely stick around for 2023.

Maybe , even with that dead money hit, it gives them more money to offer Schuster? MVS so far has been just ok. Now that can change and I hope it does. 

31 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Anyone else notice the way Moore looks like he waits on the ball then reaches out and snags that fucking thing. I was really glad to see him step up. To be honest I think this game will boost his confidence and we will be able to see it on the field. This could be a wake-up call to the rest of the league. Damn I am giddy. 

I thought he showed flashes earlier in the season. I didn't care about the return stuff, just wanted him in the regular offense. I'm glad he stepped up and hope it continues. 

I think this year has proven you need 5 quality wrs.   Can you do it with less, of course but the margins are razor thin.   MVS, Toney, and Moore are th e only 3 signed past this year.  I just cannot see us cutting MVS unless we sign OBJ to a multi year deal and then resign Juju.   I think its far more likely we keep MVS, Moore, Toney (gotta stay healthy to be counted on), and resign Juju.   MVS might not be amazing but cutting him opens up another hole, only saves ~4.5 million, and means we have to watch another wr learn the ropes and build rapport.   Again doesn't make much sense to cut him.  He isn't a #1, but he is a very good #3 and if Moore develops, Toney gets healthy, and we resign Juju he could be an awesome #4.  FA wr's this offseason is pretty slim pickings.  I think you roll with Juju because he is young, has rapport with Mahomes and then sign a fast guy mid rounds.   I don't think we will want to pay Mecole what he will get in a weak wr market.   Which gives us Juju, MVS, Moore, Toney, and I think they try and resign Watson on a cheap multi year deal.  

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think this year has proven you need 5 quality wrs.   Can you do it with less, of course but the margins are razor thin.   MVS, Toney, and Moore are th e only 3 signed past this year.  I just cannot see us cutting MVS unless we sign OBJ to a multi year deal and then resign Juju.   I think its far more likely we keep MVS, Moore, Toney (gotta stay healthy to be counted on), and resign Juju.   MVS might not be amazing but cutting him opens up another hole, only saves ~4.5 million, and means we have to watch another wr learn the ropes and build rapport.   Again doesn't make much sense to cut him.  He isn't a #1, but he is a very good #3 and if Moore develops, Toney gets healthy, and we resign Juju he could be an awesome #4.  FA wr's this offseason is pretty slim pickings.  I think you roll with Juju because he is young, has rapport with Mahomes and then sign a fast guy mid rounds.   I don't think we will want to pay Mecole what he will get in a weak wr market.   Which gives us Juju, MVS, Moore, Toney, and I think they try and resign Watson on a cheap multi year deal.  

Watson is staying.